Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Physical Box Thread

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
What about Pavlish and Stackpole's signatures? They were promised in the Kickstarter so if you're going to drop them you should at least communicate it in a better way than just not mentioning it.

Cazzeris

Wasteland 2 Collector's Edition revealed:

B2v04TYCUAA6jR2.jpg:large

mindx2

I hope that the original artwork is on the other side of the box.

Also:

Brian Fargo said:
The unsigned CE of #wasteland2 will ship to folks by month end. @ChrisAvellone and myself will get to signed ones after that

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ranger Citadel: Fixed mirrored texture on the door to Ranger Citadel.

:salute: sea

I feel important now

As for the box... very meeeeeeh. As expected, sandwich box bullshit. I bet a nice big cardboard box would've been cheaper than this thing that doesn't look "classic" in any kind of way.

If the Torment CE will be like this then fuck you, I'll downgrade to standard box for whatever future Kickstarters you'll have.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Updated my information at the Ranger Central today, will be getting the physical box soon.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Feel like it's the end of the month... any news on when I'll be able to store my sandwiches?

SniperHF

Arcane
In case anyone missed it on the InXile boards:

Sorry guys, I haven't heard any news from DS.
icon_cry.gif
That's not to say things have shipped or not, we just don't know.

The office has been closed since yesterday for Thanksgiving. If you're emailing support don't expect a reply until after Sunday. (It's not that people don't care.)

Signed CE boxes will ship from American and Europe; only difference being Americans will get theirs via domestic mail.

https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com//viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10971&start=80#p142006

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally... but not in time for Christmas. :cry:
kickstarter-logo-130-4bd76f57873476030df202274d8043a1.png

Life Beyond Release
Posted by inXile entertainment

Hello again Rangers!

Wasteland 2 has been out for just a few months now and we continue to be very humbled with the love it's been getting from our backers and fans! It’s been great going on Twitter and our forums, reading your comments and experiences in the wasteland. There are quite a few creative custom parties running around Arizona and Los Angeles…

We’ve released three major patches since the last Kickstarter update, with over a thousand improvements to the game. The team has tackled things like major optimization passes, UI usability improvements, as well as tracking down bugs. Wasteland 2 is an incredibly large and complex game, with many moving parts, and we've been working down to the smallest details (including typos).

Many of the talented team members at inXile who worked on Wasteland 2 have moved full time on to Torment: Tides of Numenera, but we still have a dedicated crew giving Wasteland 2 the love and attention it deserves. Amongst other things, we intend to do a serious balance pass in the future that should tighten up some of the loose ends. This process will easily take a month to complete (have I mentioned this game is massive?) so we will need a solid window of time to complete it between updates.

Along with continued tuning of Wasteland 2, myself and a few others at the studio are beginning to work on another RPG that has been passionately demanded of us for a while now! It’s still quite early in the process, but we will have more news on that in the New Year.

Collector’s Edition and Survival Kits Shipping!
We are now shipping out the Collector’s Edition reward tiers! The process has taken longer than any of us would have liked and I want to again apologize for that. We are in the home stretch and these versions will be in your hands very soon! You will receive a shipping confirmation email when your box goes out to you, starting from today.

In the meantime, check out the collector’s edition. We think they came out great!

99436dc74b0c1120c617c8a4ef4fdb5d_large.jpg

(coin and medals from Kickstarter tiers will ship with the box but are not shown.)
A large number of these boxes are being shipped to a storage near our office for signing. When they arrive, our leader inXile Brian Fargo, Chris Avellone, and a few core members will spend a good day or two signing boxes. We're using air freight to speed it along, but it will still likely add at least a month to the delivery process on the signed versions.

We took care of the Doomsday Preparation Survival Kits ourselves ($500 tiers and above). It was a lot of fun finding goodies to throw into the Wasteland-branded bag to help you survive and thrive during the apocalypse. They started shipping recently and will continue to be sent out this month, so expect them to arrive early-to-mid next month depending on where you live.

5f2a06ba8ee86fefa30d07c359bbbbe6_large.jpg

(Above, our den mother and VP of HR, Elene Campbell and myself are adding a little slice of love to each survival kit…at no additional charge)
A reminder that if you haven’t submitted and confirmed your address on the Ranger Center please do so ASAP. As well, if there are any issues with the delivery of your physical goods, please contact us there and we’ll get it resolved.

Ashen Rift
Another great looking Kickstarter caught our eye: Ashen Rift, a single player, first person survival game set on an earth transformed into an ashen wasteland. Give the video a watch and it well might tickle your interest! This is creator Barry Collins' second attempt at crowdfunding this and we're really hoping he succeeds this time.

Chris Keenan,
Project Lead (Still!)
Twitter: @rangerkeenan

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
And I received the email saying my collector's edition shipped. I hope to have it soon.

Morkar Left

I received the Collector's edition 1/2 an hour ago!
Box looks awesome, miniature is good (but no metal), badge is good, manual is good, cd case is good. The cloth map is more like a silk map and ironically would have been better as a paper map. But unlike the Gothic 3 cloth map it has a sharp print and is easily readable.
Could become a disadvatage for some people: there's no padding material inside which made one dvd flip out of the case (but no scratchings for me). The contents are rumbling inside but besides the dvds everything is well enough secured.

All in all I'm happy.
:happytrollboy:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just got my notification. I didn't know I donated that much to this. :oops:

Looking forward to it though!

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I just got my shipping notice! woot!

However I have a question for sea and Brother None, my rewards states:

You will receive a Wasteland 2 poster, limited edition collectible coin, large boxed copy, collector's edition premium boxed version (with cloth map, instruction book, miniature, faction badge), your name in the credits in a special thanks section, early playable beta access, both early release digital episodic novellas (part 1 & 2), digital concept art book, downloadable digital soundtrack, 2 DRM free digital copies of the game (PC or Mac or Linux), exclusive Ranger portrait collection, 4 episode video development blog, Chris Avellone novella, and unique and quirky skill. (Please add $15 for international shipping)

Are you guys shipping my boxed copy AND my CE boxed copy at the same time? For the record, I never received my normal large boxed copy.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just got my shipping notice! woot!

However I have a question for sea and Brother None, my rewards states:

You will receive a Wasteland 2 poster, limited edition collectible coin, large boxed copy, collector's edition premium boxed version (with cloth map, instruction book, miniature, faction badge), your name in the credits in a special thanks section, early playable beta access, both early release digital episodic novellas (part 1 & 2), digital concept art book, downloadable digital soundtrack, 2 DRM free digital copies of the game (PC or Mac or Linux), exclusive Ranger portrait collection, 4 episode video development blog, Chris Avellone novella, and unique and quirky skill. (Please add $15 for international shipping)

Are you guys shipping my boxed copy AND my CE boxed copy at the same time? For the record, I never received my normal large boxed copy.

Good question. I'd like to know the answer to that one as well.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer

Yup, they're shipped together.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom