Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Saw Leonard in the Credits. :incline:

Also, are all backers listed in the credits? If so, which names were taken?

Diablo169

Arcane
sea Any details on whats going on with achievements? You can see that they're allocated to the game in the steam client. Are they still being tested?

imweasel

Just arrived at the CotC homebase. Just wanted to say that it is fucking retarded that the best strategy is to take off your armor and run around naked so that you take substantially less damage from their energy weapons.

+M

I am enjoying the game and think it is good (not great, but good), but some of the design decisions rub me in the wrong way.

Zeronet

Learned
Having aesthetically pleasing graphics is not expensive, just look at underrail... Sometimes less is more

Door Kickers has just come out and it instantly made me think, what if they'd just kept Wasteland top down and developed their own art style.

http://static.gog.com/upload/images/2014/10/d10a8555c36797425381d93c7c447293f15ca387.jpg

Is that more expensive than all the assets wasteland 2 had to make?

edit: My main issue with the graphics is some areas, feel like they ran out of money to finish them properly in 3D.

Last edited:

imweasel

Finally finished the game, what an adventure it was.

:fuuyeah:

Some of the design decisions rubbbed me in the wrong way, but it is a good game and I am looking foward to Wasteland 3. :D 75/100

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Those kits ebay resale price just dropped by 70% just at the sight of that picture.

imweasel

emergencykits.com is printed on one of the boxes. Looks like they bought some of the stuff from there.

Diablo169

Arcane
If they turn it into a proper new game plus mode with an increased difficulty and extra battles and rewards fucking A. It probably wont be that though.

LJ40

Cipher
Can't you just import rangers into a new game with an XML editor and 4 copy/pastes? I'm playing right now with my leader and his six-deep harem of hot clones. "Looks promising" sounds like he's overestimating the hell out of the logistics of something we can already do with notepad. They have to add something to new runs or this just sounds stupid.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
They should make saving created characters possible. In ToEE you can create chars and use them later in any new games.

Elthosian

Arcane
They should make saving created characters possible. In ToEE you can create chars and use them later in any new games.

Can't you? IIRC there was an export option in the character creation screen, unless you mean exporting characters after starting the game.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012

Can't you? IIRC there was an export option in the character creation screen, unless you mean exporting characters after starting the game.
I mean your created characters being listed on the right, together with the premade. So New Game -> choose chars created before -> start.

Last edited:
Weasel
Sea, this looking like Roguey thing is damn confusing!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom