Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian DCC game?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Holy shit I wasn't ready.

But let's get killed!

:flamesaw:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Don Peste, Samuel Stuart can choose two extra languages (he got one from his int modifier, and another one from his lucky sign).

Alchemist

Arcane
Updated my character sheet post with character sketches:
Gylan.png
Ogin.png
Zehal.png
Arbin.png

Siveon

Bot
Sorry for not contributing for a bit, had some stuff to do.

EDIT: [reading comprehension failed]

Last edited:

Alchemist

Arcane
Whoops haha! I should've had him peek through that door first. A moment of silence for our first casualty.... Zehal we hardly knew ye...
Zehal.png

Alchemist

Arcane
Yeah pretty brutal. On the bright side - I don't like playing elves much, so I'm kinda glad he didn't make it. Someone should grab the spyglass though.

Siveon

Bot
It's up for grabs, I'm slightly suicidal with my characters to be quite honest.

nikolokolus

Arcane
I always sort of followed the unwritten rule, that a player's zero-levels poach gear off of each other as they fall, but not another's characters.

Alchemist

Arcane
I always sort of followed the unwritten rule, that a player's zero-levels poach gear off of each other as they fall, but not another's characters.
Yeah that's what my group did when we played DCC - it works for me if that's ok with everyone else.

Siveon

Bot
:lol: I knew attacking those things would do nothing but I couldn't help it.

Alchemist

Arcane
I noticed Zehal's 0-level online roll-up didn't include the number of arrows he had, so I rolled them up now:

1d6=3

As per the occupation table notes on page 23. So he had 3 arrows which Gylan will also take.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Come thinking about it, I was kinda wrong with how I ran that encounter. Should've waited for more people to enter the room and then threw the spears at different targets. That way I'd kill two or three guys rather than overkilling a single zero with two crits. :M

Siveon

Bot
Wait, I can't tell, is there still one scale mail up for grabs?

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
For some odd reasons I can't seem to access invisiblecastle today...

Does DCC have rules for assisting a companion in a skill check? I vaguely remember reading something like that in the book but can't find it now.

Also Deuce Traveler Don Peste Siveon bros y u no reply???

nikolokolus

Arcane
I'm not aware of any rules for assisting. Personally, I usually either drop the DC category one level, or just give a flat +2 bonus to a physical task. Another approach could be changing the skill roll from a 1d10 untrained roll to a 1d20 trained roll (if/when appropriate).

Honestly, it's your call. I'm perfectly fine with whatever your ruling is.

Siveon

Bot
Sorry! Time has gotten the best of me, I'm afraid. :(

I'll try and post more.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Roll your initiative, state your intentions and then let monstrous bat resolve everything.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
^ What he said. But since I've already rolled your init for you, you need not do it again.

Also I'd really appreciate it if you guys also rolled your attack and damage rolls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom