Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I've never given a damn about events.

but i want a better, actually useful companion. i'm sick of the healer, i can't stand him anymore. the skeleton and the scarecrow looked interesting larping-wise too, but 600 mobs chased in 4 days... no way.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I assume you are talking about the new male cleric? Can't stand that annoying prick. Thankfully I still have Sister Miriam on all of my chars except the Whorelock.
That said, all companions are equally useless, aside from the cleric's occasional heal. At lower levels my archer companion did help me, but after only a short while everything dies far too quick for them to matter. As Aarne said: buy a hairy pussy or the annoying glowing bug that flies around your head (ioun stone) to augment your existing stats and just gulp the occasional tasty poshun for healing goodness.
A nice side effect with augment companions: they don't pull adds from running around like a headless chicken. I am looking at you Miriam! :argh:

Vaarna_Aarne

Incidentally, Crush has said that they don't like how Lifesteal is nowadays, and are going to eventually do something about it once they figure out a way that doesn't throw everything into chaos.

Also, Soulbinder looks a lot stronger than the first paragon path. Can't find anything on whether or not Diabolist set bonus is getting "nerfed" (this is inevitable I'd say, since I don't think it's working as intended due to proc madness).

Gerrard

Arcane
Time to go UUUUUNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRR on some dudes
6b6relW.png

Incidentally, Crush has said that they don't like how Lifesteal is nowadays, and are going to eventually do something about it once they figure out a way that doesn't throw everything into chaos.
So we can expect them to make the game completely unplayable, wonderful.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well he did say that they don't have any plans yet or in the near future, but that they'll eventually alter the way Lifesteal works IF they can come up with a way to do it without wrecking everything.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Sigh guess I'll have to wait forever for a spellsword like class. ;_; (Hunter doesn't count because I played ~20 levels and didn't like it lol)

GIB
BLADESNIGGER
NAOW

Vaarna_Aarne

BLADESNIGGER classes are a bit more exotic in DnD tho, so given the license connection they're probably going to be way behind classes like Bard, Paladin, Monk, et al in terms of priority.

eklektyk

Erudite
Time to go UUUUUNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRR on some dudes
6b6relW.png

So we can expect them to make the game completely unplayable, wonderful.

now im slightly jelly of that shiniez ...well back to farming

bloodlover

Arcane
BLADESNIGGER classes are a bit more exotic in DnD tho, so given the license connection they're probably going to be way behind classes like Bard, Paladin, Monk, et al in terms of priority.

Assuming those classes are even going to be implemented any time soon. Having bards would be awesome though.

Vaarna_Aarne

Assuming those classes are even going to be implemented any time soon. Having bards would be awesome though.
Given the previous pattern, my personal guess would be that the next new class comes next spring. Personally I hope they add a third paragon path to existing classes before a new class (though it seems to me a new class is more likely than new paragon paths).

bloodlover

Arcane
Next spring is a loooooong way to go. They should have released more classes at the start so they could focus on adding paragon paths instead. Two classes/year in this game...

Vaarna_Aarne

• Arcane Presence: Now also passively increases your recharge speed by 5/10/15%.
  • Chilling Presence: Damage bonus increased to 2% per stack (per rank) and is doubled on Frozen targets.
  • Chill Strike: This power now activates 40% faster.
  • Entangling Force: This power now activates 40% faster.
  • Repel: This power now activates 40% faster.
  • Ray of Enfeeblement: This power now activates 40% faster.
  • Icy Rays: Targets can now be marked while moving.
  • Icy Rays: The follow up portion of this power now activates 40% faster.
  • Sudden Storm: This power now activates 40% faster.
  • Fanning the Flames: This power now activates 40% faster.
HAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHAAAAA!!!

:flamesaw:

Vaarna_Aarne

Crush said the buff is directed mostly at PvP, where the Wizard's longer wind-up to powers is a notable weakness. I don't think anyone's gonna notice that change in PvE.

The two class feat. changes are also made to two such that used to be p. shit compared to alternatives. Chilling Presence is now a really good alternative to Evocation for example.

bloodlover

Arcane
I am so far behind with this game that I can't even understand buffs and nerfs anymore :negative:

Vaarna_Aarne

Offensive stat boons are the best choice in almost any build. Otherwise, there's a couple of important ones you need to know of to take:

1) Elven Resolve, the +10% stamina regeneration boon at the end of Feywild boon tree
2) Endless Consumption, the life steal improvement boon at the end of Dread Ring boon tree. Clerics take Burning Radiance instead.
3) Winter's Bounty, the AP gain boon at the end of IWD boon tree

i was worried about some heavy diminishing returns i read about.
meh, never mind, i'll larp with the boons too.

Vaarna_Aarne

Thing is, the boons will enable you to free up enchants elsewhere once you hit the 4k Power, 2.5k Crit, 2.5k Rec, 2.5k ArP sweet spot.

The Guardian Fighter has reason to pick Defense stat boons as well tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom