Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ludo Lense Thread

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ahh sound like you need to lurk a bit more newbie if you think those comments are pedantic and you dont know who DraQ is

But now I did a critique regarding Skyrim and the Elder Scrolls in general ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3WTXZLj2mk ). I have some complex emotions regarding it (don't worry, Morrowind gets plenty of love) but since saying on RPG CODEX that Skyrim wasn't designed by the Anti-Christ is heresy, I figured the responses could be much more ambivalent.

You called Battlespire a bad dungeon crawler - this makes me think you haven't played it or your tastes are very questionable. Battlespire is in my opinion the best TES game.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Can't believe I watched a 40 minute video about Skyrim.

I'd watch another one of your videos maybe

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Bro, use only simple and readable fonts when you are adding text to your videos.

Your current choice of fonts is really bad.+M

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Bro, use only simple and readable fonts when you are adding text to your videos.

Your current choice of fonts is really bad.+M

Yep you are right, that's been an universal complaint. The person who did the intro is working on creating a custom font for me (and hopefully a generic intro for me to use).

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nice videos so far and I'm sure they will get even better as you become more aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Especially The Elder Scrolls video had a lot of thought put into it. Well done. Do Jagged Alliance series next - I don't think anyone has done a thorough retrospective video of it even though it has a huge cult following. I can provide game play videos if you need them.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Nice videos so far and I'm sure they will get even better as you become more aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Especially The Elder Scrolls video had a lot of thought put into it. Well done. Do Jagged Alliance series next - I don't think anyone has done a thorough retrospective video of it even though it has a huge cult following. I can provide game play videos if you need them.

It's been such a long time since I played those...I might do it at one point but I have clearer views on other franchises. Thanks for the offer for footage though.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Op... You have shit taste... And this coming from someone who is currently playing DA:I

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
We 1080p 60 fps now. So I managed to burn myself out completely by finishing a wasteland 2 review. While I do like love rpgs, making detailed reviews is quite hard....gonna try to make much shorter stuff for a while which basically means no rpgs so no more posting here heh.

I took head of some feedback given and I tried speaking a lot slower this time around, with pauses and such. Also tried to get a much better video quality (fraps sucks).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAQ51-jx3fE

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
but since saying on RPG CODEX that Skyrim wasn't designed by the Anti-Christ is heresy, I figured the responses could be much more ambivalent.

Well I wouldn't go that far.

Claims of Anti-Christ are likely reserved for very special people like Herve Caen. Todd and Co. are derpers but his team at least tries (and fails). Herve is a utter piece of shit for that unspeakable horror that he made and there's a special place in Hell waiting for him.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Dude, you fucking rekt Wasteland 2 in that review.

10/10 subscribed

:notsureifserious:

Ludo Lense, I won't lie. Didn't watch your video to the end. I stopped after "Look. I get what they were trying to do. They were trying to be Fallout".

You are trying to be one of those "young guys, reviewing old franchises" type of youtubers. Which is ok by me. It can be done in three ways:
1. Do your fucking homework. When you try to smart talk me without knowing the backstory, it's just sounds stupid. Watch Super Bunnyhop - he nails that pretty good. "I wasn't there at the time, but I researched the subject before making my videos" kind of attitude.
2. Just don't do reviews. If you are drawn to old franshises, play them blind. Game Informer do that kind of stuff, and they are fucking hilarious (watch their "Cyberia" or "Overblood" playlists).
3. Keep doing what you're doing. Babbling about stuff you hardly know anything about. You completed W2 - ok, I get it. Reviewing some of it's aspects - ok, fine. But then you start critisizing it's "not being serious" type of storytelling and "want to be Fallout" - jeez, do you even know what are you talking about?

Also, there is a separate W2 forum here on Codex. Just so you know.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Dude, you fucking rekt Wasteland 2 in that review.

10/10 subscribed

:notsureifserious:

Ludo Lense, I won't lie. Didn't watch your video to the end. I stopped after "Look. I get what they were trying to do. They were trying to be Fallout".

You are trying to be one of those "young guys, reviewing old franchises" type of youtubers. Which is ok by me. It can be done in three ways:
1. Do your fucking homework. When you try to smart talk me without knowing the backstory, it's just sounds stupid. Watch Super Bunnyhop - he nails that pretty good. "I wasn't there at the time, but I researched the subject before making my videos" kind of attitude.
2. Just don't do reviews. If you are drawn to old franshises, play them blind. Game Informer do that kind of stuff, and they are fucking hilarious (watch their "Cyberia" or "Overblood" playlists).
3. Keep doing what you're doing. Babbling about stuff you hardly know anything about. You completed W2 - ok, I get it. Reviewing some of it's aspects - ok, fine. But then you start critisizing it's "not being serious" type of storytelling and "want to be Fallout" - jeez, do you even know what are you talking about?

Also, there is a separate W2 forum here on Codex. Just so you know.

I didn't want to open a new thread since I am not gonna post everything I do here, that would probably be sort of spammy and would probably piss off people.

1. You didn't specify what I didn't do my homework about. I am all for constructive criticism.
2. I have no intention of doing Let's Plays because I do not have on the spot delivery.
2. From a narrative perspective the comparison to Fallout stands. Juxtaposing togue-n-cheek humor with serious moments in a post-apocalyptic setting is one of the things that the Fallout franchise is known for (people criticized the third one for taking itself too seriously along with other things). If they went full silly action romp or full gritty post apocalypse I would have not made this comparison. And the comparison works both ways, the good parts of the game really manage to hit fallout 2 level quality (Rodia,Angel Oracle and Hollywood basically).

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
This was originally posted 2 days ago in the thread of another critique I made but it was pointed out that Wasteland 2 things go in here. I was initially resistant because of laziness but on a technicality it is correct. Feedback, even if strongly worded, is welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAQ51-jx3fE

Rpgsaurus Rex

Very good review. Nice points, esp. about the writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Fallout 3 great game...

:whatho:

Also writing was serviceable enough for game which was not designed for story fags and was way above the again praised by this gypo Fallout 3.

Well if you take the entirety of gaming history...Fallout 3 is still a good game. I know rpg codex hates it but lemme say this, at least Fallout 3 is an rpg.

I am a fan of Syndicate and The Legacy of Kain, and those games got shafted when it came to reboots. One got a first person shooter and the other a multiplayer arena thing.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Well if you take the entirety of gaming history...Fallout 3 is still a good game.

How in the fuck is that fucking abomination a "good game"? Please enlighten us.

It is a decent exploration game in a bland post-apocalyptic setting. The gunplay is pretty bad since most weapons feel like you are shooting pellets at your enemies and the scenery gets seamy a few dozen hours in but is is pretty well put together, I mean yes there are annoying immersion breaking moments like if you kill a merchant you can't loot his inventory but overall the system made by bethesda is decent for exploring and such. Everyone jumped up and said "Hoorah" at NV when really the only real difference between the two is the writing and the more vibrant setting. My point is that a lot of the gripes came from the fact that it wasn't isometric (which is a useless complaint) and some very bad content (the super mutant infested D.C. labyrinth is by far the most tedious and confusing part of the game). Also most people who I know that hate the game also put 50+ hours in it which I personally find to be weird, I mean when somebody says an abomination of game I think of something like either AC:Unity because it is literally unplayable for most people or games on Steam Greenlight which you play for 5 minutes and then say "This is garbage".

Taking every RPG I've ever played in context I would say it is a bland but solid 7/10 and it wouldn't make my Top 20 list. I know some people think that Fallout 3 should have been exactly like 1&2 and anything else is betrayal but meh...there really isn't any discussion to be had there except who can shout/type the loudest.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nonlinear story, rich C&C when it comes both to play and factions and word which is not BS postapocaliptical theme park and where all settlements worked as a part of working enviroment, bettter game play with iron sights and hardcore mode to name the few of :incline: Obsidian brought to game except just writing and 7/10 should be reserved for good games with issues like Gamebroyo abortion of engine in FNV not for Oblivion with crappy guns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom