Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Pillars of Eternity Presentation at PAX South 2015

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; Brandon Adler; Chris Avellone; J.E. Sawyer; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity; Tim Cain

Brian Fargo isn't the only one visiting PAX South this weekend. A whole bunch of folks from Obsidian are also attending to promote Pillars of Eternity. Unlike the Bard's Tale IV announcement, this panel is being streamed, and it's about to start:

What a weekend!

Update: And it's over! The gameplay demonstration was pretty short - a well-choreographed, action-packed dungeon crawl. The real meat of the panel was the Q&A session, which was surprisingly entertaining and information. I recommend watching the whole thing.

norolim

Arcane
They tried so hard to make the combat music as similar to Baldur's Gate combat music as possible, that it's almost plagiarism.

EDIT: Well that wasn't very long.

Athelas

Arcane
The drake death animation where it leaps up into the air and comes crashing down is a thing of beauty.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Bester did the UI mod :P, but yeah I think they meant Bester or "us" rather than me. I did do some earlier stuff with inventory slots, attributes and recovery time and stuff, which in comparison takes about 5 minutes if you know what you're doing.

They didn't say jack shit about assets though :argh: They haven't replied at all about supporting scene modding yet (meaning that if you make a custom item etc, it will be very very difficult to put into the game).

jdinatale

Cipher
Joshua Sawyer looks a lot less attractive with shaggy hair....he needs to shave that off.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Looks good. Even the latest beta became more enjoyable.

Kinda pity the party was overleveled. I wish we could see how actual encounters works with serious enemies.

Still, I am very excited for PoE again.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I am aware that the game might have "balancing" problems, but damn i am aroused right now. Looks awesome.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You guys weren't kidding, Brandon sucks!

I have to wonder, what's the reason behind putting guys like Brennecke or Brandon (specially when Josh is there), that aren't very good at the game, when this things serve as advertisments, so you want the game to look as good as possible.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Wasn't that what the question was about, and they said they would look into it together with others after the game was launched?

They were talking about making area art, not giving access to the actual area files that contain the actual characters/items/objects etc that are contained in a level.

soulburner

Cipher
Any way to watch this on Windows phone? :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom