Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Sodafish

Arcane
I wouldn't suggest Misery for a 1st runthrough.

Silva

Arcane
CoP out of box is easy as hell. You will be swimming in meds and money before leaving the very first area. If you don't bother with that, get GFX-only mods like Atmosfear 3 and AbsoluteNature 3.

If it bothers you somehow and you would prefer a more.. harsh and verossimile experience, get Misery 1 and patch 2 from here:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!zEtSxC4J!eRsovn-n098UpRtLDmr5_w!zNcmCJoQ

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Having problems accessing the red forest. I am going in from the Military Warehouse/Freedom Checkpoint entrance and arrive at a canyon. I'm equipped with the Speznaz Military suit and the radiation skyrockets, can't even walk 10 metres in. Ok I say, then I will get that green scientist suit laying around in yantar (the one with 90+ Rad resistance). Same deal, only this time I can actually reach the Monolith guys before I succumb to radiation again. I also have artifacts that boost my rad resistance. What am I doing wrong? Is there a different entrance to the forest that isn't glowing like that? I was told there is a black SEVA suit that could be better but I have yet to find it unfortunately.

fakeedit: That's the suit I am wearing for hazardous situations:

5F97466A96F234F35A1B21BC649B6C496CF8DC1D

Also, I helped out the Freedom bros and now the Duty guys instantly attack me. Ok, I guess. Had to kill everyone of them at the Rostok location including their general. That was fun. :D Although the AS VAL makes the fights almost too easy imo.. Once you are in range, they stand no chance.
Do they respawn or are they gone for good?

E190E2689A9598ADA0CF30C5277A44833E33985E

Also also, got me CoP and Clear Sky (never played the latter) on steam too finally. Really really loving this series lately.

Sodafish

Arcane
Been playing AA a bit. Pretty cool, the added lethality is nice, but not ridiculous like in Misery where the enemies lob grenades which explode exactly on your head at any range. That new drum-fed submachine gun which fires 9x18 (forget the name) is pretty sweet, even at range. Also the saiga :salute: They removed the easy-access suits though (like the one in the stalker village), so I'm still in my starting rags at garbage. Please tell me you get a suit in agroprom/underground at least?

Also those military at the cordon wanting 800 each time you walk through! Surprised me the first time I just waltzed through again and they went ape :lol:

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
Please tell me you get a suit in agroprom/underground at least?

Yeah, you get a Stalker/Sunrise suit there. Even better.. or worse perhaps.. is that you can jump over the gate in Garbage. It was a lot easier in 2.04 but it's still possible. You have to crouch-jump to the top of the the pipes in front of the gate, then run-jump over. So you can go straight to the Army Warehouses if you want. Lots of lovely guns and suits. If you're lucky you can even get suits in stashes. I managed to get a Seva pretty early once.

Surf Solar How many artifacts and how strong are they? You probably need 2 or 3 crystals at least. Been a long time since I went there but I'm pretty certain you need a few high level anti-rad artifacts. Really enjoyed the vid you put up btw! With regards to getting past the checkpoint, you can also crouch-jump over the fence. In case you didn't know (since you're new to Stalker) if you jump while crouched, then let go of crouch while at the top of your jump - you get extra height. Plus you can jump higher in AA than vanilla. I've had a lot of fun getting to places I couldn't before. For example, in Dark Valley, if you go around the back of the factory you can jump over the wall, sneak up the broken stairwell and stealth your way into X18.

It's no big deal but just in case you're interested, here's a video to demonstrate crouch-jumping over the fence:

GODDAMNIT - I can't seem to link it at a specific time. It's just past 05:50... urgh..

DraQ

Arcane
Also, is Clear Sky any good ?
Any.
It's still a STALKER, it has a small bunch of cool new areas, it connects the old areas in completely different, but still topographically consistent manner and it has very lethal anomalies and hard as nails economy.
Oh, and at least two deliciously FFFFUUUU-n moments (dat MG and dose poltergeists).
:troll:

OTOH it has sucky upgrade system forcing sucky weapons, excessivly sucky NV, beyond awful endgame (SoC ending is pure poetry in comparison, seriously you'll probably feel strong urge to stab someone IRL when you get to the ending - possibly yourself) and a lot of fragile scripting making exploration a scary prospect.
Also there are some inconsistencies in levels (basically structural damage that's absent in SoC despite CS being a prequel) and boring cheating bloodsuckers.

Ivan

Arcane
bloat, better optimization. I think Misery 2.o exemplifies what people around here call "modders gonna mod," i.e., adding things for the sake of a new iteration.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Yeah, you get lot of stuff (tools, junk) and options making it a chore sometimes/often.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
The best way I can think of to summon up Misery 2's "modders gonna mod" problems is what they did with the Iron forest anomaly. Two controllers, a poltergeist and a Pseudogiant along with invisible zombies.

And if I recall the invisible zombies didn't understand the "Dead" part of getting shot in the head with half a mag of 7.62x54mm rounds.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
The Iron Forest anomaly is mostly random is Misery 2.1. I've had almost no resistance once, just a Poltergeist and a Controller. Also, it's piss easy with the right gear, as long as you don't find Burers lurking about.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn Rolk's Drifter, watched that video and you got some mad skillz there man, it was particular impresive how you took on those army guys under the bridge

Silva

Arcane
someone else , Rolk's Drifter , Invictus , Surf Solar ,

Damn bros, I need help. Im on Misery 2.1.1 and Topol and his guys just vanished! Now I cant talk to them to do the scientists quests (I was asked to get the artifact from the tunnel where the "co-co-controller" appears). Has this hapenned to any of you ? What should I do ? Can I complete the game without finishing the scientist story-arc ? I hope my playthrough isnt finished because of it.

:negative:

Sodafish

Arcane
Does anyone else have a bug with AA where you can't throw grenades? It's weird, but seems to be due to having a certain specific grenade in your inventory; dropping a stack typically solves it. The problem is you don't know which specific grenade is causing the problem, and it doesn't always do it anyway. Really fucking annoying.

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
Sodafish Yup, get that quite often. I've found dropping just one will work, so long as you pick it up with your gun holstered. That way it assigns the grenade to be your current weapon.

Silva Ah Topol... if you want to do those missions it's best to do them as soon as you get to to Zaton. The science quests aren't vital. I think you need them to get the best ending but it's not a big deal.

Invictus Haha, wish I could say that was standard fare but I just had freakish luck. If I remember right, I was kinda pissed because in the previous version you could still see the iron sights with a suppressor. But yeah, that's a nice spot for easy/cheap kills. Never really used pistols in SHOC before. I always modded the sawn off to go in the first slot. But after Misery 1 + 2 I've been having a lot of fun with them. Not as fun as with the Spaz though. God damn that thing is awesome :)

you know what time it is I prefer Misery 2 because I find it's better for unpredictability/challenge/replay value. But I would always recommend people play Misery 1 first.

Echo Mirage Heh.. see that's why I love it. Except for the invisible zombies, they always suck. To me the Iron Forest and Jupiter Plant are like boss battles. Crazy, random boss battles that forced me to think about the terrain/environment. That's what I love about STALKER, learning to use the environment is important. Same way using the environment in an RPG can be important/fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom