Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Man, could they come up with a shittier UI?

Annoyed that D:OS is only at 20%. Tempted to buy it for full price on GoG just out of spite.

The storefront is awful. Looks like default Windows 8. D:OS will almost certainly go cheaper on a daily.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Annoyed that D:OS is only at 20%. Tempted to buy it for full price on GoG just out of spite.

It will be most likely featured on the main page, with a deeper discount.

Btw, D:OS is not falling in the chart even with only 20% discount. :cool:

Astral Rag

Arcane
:lol:

I'm sure the game is no longer a shitty mobile cow-clicker by now

226qexf.png

(^that was posted in August)

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm thinking of getting Mass Effect. I mean, MrBTongue liked it and it's only 2 euro.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If you like cover shooting in corridors interspersed with poorly written dialogue dump scenes then it might be for you.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Defy Gravity is the game everyone should buy. You actually make some money after you sell the Steam Trading Cards.

It's only 0,09€

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
If you like cover shooting in corridors interspersed with poorly written dialogue dump scenes then it might be for you.

So like every other cover shooter?

Bullshit anyway...ME1 is a cutpasta KOTOR for the newer generation, for better or worse. It at least still tried to be a ARPG lite with a few hubs on the way to collecting the starmap pieces showdown with the Big Bad along with the skillchecks, exploration and rudimentary puzzles and sidequests.

ME2 and 3 were pretty much mission based corridor shooters with zero exploration and pure linear narrative. The biggest tragedy was that instead of adding to the RPG experience and fixing the numerous flaws of ME1, Bioware decided to dump everything that made the game an RPG and made it into nothing more than a clunky shooter with a few minor upgrades for your characters being the depth of the 'RPG experience', something that Battlefield did better anyway.

Gozma

Arcane
Opening ME1 writing is also far worse than DA:O, beyond like tone and Whedonjokes to just bare competency. The tutorial is beyond amateur hour - the insane assistant guy for example is so, so bad. I hope this was slapped together when they realized they needed a tutorial and the rest of the game picks up. Stopped playing there because of graphics bugs I need to hand-fix.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

So like every other cover shooter?

Bullshit anyway...ME1 is a cutpasta KOTOR for the newer generation, for better or worse. It at least still tried to be a ARPG lite with a few hubs on the way to collecting the starmap pieces showdown with the Big Bad along with the skillchecks, exploration and rudimentary puzzles and sidequests.

ME2 and 3 were pretty much mission based corridor shooters with zero exploration and pure linear narrative. The biggest tragedy was that instead of adding to the RPG experience and fixing the numerous flaws of ME1, Bioware decided to dump everything that made the game an RPG and made it into nothing more than a clunky shooter with a few minor upgrades for your characters being the depth of the 'RPG experience', something that Battlefield did better anyway.
The 'exploration' in ME1 was utter shit. Give me a break.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"Don't Starve" with the DLC worth it? I'll take a look.
Forget about Don't Starve, it sucks.
Better get The Long Dark. One of the Tacticual Cancer staff recommend it. Don't care if you like TC group or not, The Long Dark is good game. One of the survivar themed game that doesn't suck.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/

There's, like, no universe in the multiverse where Don't Starve sucks for you if you like survival/resource management games. Not one. If you played it on release and dumped it after two hours then I can understand but now it's a completely different game and it fucking rocks.

But I grabbed The Long Dark too, just to support the devs. So far it's a typical EA, basic and derpy, but it's got potential. Let's hope they'll finish it some day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom