Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you have way better shields/guns than your target, it may be profitable to "joust". That is, instead of turning to meet your target, fly past them, flip 180 degrees and boost towards them while firing all guns. Switch flight assist off for faster turning and point towards your target. Be sure to use thrust up/down/left/right while flying towards your target to avoid killing yourself by smacking into them like an idiot. If you're extremely confident in your guns and shields, you can do the Battlestar Galactica Flip. That is: Fly past your opponent, flight assist off, flip 180 degrees, reverse thrust. The AI will usually chase you, so this maximizes the time you can fire on them without having to move to aim. If they chicken out (or you need to chicken out), hit boost, set throttle to forward and remember to use vertical thrusters to avoid smacking into them as you zoom past/after them.
How is your throttle set up? From 0% to 100% or from -100% to 100%.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
-100 to +100. It took a little getting used to, since there's only so much lateral movement on my crummy joystick throttle. But it's all good now.

Unrelated: I just realized there's an iFaggotry app for ED. It's pretty cool actually. It allows you to log in to your account and view stuffies from the station you're at. Like market prices. So I can set it to show the market of the station I'm at, fly to another station and then compare to find best profit. :3 (I assume. Hopefully it won't auto-update when I dock somewhere else).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Er... It was in one of the systems 1-2 jumps away from Nahua. Large, industrial, I forget to note down the name.

Also, some guy found a money exploit and ticketed it. But not before he got himself an orca:

Mortmal

Arcane
Explotis are the least of my concerns right now, its impossible to sell exploration data ,the game just crash. Too bad i was expecting this to pay for ship repairs. Right now with the eagle i get interdicted, one shot and immediately all systems disabled , nothing i can do at all unless i am missing a way to reactivate them.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I was able to sell exploration data just fine last night. And you can easily avoid interdictions in your sidewinder. Even if you can't, it's still (somewhat) easy to kill the enemy (in case of harmless/mostly harmless/competent) or GTFO before dying (in case of meeting anacondas). Maybe you just need to git gud. :3

Mortmal

Arcane
Exploration data cause a crash to me all the time now, even moved to empire space to see if it was different, nope. As for interdiction, you can end up with harmless ships, or absolutely deadly ones that will wreck you in a few seconds.But luckily i could use my acquired elite eve online warrior skillz , so i quickly logoffski.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ah yeah. That's the one! Didn't have galaxy map handy at work :3

So I take it this is the (semi) official call for Codexers to start migrating towards Nahua and the Empire of Man? One of the stations (I think it was the ring station in Potapecahuehue or whatever it's called 1 jump from Nahua) even had: "Praise the Emperor" "Bask in his glory" written around the docking port.
:love:

It's close to the empire/fed border and there's a nice concentration of different economies. It'd be a good place to meet up.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Nahua ?Just checked i am at 146LY of that at baldr and its still empire space border.Looking on traffic stats , 2 hauler and 3 eagle crossed the system only. Should be posssible once i upgrade a bit more.

bonescraper

Nahua ?Just checked i am at 146LY of that at baldr and its still empire space border.Looking on traffic stats , 2 hauler and 3 eagle crossed the system only. Should be posssible once i upgrade a bit more.
I bought a Hauler + an upgraded FSD and better thrusters, and i could jump 22ly unloaded. That's how i covered this 150ly distance in a few mins.

Mortmal

Arcane
I bought a Hauler + an upgraded FSD and better thrusters, and i could jump 22ly unloaded. That's how i covered this 150ly distance in a few mins.

Instead of buying an hauler i upgraded the egale to do more bounties, but its not nearly as profitable . Usually i spend half the bounty in ammo , and worse npcs are kill stealing me some time .So 9LY thruster only for now. also i see you can plan your route using the map, but it only target the final destination, is there any way to make it pick intermediary way points instead ?

bonescraper

Instead of buying an hauler i upgraded the egale to do more bounties, but its not nearly as profitable . Usually i spend half the bounty in ammo , and worse npcs are kill stealing me some time . So 9LY thruster only for now.
Well, i just picked up a bounty mission that will reward me with 192,000 cr once i kill a specific target in a nearby system :smug:

also i see you can plan your route using the map, but it only target the final destination, is there any way to make it pick intermediary way points instead ?
Nope. Not yet at least.

bonescraper

You basically have to inspect every USS you find. He probably also can be found flying around the system, so he may interdict you or you may interdict him if you're equipped for it.

bonescraper

Gamma 1.01 is live.

Hi everyone,

Gamma 1.01 is on its way (6PM GMT), with fixes to some of the more pressing issues. Hope you're enjoying playing the Gamma as much as we are (when we get home of course).

Here's the full change log. Enjoy.

- Don't crash when we receive a LoginSuperceded event on login
- Prevent the game from crashing if the basic scan object doesn't exist, if a web request fails
- Prevent crash when cap ship launching fighters, but the fighter is already dead
- Bad system meta data causing disconnect on jumps
- Fix assert when entering Neptune’s ring
- Prevent weapon stream objects crashing when fired from dead ships
- Fix for faction ranks doubling their expected rank in the status panel
- When network startup fails, provide a clean path in final version that present a message box and exits the app cleanly
- Append local machine name to port mapping string in upnp so we don't clean up other people's port mappings on a shared router
- Upnp now uses an infinite lease by default; it's possible to set a finite lease in appconfig if required
- Remove some rare goods from AI load outs
- Ensure that the faction data gatherers for system map are only entered if their preconditions are true
- Fix trading badge not updating on rank increase
- Travel Tutorial now fixed with the Hyperspace binding change
- Fix broken environment map in some stations
- Send telemetry about interdiction
- Cap ship guns should no longer be able to kill other guns (and modules) on the same ship
- Fix some things spamming the message log in multiplayer
- The occurrences of Cox have been renamed to Pippin
- Explorer is now Trail Blazer (Ranks)
- Disallow nebulae from location targets for hyperspace

There are some server-side updates too:

- After strong demand from Commanders, The Revolutionary Party of Cosi are delighted to announce that Zorgon Peterson have agreed to supply the shipyard at Arrhenius Hub with their popular Hauler spacecraft.
- Fixed issue with the launcher not allowing some Gamma eligible players into the game.
- GalNet system news will now correctly show the 5 highest bounties.
- Removed the ability to rename a commander from the support system. This is now done entirely in-game.
- Fixes for duplicate commander names.
- Fixed various starting locations from the commander starter packs.
- Allow commanders to explore more procedurally generated star systems.
- Many minor bug fixes and performance improvements.

Thank you!

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
If a player has a bounty on him, is it tied to the Ship(s) he commited the crime(s) with or the Pilot?

What happens with additional owned assets elsewhere if one gets shot down by bountyhounters?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If a player has a bounty on him, is it tied to the Ship(s) he commited the crime(s) with or the Pilot?

Stays with the pilot, so you can jump out of your hauler and into your Cobra in preparation for the bounty hunters

What happens with additional owned assets elsewhere if one gets shot down by bountyhounters?

No idea. The scurvy dogs never managed to catch me! Arrr!
1sm264pirate.gif

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

Stays with the pilot, so you can jump out of your hauler and into your Cobra in preparation for the bounty hunters

1sm264pirate.gif

Actually the idea was more on the lines of "amass a big bounty in a capable ship, hop into cheap crapfighter, get shot down on purpose to clean the bounty start Loop again"

I may not make as much money as you guys are since I'm not as familiar buuuut... I've nearly got my Cobra and I'm FEELING THE WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS OVERTAKING ME WHILE THE SERVER IS DOWN JESUS CHRIST I NEED TO KILL KILL KILL WHY AREN'T WE KILLING YET?! AAAAARRRRRGGHHHH! BLOOD HAHAHAHA BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Alex_boyd_khorne_berserker.JPG

PS. If I ever get a super huge bounty on my head I'll just let one of you guys claim it because fuck all of that money going to some random dipshit. :P

Mortmal

Arcane
Gamma 1.01 is live.

Hi everyone,

Gamma 1.01 is on its way (6PM GMT), with fixes to some of the more pressing issues. Hope you're enjoying playing the Gamma as much as we are (when we get home of course).

Here's the full change log. Enjoy.

- Don't crash when we receive a LoginSuperceded event on login
- Prevent the game from crashing if the basic scan object doesn't exist, if a web request fails
- Prevent crash when cap ship launching fighters, but the fighter is already dead
- Bad system meta data causing disconnect on jumps
- Fix assert when entering Neptune’s ring
- Prevent weapon stream objects crashing when fired from dead ships
- Fix for faction ranks doubling their expected rank in the status panel
- When network startup fails, provide a clean path in final version that present a message box and exits the app cleanly
- Append local machine name to port mapping string in upnp so we don't clean up other people's port mappings on a shared router
- Upnp now uses an infinite lease by default; it's possible to set a finite lease in appconfig if required
- Remove some rare goods from AI load outs
- Ensure that the faction data gatherers for system map are only entered if their preconditions are true
- Fix trading badge not updating on rank increase
- Travel Tutorial now fixed with the Hyperspace binding change
- Fix broken environment map in some stations
- Send telemetry about interdiction
- Cap ship guns should no longer be able to kill other guns (and modules) on the same ship
- Fix some things spamming the message log in multiplayer
- The occurrences of Cox have been renamed to Pippin
- Explorer is now Trail Blazer (Ranks)
- Disallow nebulae from location targets for hyperspace

There are some server-side updates too:

- After strong demand from Commanders, The Revolutionary Party of Cosi are delighted to announce that Zorgon Peterson have agreed to supply the shipyard at Arrhenius Hub with their popular Hauler spacecraft.
- Fixed issue with the launcher not allowing some Gamma eligible players into the game.
- GalNet system news will now correctly show the 5 highest bounties.
- Removed the ability to rename a commander from the support system. This is now done entirely in-game.
- Fixes for duplicate commander names.
- Fixed various starting locations from the commander starter packs.
- Allow commanders to explore more procedurally generated star systems.
- Many minor bug fixes and performance improvements.

Thank you!
Cant connect, cant even play solo, how surprising...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom