Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

R4 demo bugs and problems report thread

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Hermon and his men are respawned and if you talk to him it plays the whole scene again where he asks for 1000 gold.
Had this bug too.

For the love of god, I thought it was fixed... Will check with Nick.

EDIT: I can't seem to reproduce it. Which game version are you guys using?

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm using the Steam version, it says I'm up to date. Here's what it says under properties: "Current content BuildID: 392548", is that the version number? I have steam set to keep the programme up to date, so as far as I know that's the most recent version.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The grammar is wrong in the dialogue choices at the monastery if you help the villagers and then force your way into the sacred vaults. When you leave, you're confronted and your dialogue options are grammatically incorrect.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Demonbane achievement doesn't fire if you go into Inferaie and slay the demon. I assume it only fires if you kill the demon at Zamedi (I am going to Zamedi now and seeing if I can achieve that, never done it before). It should probably fire if you kill either one, as they both live in a wizards tower (the top of Inferaie is broken, but it is clearly a wizard's tower). Or, it should be edited to say "kill the demon in Zamedi".

Also... is the right thing really the right thing? I reckon the right thing would be to inform your faction, and only your faction, so that it could secure the location and make use of the magic within.

Also... Legatus achievement possibly didn't fire? I completed all the IG quests and was told by Paullus that I would be taking over at Ganezzar, and that I should use the title "legatus" with Meru (although I technically don't have that title yet).

EDIT: yeh... not going to beat the zamedi demon on this playthrough. He's tough.

EDIT: I paid the people who kill the meru preachers 100 gold, but I didn't get the patriot militia achievement.

EDIT: If you fail the constitution check while awakening the monster, you still get the Great Vengeance and Furious Anger achievement; however, the player character is dead and the player won't actually know what the monster does (if anything).

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
If you get the Amaranthus Extract from the Tower of Zamedi, the Healer won't take it. In this playthrough, I previously told her that the monastery has nothing in it. She should be happy to take it and finish her experiment.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
The shack attached to Domitius Ulpius' home in the Arena district of Maadoran has a missing graphic. It is a bright orange image right now.

EDIT: Players with Lore 4 and above still don't have the option of not putting the power tube into the machine in the Outpost. This means that loremasters hoping to use the glove, or even beeline to the abyss with the mask, are going to have a much tougher time of it.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
If you go into the Abyss and awaken the creature, the game still shows the House Aurelian splash screen discussing the Ordu and what will happen in Maadoran... before indicating on the next screen that the city is destroyed and everybody is dead.

Also, should the lore requirement for awakening the creature be higher? Right now, I think you can do everything with lore 6. That's enough lore to know everything about the zamedi demon and its ring, do everything in inferiae other than blow up the village without killing yourself, and enough to awaken the abyss creature. I'm not sure if there's a point in increasing lore beyond 6.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
If you are crafting a weapon and add "serrated edge", the item description doesn't reflect this and the item graphic doesn't have an icon for it. The price of the weapon does not increase. I don't really know if I'm actually getting a serrated edge weapon; I assume I am not because it has the same sale price and appearance as a non-upgraded weapon.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Also, just for comparison's sake: the poison that Coltan gives you when you save his life is 3 dmg a turn, the poison you can simply buy for a very low price in the slums does 7 dmg a turn.

EDIT: Also, consider changing the effect of impaling with a spear to -1 strength rather than -1 constitution. Hurting the enemies constitution doesn't do anything in a battle other than make him more susceptible to poison and a little worse at blocking. I don't think anybody is going to impale the opponent for purposes of poison, and the small effect on blocking isn't going to do much. Strength will reduce the opponents damage throughout the fight, though, and make him a little less able to use axes and hammers, which I think is more important.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Found a Bug in Maadoran:

If you go into the well and go to Menes body, and then you are too weak to carry the bag out, the game gives you two choices: you'd rather die than lose the bag, or just drop the bag and go. Both options indicate that the player must pass a check, but actually there should only be a check for refusing to drop the bag. If the player decides to just drop the bag and go, the game still does a check and can indicate that you failed, but nothing happens and the player doesn't die or get hurt in any way.

EDIT: Can't get the Inferaie discovery to fire on my character; I'm clicking all the shelves, but I only got Zamedi and the Arch. Am I right in suspecting that there's an intelligence check? I tried with lore 4 and perception 9 but no go, yet I'm pretty sure all my characters have found Inferaie through Saross.

Last edited:

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Not sure if it's a bug.
I played a Praetor. I did everything right for Daratan, even restored the smelting machine. Then I went to Maadoran. I found Domitius, was invited to the palace. I killed the two fake guards who were there to assassinate Gaelius. I responded that I was not Aurelian's enemy but didn't say that I want to serve Gaelius. Now it seems like my quest progression is stuck?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Two bugs

- climbing up Feng's vines when you've returned to Teron sends you outside the map and freezes the game.
- you can use the ghost hand as many times as you like for unlimited SP. Esbenus comments each time whether or not he's alive. I have two ghost hands, this could be the issue.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
If any enemy has been knocked on the ground and you throw an incendiary potion at them (I can't remember the name, sorry), they will immediately get up and move a space at no cost to their AP.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
If you had Cado help you with Mercato's debt, Mercato is just chilling there at the tavern when you get attacked by Linos' guards later. You're also immediately thrown outside of the tavern with no explanation as soon as the guards are dead. You get no SP for the fight or convincing the Imperial Guard to join House Daratan. Seems kind of unfinished.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
If you kill all the soldiers in the Aurelian camp after the barricade has been put up, save, and then reload, you can't remove the barricade. Also, if you leave after killing the initial soldiers, return, leave and return again, the initial soldiers come back but don't fight. The two problems may be related, but I was able to open the barricade after the first time I saved. Here's a copy of the save with the issue.

I had a similar issue once in the basement of the Library of Saross where I saved, reloaded and couldn't trigger finding the hidden doorway. I had 7 perception and had spoken to the prospector so I should have been able to find the door, but I couldn't. I don't know whether saving was the issue, but I think it was.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
If you go to Inferiae, get thrown in the pit, use a grappling hook to climb back up, kill the guards, leave and then return to Inferiae, you cannot leave or go back into the pit.

Edit: If you save and reload, you can leave but you still can't enter the pit because a guard stops you, even though you killed the guards.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
If you give the ring to the demon in Zamedi and ask him to spare your life, one of your dialogue options says that you were sent here by Lord Gaelius even if he didn't send you.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
If you had Cado help you with Mercato's debt, Mercato is just chilling there at the tavern when you get attacked by Linos' guards later. You're also immediately thrown outside of the tavern with no explanation as soon as the guards are dead. You get no SP for the fight or convincing the Imperial Guard to join House Daratan. Seems kind of unfinished.
To add to this, I returned to Teron after killing Linos' guards and being exiled. When I walked through the gate, the same exile scene played out again and I was sent to Maadoran, triggering the Teron ending screen with the consequences of my actions that had already played.

darthaegis

Cipher
In the Mining Outpost, one of the first areas of the game, there's this slight annoyance: the area where you can fast travel back to Teron after you finish the first quest is not visible if your camera is at the lowest ("isometric" point of view). Basically, I was walking around for a while looking for how to get the hell out of there. I just bought the game so I'm not aware if this happens more often.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Pretty critical bug here:

Assassin Guild, Ganezzar, assisting Varro. Killed the legatus, faelun, and now on the third quest.

Varro tells you to go to the AG's burnt out headquarters. Go there.

The only way to go inside is to click a piece of the wall on the side of the building. The game incorrectly labels a piece of the wall "door", but the graphic for the door is on the front of the building.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom