Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Old Blood Bowl season stuff

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
^ validated

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Let it be publically known that Jaedar is a dickhead who doesn't pass a turn when his opponent accidentally ends his before moving a single piece. Every man with honour should now feel obliged to scold him for this blatant display of dickheadry.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So I played against tripjack
ImageMatchReport.aspx

As for not passing the turn when tripjack passed: I feel a bit bad about that, and if blood bowl had an undo button I'd 100% support him using it for that. But BB is serious business and if my opponent makes a mistake I'll offer my condolances and then exploit it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
HEAR YE, HEAR YE, FOR A MATTER OF GREAT FAGGOTRY NEEDS TO BE SETTLED :necro:

Jaedar has just won 2:1 vs Tripjack. But his first goal was a direct consequence of the dickheadry and lack of honour described three posts above. Without that accident turn passing, Jaedar would have never scored his first goal, and the match would have ended as 1:1 (possibly! even 2:1 for tripjack, but that's a different matter).

If this happened to some high-profile faggot, I would have laughed and carried on. But we are talking about Jaedar being so insecure that he had to exploit an honest mistake done by a guy who is new at the game and at the bottom of the rankings.

Which is why I believe the score should be adjusted by The Management to a 1:1 draw. But since we are living in a democratic forum, I shall throw this matter to the dogs The People.

All in favour say YEA! All against say NAY! All undecided can download the replay from BB manager and make a decision.

The court is now adjourned :kfc:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I am a firm believer in not imposing bullshit rules we made up amongst ourselves to compensate for the client's and/or Blood Bowl's shortcomings.

That TripJack passed his turn by mistake is regrettable, and I agree with Jaedar: had there been an undo button I would have supported such a solution. Since there is not, I can hardly see why we should punish one player for another's mistake. I think it's incredibly unfair to look down on Jaedar for spending his alloted turns because his opponent wasted his.

In other words: yes, it sucks that it can't be undone, but hell no I wouldn't just concede one of my own turns due to my opponent's mistake.

True contests are won and lost within a neutral framework of descriptive rules - not with "gentleman's calls" made up along the way. This is doubly true for a volatile and chaotic game such as Blood Bowl.

EDIT: for the record, the exact same thing happened when I played RK, it juat didn't mean anything because I was up 3-0. But that makes no difference for the principle.

So NAY! If the management can adjust scores and results based on the tyranny of the majority then we're not competing at our skill in Blood Bowl, but in our ability to appeal to the unwashed masses :obviously:

EDIT2: I don't understand what TripJack's level of experience has to do with the rules of the game. At all. Either there's a rule that applies to everyone or there's no rule.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am definately with Grunker on this, and have not much to add beyond what he said. However, as for tripjack being new to the game: So what? The game we played was very even, and at that point going "don't worry you made a mistake, I won't make use of it" would be deeply disrespectful in my opinion.

TripJack

Hedonist
You're a peach roxor. However at the time of this retardo dumbfuckery on my part I neither asked nor expected cheddar to skip his turn in kind, so having him penalized now wouldn't sit right with me. And in any case tasteless faggotry like this is business as usual for a filthy elf team, wouldn't you agree? :smug:

Let the Season of Tasteful Shame continue :negative:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
All the more reason to forfeit the next game for me. :smug:

Absalom

We're so far in we're only missing Absalom and desocupado? :incline:
Yeah deso hasn't been online lately. Also,

As for the missed turns, let's be honest with ourselves. Bloodbowl is a game that tries men's souls. The summer fouler and sunshine coach will, in this crisis, shrink from our base instincts; but he that stands by it now deserves the love and thanks of all BB coaches. Butthurt, like all grief, in not all easily obtained; yet we have this consolation with us, that we use fouls "strategically" to "even the odds," that we hold the ball next to the endzone for "proper time management." Heaven knows why we do this, and indeed play bloodbowl at all, it is for Schadenfreude; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as Schadenfreude should not be highly rated. The Management, with the league commissioner-ship to enforce his tyranny, has declared that he has a right but to "BIND us in ALL CASES WHATSOEVER" and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth

Meant to post this after last game but was, ironically, too butthurt to do so :troll:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"I pray that my opponent click on end turn by mistake every single time.
I pray that they forgot to put 3 man on LOS.
I pray that they lost a player when putting on kick setup.
I pray that they fail every roll, no matter how ridiculous it may seem.
I pray they forgot to toggle skills.
I pray they lose so badly they give up and forfeit, giving me double MVP and Cash.
I never wish them good luck.
I wish nothing but misfortune upon my opponents.
If I have been defeated, I am unlucky.
If I have won, I am skilled."
-Sagacious Tzu

Last edited:

desocupado

Magister
I'm just back from travel. I can play my game tomorrow (today actually, 24/11), but I need to sleep and I have classes in the morning.
Absalom, at what time are you available after 14gmt?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hey, I just noticed this league. I remember a few years ago I had huge fun with the Codex league, hope it's going well now too!

[thinking of buying Mordheim early access; will search for threads on that I guess]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This league is actually going suspiciously well. People are playing their matches and the commissioner is validating briskly.

Absalom

I'm just back from travel. I can play my game tomorrow (today actually, 24/11), but I need to sleep and I have classes in the morning.
Absalom, at what time are you available after 14gmt?
Should be online around 14gmt on the dot. Just accept my friends request on steamz and we'll work out the rest

EDIT: Necro vs Gobs game going live now

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Corporate Hell played vs The Screaming Mothers

Game starts with pitch invasion. Then I get some supergood block dice and start KOing both his werewolves, kill a wight (that regens), get a -1 str on a wight (which also regens), foul a ghoul to a -1ma (which doesn't regen :smug: )

After a kill fest in the 1st drive, I score. In the final obligatory bash round of the half, deso fouls one of my saudis, taking him down with a BH. But he also happens to foul it with a flesh golem that gets sent off.

2nd half opens with deso getting a red skull on a block. I manage to get my Kroxigor to cover the ball. Maximum clusterfuck ensues that ends with Deso constantly picking up the ball and getting downed, finally he is left with 5 players on the pitch. I am about to score...

and then connection is lost, I lose a lot of cas spp that my saudis got, and my blodge skink doesn't level up :negative:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Elves vs. Elves done.

I don't think I've ever seen Throw A Rock three times in one game before... much less hitting the same team every time... for a knock-out each time :troll:

3-2 me. I was lucky as fuck and I played worse than I usually do. Less dice rolls go my way and I play like that again, Jaedar will defeat me easily.

Replay.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
though grunky still has plot armor on his elves:rpgcodex:

He killed my star receiver on a foul, re-rolled to MNG :M

Also: I rolled my second double, yay ^^

+ MA on my thrower. Almost went for Strong Arm, but fuck it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom