Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Drax

Arcane
Yeah and the less things to do in the game the more people will hunt other players for fun.

IMO best case scenario would be to introduce AI faction controlled by designers that would direct corporation eyes to it instead of players. For example the bigger the corporation the bigger threats it needs to fight.

Truly best case scenario would be to introduce faction that would essentially level out sooner or later any corporation more or less completely and the big fun from it would be to who will create bigger corporation before downfall.

Also permadeath would also work well as you would loose all your assets, ships, crew and so on.

AFAIK, the main idea is to have something like (iirc) 70 % NPC - 30 % real people so large player-based organizations, while noticeable on the local level in some cases like their freaking hq system, won't impact the "single-players"/non-affiliated so much, as there WILL be AI factions, corporations, space-pirate-clubs, special-interest groups, and so on.

I think it's much more likely that the griefing will come from small groups looking to ambush the moron that's exploring space-jungle in a puddle-jumper...

Pike

Novice
Current rumor is CIG is investing $100 million more into the game that it has from who knows where. Quote of Chris Roberts from an article in an upcoming PC Gamer “We’ll probably invest $100 million of our own, and we’ve raised $59 million through crowdfunding so far."

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Current rumor is CIG is investing $100 million more into the game that it has from who knows where. Quote of Chris Roberts from an article in an upcoming PC Gamer “We’ll probably invest $100 million of our own, and we’ve raised $59 million through crowdfunding so far."

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3910150/#Comment_3910150

The devs said:
You guys are literally setting the budget and ambition of the game with your support

"Plz buy $2500 ships from us, or Chris Roberts will kill this cute puppy". :P

Perkel

Arcane
No he just said that he expect project overall cost ~100mln and all of this will be covered from own CIG money which come from backers.
Considering how much already it "earned" stuff like 100mln isn't really some amazing goal to reach.

I perfectly remember myself posting on some other board in 2012 after Wasteland 2 kickstarter that in just years time we will see 7-10mln+ crowdfunding for game.

In era of crowdfunding what companies need is to deliver on promises and this will eventually weed out companies that are there only for money from companies really trying to make good games. Not delivering project at good state is essentially sepuku for further projects which already Uber experienced after not delivering PA in proper state.

I think it is amazing that old patronage system came back and maybe soon there will be teams only focused on making the best game they can without looking at reality of game dev world.

Drax

Arcane
Because I haven't seen him in a long time, he was pretty much the spokesman to the community, and I saw yesterday a Scott Manley video where he said something like that, that he had gone to work in something else.
Maybe he's just focused on the development side and hasn't got time for their sitcoms.

Whiran

Magister
Because I haven't seen him in a long time, he was pretty much the spokesman to the community, and I saw yesterday a Scott Manley video where he said something like that, that he had gone to work in something else.
Maybe he's just focused on the development side and hasn't got time for their sitcoms.
I decided to check and see. It turns out that you are good! He is indeed gone.

Here is his post about leaving the project:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/197558/dateline-wingman-update

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
New update about the project reveals some stuff about the multi-crew system:
My conclusion is that it is too ambitious and will fail to deliver. It is almost a game on its own, but they have to implement it next to the million other promises.

Next, stretchgoal about pets was reached. Great, this is another important part of a spacesim.

Also:
The goal of this summit has been to sync up the rest of studios with the incredibly talented team at Foundry 42 for the major push to release the first chapter of Squadron 42 towards the back half of next year.
What? They will release Squadron 42 in chapters? Oh, the butthurt will be glorious.

Bradylama

Arcane
Next, stretchgoal about pets was reached. Great, this is another important part of a spacesim.

:nocountryforshitposters:

At least they've got their priorities in order.

Releasing Squadron 42 in chapters is also better than releasing it five years from now. :troll:

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, the pet shit is retarded.

it is. Though i think for 1mln$ it is steal for them just to buy some asset of cat from someone and put him in ship somewhere. It is also part of the reason why they will be able to finish game. Such streach goals are common to SC as it adds money but it doesn't add much to dev time.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
No, I'm going to sell off the rest of my ships other than the Constellation Phoenix, which is my initial pledge package ship.

Selling them on the grey market is a massive pain in the ass that requires a lot of communication with a lot of people (especially since I prefer to choose buyers who are willing to use PayPal family gifting, which cannot be reversed), and between work, the holidays, and my grandmother being in the hospital, I can't be bothered at the moment.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Now that the Gladiator is actually implemented in-game, I like the look of it a lot more.

http://imgur.com/gallery/56MwY

fJr1gBq.jpg

Disgruntled

Savant
My second ship, foundry 42 did not disappoint. I cant wait to try loading into the cockpit with an oculous.:kingcomrade:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So when is the release? Because the only thing i'm hearing is who bought at what price a space ship that is in Chris Roberts mind.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm actually planning to upgrade my system specifically for this game, so it better not suck ass.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's cute how you think Codex negativity is still cute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom