Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Let's play SMA!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
The Alliance can be trusted as long as they send you regularly bitches. Else no asses, no trust.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, the bad guy is a slim and shorty fag wearing a mask with pointy ears? Kinda underwhelming
Slim. Short. Wears a mask. Refused to bed wed Asaga in favor of a Muahaha-speech.

It is totally another girl with a Dark and Troubled Past (TM). Just look at that haircut!

Probably romanceable, too.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
01.jpg

02.jpg

bath.jpg
(So good to be back... I never thought I could escape that marriage...if it wasn't for-)
03.jpg

04.jpg

bath.jpg
(So much stuff's happened but the only thing I can think about is the Captain...) C'mon... pull yourself together! Huuu.... this sucks. I'm so hot down there just thinking about it.
:hmmm: Brb, grabbing a beer.
ica.jpg
Hurry up in there! What's taking forever!
bath.jpg
Uwah! H-hang on!
cla.jpg
Oh girls, why don't we all just shower together if you're gonna be so impatient~
ica.jpg
S-shut up! L-like I would ever want to see y-your... check rockets!
bath.jpg
Okay, okay! I'm done!

RK47

Patron
05.jpg
asa.jpg
No! No! This isn't the time for that! You've got a fight to win, Asaga! Come on! You are the hero of justice! For freedom and equality! J-just like the-
rk4.jpg
I didn't come for you, I came for Justice!
asa2.jpg
Uuuuuu.... it's not working.
06.jpg

sol.jpg
You are... the Queen.
asa.jpg
... How long have you been there?
sol3.jpg
The stars give me peace.
asa2.jpg
You know... you don't have to call me queen. Just Asaga is fine.
sol.jpg
I am Sola.
asa.jpg
So, what are you doing here?
sol2.jpg
Reflecting. Far Port was a mighty trade world during my time. Merchants from across the Empire gathered here to engage in commerce and exchange ideas. It was the gateway to the core worlds, where Ryuvian splendor met the exotic cultures of outsiders. And it was the place where I was born. Yet now... it is merely an abandoned world, where civilization has been overtaken by the wilderness.
asa3.jpg
Don't despair! One day, this place will be a bustling port again. Trust me, once we send PACT back to New Eden, Ryuvia will grow again.
sol2.jpg
Our Empire has become weak. Our enemies have stolen our technologies. Our culture has been forgotten.
asa3.jpg
That's why we gotta change. It was our own arrogance which led to our decline. The nobility became too selfish. Sons killed their fathers and brothers betrayed brothers, all for a piece of the Ryuvian dream. In the end, in our fight to own the Empire, we destroyed the very thing we wanted. Once this is all over, we'll make a new Ryuvia, where the leaders act for the good of the people.
sol2.jpg
... The talbur was right to illuminate only for you. I hear you and your musings.
sol3.jpg
You desire the captain to lead by your side?
07.jpg

08.jpg

sol3.jpg
Your face... it is red. Are you unwell?
09.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
01.jpg
rk2.jpg
Hm. All right. Let's have a look at this beaut.
ava3.jpg
Please mind your protocols, Captain.
02.jpg

rk.jpg
Morning, boy.
ava3.jpg
Ugh. At ease, Lt. I am First Officer Ava Crescentia and this man here is Captain Steve. Welcome abaord the Sunrider.
kry.jpg
My pleasure, sir! I have been ordered by Admiral Grey himself to serve as the Alliance liaison officer on board the Sunrider. I look forward to working with you, Captain.
rk.jpg
(Sheesh, what a downer. She's so... boran.) Tell me about yourself, Lt.
kry.jpg
Rank: Lt. First Class. Twenty two years of age. Previous service: Commander of Air Group onboard the Alliance carrier-
rk.jpg
(Yada yada yada yada) That's nice, boy.
ava.jpg
You were an Alliance CAG? Then what are you doing here on the Sunrider?
kry.jpg
I go wherever my duties require me to, ma'am.
rk.jpg
So you pilot a ryder?
kry.jpg
Yes, Captain. I've already arranged to have the Paladin transferred to the Sunrider. You'll find it a fine complement to your current Ryder wing, I am sure.
rk.jpg
Glad to hear. Make yourself at home, Lt.
kry.jpg
Thank you, sir!
rk.jpg
Ava will help you move in. Won't you, Ava?
ava2.jpg
I've already taken the liberty of converting the male quarters to accommodate the growing size of our female crew.
rk3.jpg
Sigh. And that's why I'm happy to be the Captain of this ship.
ava3.jpg
Whatever you say, Captain.
rk3.jpg
Dismissed, you two. (Hmm. Won't hurt to move about, her Ryder's callled Paladin, huh? Maybe she's one of those armored types...)
03.jpg

04.jpg

rk.jpg
(Dafug happened here?)
kry.jpg
Ms. Isisolde, your ryder is in violation of at least 14 different Alliance safety regulations. In its current condition, I cannot allow it to fly with the rest of the squad!
rk.jpg
Hey, you two. What's going on...(So tired of this shit.)
kry.jpg
Captain Shields, I was informing Ms. Isisolde that her ryder is a potential safety hazard to both herself and the crew.
rk.jpg
What's wrong with it? (Aside from the lack of other secondary weapons...)
ica.jpg
Absolutely nothing, Captain. She just has issues with me cutting through the Alliance red tape. So what if I used lighter materials?
kry.jpg
What she fails to point out is that Heratium shatters into a thousand razor sharp fragments when it explodes. Captain, you cannot allow such a danger to exist on your hangar bar. The safety of your pilots is at stake here, all for the ego of one merc. Furthermore, Alliance regulations state that-
ica.jpg
I used Heratium all my life and I never had problems with it! The Solar Congress should have some backbone and let their own people decide what to buy instead of getting bullied by cartel interests!
05.jpg

rk2.jpg
(Man.. what is this shit? I don't think there should be any issue since Icari loves going at it alone.)
rk4.jpg
Uh, boy. Your concerns have been noted. But this is my ship - and we don't follow Alliance protocols here. Icari's freelance and free to do any mods she wishes on her Phoenix. Within reasons, of course.
kry.jpg
Understood, sir. But you will excuse me if I steer clear of the Phoenix while it is doing its burn tests on the hangar floor.
ica.jpg
Tsk... don't come back to me begging me for the mods when the Phoenix leaves your Paladin in the dust during the battle.
kry.jpg
Hmph. Well then, I do believe I have more work to do. May I be dismissed, Captain?
rk.jpg
You're dismissed, boy.
kry.jpg
Sir.
06.jpg

rk.jpg
Man, give her a break, Icari. She's still new to this team. You've seen her Ryder yet?
ica.jpg
Yeah, so what if it's armored and equipped with anti-cap ship railguns? It's too slow to get close enough for an accurate shot.
rk.jpg
Hm. That might be true, I'm gonna have to work on Chigara to get around that. See you around, Icari - and try not to blow the ship.
ica.jpg
Seeya, turbodweeb.

RK47

Patron
07.jpg
ava2.jpg
All done. By the way, I think you should take a look at this.
rk2.jpg
What's this? The Alliance boy? Yawn.
ava2.jpg
I took the liberty of looking a bit deeper into our lieutenant's service records on the Alliance.
rk3.jpg
You're always so cautious. And?
ava2.jpg
Well, I found a slight discrepancy. Her records indicate that she served on the Montesquieu two days before it was officially commissioned. It could have been nothing, but after what happened to Claude, I got Chigara to take another look at it.
rk3.jpg
'After what happened with Claude?' Ava, I didn't know you cared. ^_^
ava3.jpg
Focus for a minute. Chigara found that Lt. Kryska's record had been wiped clean and then rewritten with new data. As far as she can tell, she doesn't even think the Montesquieu is a real ship.
rk.jpg
So what are you saying?
ava.jpg
Captain, this is an ace pilot with a fake profile, serving onboard a ship that doesn't exist. That sounds like somrthing only Alliance Spec Ops would do.
rk.jpg
Kinda expected. Probably a spy planted by the Admiral to keep tabs on us. Doesn't look like the Alliance trusts us yet.
ava2.jpg
Want me to keep an eye on her?
08.jpg

rk.jpg
Yeah, might as well do it. If she does anything suspicious, inform me immediately.
ava2.jpg
Understood, Captain. If she as much as sneezes suspiciously, I'll make a log of it.
rk3.jpg
I can always count on you. I'll be in my office. Cya.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

chi.jpg
Good evening, Captain.
rk.jpg
Hey kids. How are you two doing?
asa3.jpg
Don't you worry about a thing, Captain! Chigara and I will do our best in battle!
rk.jpg
What about you, Chigara? Everything all right?
chi2.jpg
Umm... it's a little hard digesting because I'm so nervous, but I think I'll be okay.
asa.jpg
No, no, Chigara! You gotta eat before a fight or else you're gonna run outta energy! Isn't that right, Captain?
02.jpg

rk3.jpg
Well... it's not just that. If you don't eat proper meals, you might end up with gastric pains and stuff. You should eat up.
chi2.jpg
I'm sorry Captain. I haven't been sleeping well lately, ever since we left Ryuvia.
rk.jpg
Why?
chi.jpg
It was very frightening to meet Arcadius in person... I can still hear his voice ringing in my head when I sleep.
asa3.jpg
Bah! Don't be scared, Chigara! We'll take down that stupid masked tyrant together! I wonder who he is underneath that mask though?
rk2.jpg
You mean Arcadius is just an alias?
asa.jpg
He was the former slave who led the PACT revolt against the New Empire, right? According to my fathers' advisors, the man who claims to be Arcadius now might actually be a different person though.
rk.jpg
That might explain why he looks so young for a leader of a rebellion.
asa.jpg
Captain, why do you suppose he always wears that mask?
03.jpg

rk2.jpg
That's obvious. Hiding his appearance might make it easier for someone else to take up the mantle if he ever falls.
asa.jpg
Hmmm... an immortal leader, huh? I remember the ancient Ryuvian kings poured billions into researching immortality.
rk.jpg
Obviously they didn't succeed. What became of it?
asa2.jpg
Well... the research did lead to some crazy breakthroughs for anti-aging facial creams.
rk3.jpg
That explains why you look like a kid, eh?
asa.jpg
Uuuu... Captain!
rk.jpg
Haha. I kid. No pun intended. You wouldn't happen to have some now, would you? Ava might be interested.
asa2.jpg
Tsk, the last of it were depleted decades ago. Can we talk about something else already?
rk.jpg
Yeah, okay. Hopefully one day we'll tear that mask off that tyrant and find out who's underneath that mask.
asa3.jpg
Yeah! I want to be the one to do that!
rk.jpg
One day, Asaga. One day.

RK47

Patron
04.jpg

rk.jpg
Hey, what are you doing in the hangar? Still calibrating the Liberty for the big day?
chi2.jpg
I was just finishing up.
rk.jpg
So how are things? Still having trouble sleeping?
chi.jpg
I'm sorry. I hope I won't be a burden during the battle.
rk.jpg
That's why I said you should go get some rest, Chigara.
chi.jpg
I'm trying to, Captain. But the Veniczar's voice... I feel like it's ringing in my head. It calls out to me, like a siren's song.
rk2.jpg
(?!) Oi. Relax. You've been under a lot of stress lately. It's not right for a sixteen-year old girl like you to be burdened with all this crazy stuff.
chi2.jpg
A-ah, Captain? I-I'm actually nine-
rk.jpg
Gah! I'm sorry for putting so much on you. *puts hands on Chigara's shoulders* You helped us so much, I can't possibly thank you enough.
chi4.jpg
Ah, uhh... I'm sorry, Captain. I-must sound crazy. Please forget what I just said.
rk.jpg
... I won't. Just tell me what's wrong.
chi.jpg
... I've been... thinking of what happened on Diode lately.
rk.jpg
Your homeworld?
chi.jpg
Yes...
rk.jpg
Let's talk about it. My office?
chi2.jpg
Umm... if it's not too much trouble. I was just finishing up over here.
rk.jpg
Yeah, come. I'll walk you to my office.
05.jpg

chi4.jpg
T-thank you, Captain. *takes a seat at the sofa*
rk3.jpg
Make yourself at home, Chigara. It's kinda cozy in here. Shouldn't take long for you to relax. I guess the Sunrider's pretty cutting edge in more ways than one.
chi2.jpg
Eh-heh...
rk.jpg
Here's your tea.
chi2.jpg
Ah, Captain. You're not having any?
rk.jpg
...Um. No. I don't like tea very much. *cracks a can of beer* anyways, I heard from the reports that nobody made it out of the Diode catastrophe alive. Apparently, they missed out you in the details.
chi.jpg
Yes...
rk.jpg
Tell me more about your homeworld.
06.jpg

chi.jpg
My father was the lead scientist on the Paradox Project. I was actually born on the science station on Diode.
rk3.jpg
The Paradox Project huh? Did they work on many DLCs? Sorry, that was just an inside joke. Go on.
chi.jpg
We were seeking the holy grail of scientific technology: the power to control time.
rk.jpg
Time, huh? *sips can of beer* How?
chi.jpg
Imagine a device which lets you return to the past and redo your life. Or which allowed you to restore yourself after you were killed. Or which even allowed you to remove your enemies before they were even born. Not even the ancient Ryuvians discovered that power, or else they'd still be alive today.
rk2.jpg
Chigara...
chi.jpg
Yes, Captain?
07.jpg

rk4.jpg
A tech like that sounds dangerous, Chigara.
chi4.jpg
But Captain, technology is only as good as the person wielding it. In the right hands, a tech like that could save billions of lives.
rk2.jpg
I don't want to step on your optimism. But - let's put it this way: Suppose such a thing is even possible - how far back are you allowed to go?
chi3.jpg
Captain - with such technology, wars, famine and even human conflict would be rendered meaningless. It could mark a new phase in our existence as species, where we manipulate not three dimensions, but four.
rk.jpg
Mmmm. I'm afraid your appraisal of humanity is far too optimistic, Chigara. So, what happened then?
chi.jpg
Something went wrong. We accidentally opened a black hole in orbit around the planet, destroying our research station and most of Diode in the process. Luckily, I managed to get away on an escape pod. But the rest of the team weren't so lucky. Both of my parents died in the accident. As far as I know, I was the only survivor.
rk.jpg
I'm sorry to hear that. Did they investigate what went wrong?
chi.jpg
None... We had so many safeguards. Something like that was simply theoretically impossible. I-I've rerun computerized tests of what we did thousand of times. Every time, everything worked exactly as it was supposed to. I... I don't have a scentific explanation as to why something so horrible happened... I.. I..
rk.jpg
It wasn't your fault.
chi.jpg
I know. But there's only one possible cause left: sabotage. Someone on our team must have betrayed us.
rk.jpg
Thrashing the entire station seems a bit extreme. What would they stand to gain out of it?
chi.jpg
I- I don't know, Captain. I just wish- they, I've thought about what happened so many times... Our calculations.. they were so perfect, there's no way we...
08.jpg

rk.jpg
I can see you're still haunted by it. I can't ask you to forget about it completely, you may pursue any leads you wish but don't let it take over your life. It'd be such a waste of your talents. You can do so much good with them.
chi2.jpg
Yes Captain... I never want to see the people around me die again. I'll do my best to protect this ship.
rk.jpg
And I will do my best to make sure that promise is never broken. Trust me.
chi2.jpg
Yes, Captain. I'm counting on you.
rk.jpg
And who knows, once the war is over you can start opening that dream bakery you always wanted, right?
chi5.jpg
rk.jpg
She fell asleep? *lowers beer can* Oh well. Problem solved, I guess. *pulls off Miami Heat shirt to cover Chigara* Good night, Chigara. Sweet dreams.
chi5.jpg
Thank you... Captain.
rk.jpg
Computer, dial Mining Union. Sophita Brooks.
sop.jpg
Oh, hello Captain. I hear you're at Far Port, big battle coming up?
rk3.jpg
Sophie, I need something big. Can you have it delivered tomorrow?
sop.jpg
I'm sure we can come to an agreement Captain with the right price...

RK47

Patron
The next day...
01.jpg

chi4.jpg
Ummm... I'm not sure if we're allowed to be here, Asaga...
asa.jpg
This is for the sake of this ship, Chigara!
rk.jpg
Hey, you two. What are you doing on the bridge?
chi4.jpg
E-eah! Captain!
asa.jpg
Oi! Don't break our cover, Captain! We're keeping our eyes on zee spy!
rk.jpg
Are you talking about Lt. Kryska?
asa3.jpg
Who else?!
rk.jpg
Sigh... please don't do anything rash, kiddo.
asa3.jpg
Me? Ohohoho. Nope, nope. Not at all! I might have warned some of the crew who were eating with me in the lounge about the Admiral's mole, but nothing more! Just doing my duty to the ship, Cap'n!
rk.jpg
(Oh man...)
chi5.jpg
Uuu... I'm sorry, Captain. I accidentally let slip to Asaga about the possibly forged service records...
rk.jpg
You two should cut it out. This hiding in plain sight? Not working out, look, Ava is glaring at you from across the bridge, Asaga.
02.jpg

asa2.jpg
Ugh... I'll be in the hangar. Tune up my ryder...
rk.jpg
Yeah, better get going.
asa3.jpg
See you!
chi5.jpg
I'm sorry about this, Captain...
rk.jpg
Eh. That's all right. By the way, how's sleep?
chi4.jpg
A-ah. It was great, Captain! Thanks! I- I think I'll be going now!
rk.jpg
Glad to hear. Wait, before you go. There's a shipment form the Mining Union coming in later today. Can you please receive the package and install it into the Sunrider before the next battle?
chi3.jpg
I'll do my best, Captain.
rk.jpg
Good. I'm counting on you. (Guess it's time for a briefing.)
03.jpg

kry.jpg
Sir. As you know, we have five PACT fleets approaching Far Port. Our mission objective is to hold this planet until our reinforcements arrive.
rk.jpg
ETA?
kry.jpg
The First Fleet is approximately two days out. The Third, Fourth and Sixth will not arrive for another three days.
rk.jpg
With PACT liable to strike at any time, we'll be heavily outgunned. It's a battle we can win head on. What are our options?
ava2.jpg
Far Port may be a tactically pivotal world, but it is largely uninhabited. We could try scattering the Alliance fleet around the planet and pick off the PACT Fleet with hit and run tactics. With minimal risk of civilian casualties, we could draw the battle out until the rest of our ships arrive.
kry.jpg
With all due respect Commander, such a plan involves the risk of the PACT Fleet bypassing us all and warping deeper into populated Alliance space. Alliance command has ordered us all to keep PACT contained at Far Port at all costs.
ava2.jpg
PACT won't be able to warp out an armada of that size easily. And facing a PACT fleet that large with our current forces would be suicide.
rk4.jpg
Hm. Looks like we're quite in a bind...Ava, can you come to my office for a minute?
ava.jpg
Very well, Captain.
04.jpg

rk.jpg
How are you feeling?
ava2.jpg
Hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned? Facing a far superior force with minimal backup and no hope of reinforcements arriving on time, all for a naive schoolboy cause?
rk.jpg
Harsh as always.
ava4.jpg
Feels like one of our old summer vacations all over again.
rk.jpg
...? I thought you had forgotten everything about those days.
ava2.jpg
Not all of it.
rk.jpg
Why didn't you ever respond to my messages after you left?
ava2.jpg
I was busy.
rk.jpg
Huh... I figured as much.
ava2.jpg
Yeah.
rk.jpg
C'mon. (Throw me a bone here.)
ava3.jpg
I moved on. I went to space and you stayed home. It's not like it could have lasted forever.
rk.jpg
Tsk...Senpai. We're in the same ship now. Will you notice me now?
ava2.jpg
rk.jpg
Nothing's set in stone... unless you let it stay that way, Ava.
ava2.jpg
Captain.
rk3.jpg
Yes? (Here we go.)
ava.jpg
I'm still waiting for you to complete that stack of paperwork on your desk.
rk.jpg
Oh. (I missed. Again.)
05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

cla2.jpg
Reviewing your camera footage again?
chi4.jpg
U-uhh...
cla2.jpg
The Captain shows up at about the 61 minute mark! Oo-oh! Right there! There's our man!
chi2.jpg
08.jpg

ica.jpg
Heh. I don't know what you see in that loser, Chigara. He's just a little schoolboy.
chi5.jpg
The Captain's always doing what is best for the crew. But... there's something lonely about him. He must miss his home.
cla2.jpg
Aaah... Maiden's love!
ica.jpg
Hmph! You're not gonna attract him with that kind of innocent charm, girl! We've gotta hook you up with a wild night at the Stardust to turn you into a real woman! Some hard drinks and pumping bass should blow away all that innocence from your head!
chi3.jpg
S-stop it. The Captain's not into that kind of things.
ica.jpg
Heh... you're hopeless.
cla3.jpg
You better make your move fast, Chigara. Or else I'm gonna snatch him away before you...
chi5.jpg
Uuuuuu.....
ica.jpg
What the- Hey! What's that Alliance girl doing in the recording?
chi3.jpg
Eh? I don't remember seeing this part.
ica.jpg
Wait a minute, isn't that-

Elsewhere...

09.jpg

rk2.jpg
Oh. Look. Darth Roxor is starting a new Blood Bowl Codex Tournament. How nice of him. Guess I'll trim my old team to get that 1400 TV requirement down... Hmm... STR6 Ogre has gotta go... then Whitewolf.....oh.. well. Bye, stabby. And.... done.
BB_LE%202014-10-21%2019-05-37-30.jpg

rk.jpg
Well. Back to work I go. Here...lemme see...oh, the Invoice from Mining Union has arrived - hopefully Chigara has handled it-
ica.jpg
Captain, we need you in the hangar!
rk.jpg
(Huh... that was Icari from over the radio.) Icari? What's the matter?
ica.jpg
The Alliance mole's been tampering with our systems! You have to arrest her!
rk.jpg
Shit. Don't do anything rash, I'll be right down!

RK47

Patron
10.jpg

rk.jpg
Mind telling me what's going on?
ica2.jpg
I caught this Alliance mole snooping on the Sunrider's warp core controls. No doubt trying to copy our core schematics into that little data drive she's hiding...
kry.jpg
An unfortunate misunderstanding, Captain. I was merely running a diagnostic on the ship's performance specs so I could formulate our tactical plan for the coming battle.
rk.jpg
Even if that is the case, why didn't you inform us? Chigara, did you see anything?
chi5.jpg
T-the Lieutenant attached some kind of data copier to the console.... I think it might be a hacking attempt into our secure data.
ica2.jpg
See, she's a spy!
rk.jpg
Sigh...
11.jpg

rk.jpg
I know it must be hard on you all to trust one another at the start, but we're all on the same side here. While this breach is a cause for alarm, we've still got a bigger threat lurking out there. The PACT Fleet will be here any minute. So please, try to get along. We'll deal with this once the battle is over.
ica2.jpg
But Captain! She's Alliance Black Ops! For all we know, she might slit our throats while we're sleeping!
kry.jpg
For the record, the Alliance does not have a Black Ops.
ica2.jpg
Bullshit. What kind of self-respecting military does NOT have a Black Ops!?
rk.jpg
Hey, chill. Weren't you the one who was always saying we needed the Alliance on our side if we're going to win the war?
ica2.jpg
I-I... Arrghhhh!

A klaxon suddenly sounds throughout the ship.

RK47

Patron
VHxctStuNduqk.gif

12.jpg

rk4.jpg
Chigara, is the Warp 2.0 still operable?
chi3.jpg
Yes, Captain. I'm ready with my trajectory calculations. Just say the word.
14.jpg

rk4.jpg
Ava. Threat assessment.
13.jpg

ava.jpg
A screen of seven ryders, four Cruisers and two PACT Carriers. Amongst the Ryders are three Bomber-class. Alliance Cruiser, Arcanum and Torment are backing us up. Recommend we deal with the Carriers quickly before they deploy more Ryders, sir.
rk4.jpg
Ava, is the QT-package installed?
ava.jpg
Quantum Torpedoes are armed and loaded.
rk3.jpg
Time to take this to the next level. Sunrider, prepare for Short-Range Warp.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

fon.jpg
Shall we assist?
arc.jpg
Yes, Fontana. We shall.
02.jpg

rk.jpg
What's the status of the enemy command fleet?
ava.jpg
We've taken down most of the command ships, but Cullen's flagship still remains!
rk.jpg
Damn, we're out of Quantum Torpedoes! Can we do a quick warp and end it all with a Vanguard Cannon?
ava.jpg
It's possible, but- w-wait! Energy spike detected! It's the Legion!
rk.jpg
Evasive maneuvers!
03.jpg

rk4.jpg
Shit!
04.jpg

05.jpg

rk.jpg
Casualty report!
ava.jpg
Hercules Squad has been annihilated! Taylor Squad is down to three cruisers! Two of PACT's own vessels were caught in the blast and vaporized as well!
rk.jpg
Arcadius... you insane son of a bitch. Fine! Let's double down! Merge Taylor squad with Arturia squad! Instruct the fleet to move closer to the PACT vessels! No more free kills for the Legion! We'll make them take down twice of its own when they fire on us!
ava.jpg
Sir!
cul.jpg
Cease your struggling, whelps!
rk4.jpg
What's wrong, Cullen? Surprised that you're the only big ship left at the front? Guess what? I'm gonna park my ship right on your face and call Arcadius to blast us both out of the skies!
06.jpg

rk4.jpg
Let's do this!
cul.jpg
Prepare to fire the quantum torpedo! Target: Sunrider!
ava.jpg
Captain! A warhead at that distance-
07.jpg

08.jpg

cul.jpg
Heh! What do you expect to do with those tiny lasers, girl?
rk.jpg
Asaga! Don't do anything rash! Get out of the way before the Legion fires again!
ava.jpg
The Black Jack has undone its safety limiters!
chi3.jpg
Asaga!!
asa3.jpg
Don't...mess...
09.jpg

rk.jpg
!? (Those eyes! Just like Sola's!)
10.jpg

asa3.jpg
This is for Ryuvia!!!
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

ava.jpg
Confirmed hit! The enemy's flagship is down!
rk.jpg
Outstanding! Report on the enemy fleet movements!
ava.jpg
The enemy is still attacking! Our fleet has taken severe casualties and is down to 33%!
rk.jpg
We've done all we could! Ava, order the fleet to scatter!
ava.jpg
Aye, Captain!
14.jpg

ica.jpg
Didn't think I'd ever end up like this, fighting some stupid war alongside the likes of you!
ava.jpg
Multiple warp signatures, coming from Alliance territories!
15.jpg

grey.jpg
I commend you for holding out this long, Captain.
rk3.jpg
Tsk. It was nothing, Grey. We saved some for you.
grey.jpg
Hahah, now, behold the power of the Emerald Fleet!
16.jpg

grey.jpg
Show these reds what happens when you cross the Alliance!
17.jpg

fon.jpg
The First Fleet has arrived with 200 fresh ships. Our spies indicate that more reinforcements are en route. Shall I commit the Legion to the battle?
arc.jpg
No. The battle no longer favors us. Order our forces to fall back.
fon.jpg
Understood, my dear leader.
arc.jpg
... This loss... is irrelevant.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg
rk3.jpg
Nice work, kid! That better not be just a one-off powers!
01a.jpg

rk3.jpg
Good work, Sola. you too, Chigara.
chi.jpg
That was too close, Captain. I thought the Sunrider's Hull almost gave way back then.
ava3.jpg
Seriously, it was only the first battle... it's too soon to celebrate yet.
rk3.jpg
Kind of hard to take that seriously when you're grinning from ear to ear, eh, Ava?
ava4.jpg
W-wha? I-I'm not...
02.jpg

ica.jpg
Hmph...well, I guess you're not that bad of a shot! Just call me Icari from now, alright? I don't like ranks or titles in front of my name.
kry.jpg
Of course.
rk3.jpg
Nice to see you two get along for a change.
kry.jpg
Captain, I apologize for my actions, sir. I expect to be escorted by Commander Crescentia to the brig now that the crisis has passed.
rk.jpg
About that... Here's the data you were trying to access. We're going to be a team from now on, so we're going to have to learn to trust each other. Next time you need info, why don't you just ask?
kry.jpg
Sir?
rk3.jpg
We're allies. If we're going to get anything done, it's best to be open with each other.
kry.jpg
Understood sir. I will inform you personally if my superiors wish information in the future.
ica2.jpg
Hmph. Well, this doesn't mean we'll be friends or anything! But I guess we can work together. Just for now!
cla3.jpg
Ufufufu~ looks like someone's blushing...
ica.jpg
S-shut up! This is only so we can beat PACT!
cla.jpg
My, my! Isn't this ship turning into a little love nest!
ica.jpg
SHUT UP! EAAAAHHH!
rk3.jpg
ava4.jpg
Captain? Something wrong?
03.jpg

ava4.jpg
Well, you did say you'd gather allies from across the galaxy.
rk3.jpg
Yeah, I did. I just didn't expect them to be all girls.
cla3.jpg
Ufufu~ you're saying it like that's a bad thing.
rk3.jpg
Haha! Yeah, I'm happy. I really am.
ava3.jpg
Hmph. I'm still waiting for that paperwork to be completed, though.
rk.jpg
Jeez. Fine, I'll get right on it.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg
02.jpg

ava2.jpg
Day by day, the crew's discipline begins to decay. I feel the chains of command dissolving with each day. I can see it in the eyes of the crew. The chances of a rescue are remote. Some of the rowdiest of our crew have even suggested starting a settlement! Here! So far away from the raiment of civilization! I fear it is only a matter of time until we lose all control over the crew and have a mutiny on our hands...
ava.jpg
Until then... I, First Officer Ava Crescentia, will do my best to maintain order! Even if...
03.jpg

ava4.jpg
Gurk..
chi.jpg
Eh-heh... it's still Commander Crescentia, Asaga...
asa.jpg
Eh? But the Captain said no ranks while we're on vacation!
ava4.jpg
No... no...
cla.jpg
Oh my... it seems like they've gotten bigger again!
04.jpg

ava4.jpg
Eeeeehhhh...
ica.jpg
Uuuughh! Put those away!
cla.jpg
Oh my, Are you scared of my... rockets?
05.jpg

ica.jpg
Tsch! What did you say?! I'm sorry, I wouldn't want to make myself so huge that I'm mistakenly mated by a space whale! And I haven't even begun to talk about that monstrosity of a ryder you have!
kry.jpg
How dare you mock the Paladin! Permission to engage, Commander?
ava4.jpg
Eh... ehhhhhhh?
ica.jpg
Come on! Get some!
kry.jpg
Mercenary scum! Eaaaaah!
ica.jpg
Ha! Too slow! As usual!
cla.jpg
Oh my, Chigara... you've still got much catching on to do until you can compete with me.
chi.jpg
Uuu... the Captain's not interested in those things!
ava4.jpg
...Errrghhh...
asa.jpg
Hey Ava! So is it true that you made out with the Captain while you were in junior high?
ava4.jpg
W-what?????
ica.jpg
SPEED!
kry.jpg
ARMOR!
ava4.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg

A few hours earlier...

08.jpg

rk3.jpg
Your protest is noted, but ultimately rejected. :smug:
ava.jpg
Captain! Our victory at Far Port was only made possible through constant vigilance! We cannot afford to let our guard down merely because we have won the first battle of the war. PACT's fleets are still vast and mighty. Cullen was a mere fool. Arcadius isn't. PACT will return!
rk2.jpg
Ava... out of all the people on board this ship, you need a break the most. When was the last time you did something fun?
ava4.jpg
F-fun?
rk.jpg
Yeah. You know... carefree... irresponsible fun?
ava4.jpg
U-uh... but the paperwork...
rk.jpg
It can wait lah. Buy yourself a swimsuit (Fu-fu-fu...slurp), get some drinks, make some mistakes. That's an order.
ava4.jpg
... Absolutely unbelievable.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

02.jpg

asa.jpg
Eh, what do you mean?
kry.jpg
In the Alliance, regulations prohibit both sexes to serve in the same vessel. So I came from a ship where my subordinates and superior officers were all female.
chi.jpg
Ehhh... I never knew the Alliance did things that way.
kry.jpg
Such measures were adopted to enforce discipline.
cla.jpg
Does it work?
kry.jpg
Heh. Somewhat.
asa.jpg
Anyways, I can't believe this resort station! It's so awesome!
kry.jpg
The Lydia's one of the biggest resort space stations in Alliance space. With over 100 acres of beach and forest, it's the ideal place for a vacation! Just another one of the Alliance's cutting edge technologies!
ica.jpg
Hey, the Commander's been gone for a long time. You don't suppose she finally cracked? Maybe she's hiding inside a cove somewhere, pretending to give orders to a bunch of hermit crabs...
03.jpg

rk3.jpg
Hi girls, we're back with the BBQ Grill :3
ica.jpg
W-wow.
asa.jpg
W-who's that babe with you Captain?!
chi.jpg
Uuuu.... I just can't win them.
rk3.jpg
Ah, just someone I know in high school. Pretty isn't she?
ava.jpg
Attention all hands. It has come to my attention that the Captain wishes to see us rested up for the battles to come. While it is my desire to run a tight ship... sometimes exceptions must be made for the good of the crew.
ica.jpg
Uwah... it's really her.
rk.jpg
Lighten up a bit, would ya?
ava.jpg
AHEM. LET'S CRACK OPEN THIS BOTTLE ALREADY AND GET THIS OVER WITH!
asa.jpg
Ooooahhh!!
04.jpg

rk2.jpg
Eh.. I should chat up with Ava. Maybe she's loosened up a bit...
05.jpg

rk.jpg
I see you've brought some booze. How's it taste?
ava.jpg
The crew's been calling these Vanguard Shots. 'Melts through the armor of any Cruiser' they say. Want some?
rk2.jpg
Uhh... Sure. *takes a swig*
ava.jpg
As powerful as advertised?
rk3.jpg
Normally, I'd say it tastes like the Sunrider's coolant. But being on the beach with pretty girls in swimsuits makes everything better.
ava.jpg
Hmph. We shouldn't be here...
rk.jpg
Not again, senpai... Look, our crew isn't exactly military material. A reckless freelancer, two kids, and a nympho disqualified medical professional... Only you and that boy is actually fit for military service. So I gotta play it loose a bit.
ava.jpg
You have a point. You know, you've grown since those days. You're becoming quite a leader.
rk.jpg
Well, I learned from the best.
ava.jpg
No. I'm afraid I was never cut out to be a Captain. I haven't changed as much as you have. You remember those days? All the members of the student council left me, one by one. On day one, we had over a dozen members. But week after week, people disappeared - people who were enthusiastic and had ideas when they first joined. I think I never had much capacity to inspire others, I'm afraid.
rk.jpg
Well, you still had me. I stayed till you graduated. (For entirely different reasons, of course.)
ava.jpg
Yes. Yes you did.
rk.jpg
(Come on, Senpai~) I really liked working under you, you know...

Ava poured another shot and swigged it down.

rk2.jpg
(She's a tough woman...) Sigh.
ava.jpg
Who's that girl you used to have a crush on back in those days?
rk.jpg
Eh?
ava.jpg
She was the only thing you talked about during our second year.
rk2.jpg
I... uh, I have no idea whom you could be referring to.
ava.jpg
Alice was she? Or Hana? The one with golden hair.
rk.jpg
O-oh! Right. Hana. (Haha, another one of those made up stories I gave her)
ava.jpg
How'd that end up after I left?
rk.jpg
... ... I uh.. I don't want to talk about it.
ava.jpg
Ha hah. What's the matter? She broke your heart?
rk.jpg
(More like didn't exist...)
ava.jpg
Funny, you blew past those two PACT Carriers like they weren't even there - now you're all flustered and tight-lipped over an adolescent romance. I'm almost ashamed to look at you.
rk.jpg
(Uuugh..) Senpai, you're drunk...
ava.jpg
I know you, Steve. You always did have a weak spot for cute little things...
rk.jpg
Hnnnghhh...w-what the fuck, Ava?
ava.jpg
And I'm not just referring to the anime you have set as your desktop background.
rk.jpg
Oh for fuck's sake, Ava. That's kid stuff...
ava.jpg
Hmph. Well, go chat with the rest of the girls. I'm off to the bathroom.
rk.jpg
(Goddamit, that went totally the wrong direction! DAMN!) Hey, Icari! Boy! What's up?
06.jpg

rk.jpg
What are you two arguing about here?
ica.jpg
Oh nothing, the soldier boy and I were just comparing our kill counts from the last battle. Turns out she only took down a measly six kills! Hah!
kry.jpg
Except three of those ships were carriers containing over a hundred ryders! So if you count all the ryders which were destroyed inside the ships, I got over 300!
ica.jpg
Heh, so now you've taken up wrecking poor defenseless ryders sleeping inside their motherships, huh?
rk3.jpg
Ladies... c'mon now. You both did very well during the battle. There's no need to fight. But really, you saw what the Sunrider did, right? *makes hand motions* Whoosh! Short Range Warp! Quantum Torpedoes, point blank! Two down! Warp again! Zooom! Vanguard Cannon! Blammmo! Three dead ryders and three badly damaged Cruisers. Now wasn't that awesome or what?
07.jpg

kry.jpg
This is a comparison between two ryders' performance, Captain. Putting the Sunrider on equal footing with a ryder's battlefield contribution? How unfair!
ica.jpg
Yeah. Buzz off, turbodweeb. We're having a good discussion here till you stepped in.
rk.jpg
Uhhhh, okay. (...so much hate.) Maybe I should approach the lonely ones...
08.jpg

rk.jpg
Wow. I never knew you had such talent, Sola.
sol.jpg
... Captain. You give too much credit. My hands are merely steadier than most.
rk.jpg
So...what are you making?
sol.jpg
The imperial palace at Far Port.
rk2.jpg
(Whee.) Nice.
sol.jpg
During my time, Far Port was a bustling trade world. It was where I was born.
rk.jpg
Oh? You weren't born on Ryuvia Prime?
sol.jpg
No. I... rarely spent time at the Palace, but I still remember it vividly. I remember being swept away with wonder upon seeing the palace for the first time. It was a feeling which I will remember for the rest of my life.
rk.jpg
(For the first time??? Hey wait a second...) Sola, you're not actually a princes of Ryuvia, are you?
sol.jpg
Ah?
rk.jpg
As I recall, when we first met, the talbur did not glow for you - but Asaga.
sol.jpg
... It is as you say.
rk.jpg
(!!!) Then who are you really?
sol.jpg
Ahaha.
rk.jpg
(I didn't expect her to laugh it off.)
sol.jpg
You ask such silly questions, Captain. I am Sola.
rk.jpg
(Ehhhhh... it was a serious question.) I won't ask if you won't answer.
sol.jpg
...Captain, the galaxy of mine was a different place. A sad place.
rk.jpg
(Tsk. I'm not trying to depress you...) Hey. Try this.
sol.jpg
Hm?
rk.jpg
It's a sesame ball. A popular food on Cera.
sol.jpg
A ball?
rk.jpg
It's crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Also, it has red bean paste as its filling.
sol.jpg
The merchants often carried exotic foods at the bazaar... And yet, I have never heard of this sesame ball... Perhaps I could give it a try...
rk.jpg
Well? Is it good?
sol.jpg
Mmm...
rk.jpg
Come join us at the mess hall more often. Don't eat at the corner by yourself anymore. You're part of the team now, Sola. Doesn't matter who you are, or what timeline you're from.
sol.jpg
Captain. You are... kind. But now I must go back. To my castle.
rk3.jpg
Okay. Have fun! I'll be grilling dinner soon, be sure to drop by the grill later, okay?
sol.jpg
Mm.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

02.jpg

rk.jpg
I don't go to the beach often in Cera, but I remember when I was still young and the whole family head to the beach together.
ava.jpg
Captain, please don't get overly sentimental. I do not wish to have to blame the onions if you are seen by the crew crying.
rk.jpg
Uh... no, I wasn't gonna cry. Really. So, anyways, what made you change your mind?
ava.jpg
Captain?
rk2.jpg
You know, the whole going to the beach, leaving behind your paperwork, dressing up like... *gulp* that.
ava.jpg
I fulfill your orders to the letter.
rk3.jpg
(...the images flooding in right now...) So it would appear. But is that the only reason?
ava.jpg
... Perhaps a little break every now and then isn't so bad. I don't remember ever going to the beach with family. I'm afraid such frivolities are lost in my family.
rk.jpg
Not even once?
ava.jpg
I do not recall.
rk.jpg
But... we went together one summer when you were sixteen.
ava.jpg
Oh please, like I had time for that when I was sixteen.
rk3.jpg
Well, you kinda did and you kinda didn't. You brought a stack of paperwork with you and tried to do it on the beach. Obviously, that didn't go so well.
ava.jpg
You're making this up.
rk3.jpg
Nope, really. It was a student council team building trip. I remember only because I was the one who organized it. You really don't remember? There was this one chick in the team who just wouldn't shut up. She'd be texting with one hand without even looking at the screen and yapping about something totally different at the same time. I never figured out how she did that.
ava.jpg
Reminds me of a certain someone.
rk.jpg
Tsk. Can't be me. I'm not really into mobile stuff. Oh, did you recall this one girl who must have worn the same hair ribbon every day. I swear, couldn't she at least change the color? Every day, that same damned red ribbon. I wonder if she even washed it. I had to sit behind for a month and couldn't see anything except for the red ribbon.
ava.jpg
Ah. That girl. One of your crushes. You must have liked staring at that ribbon all day instead of learning anything during classes.
rk.jpg
You remember her? How she'd always start spinning her hair in her fingers whenever she was nervous?
ava.jpg
No. Only you would remember a detail like that, Captain...sniff.
rk2.jpg
Really takes me back though... Uh... Ava, what's wrong? Yo-you're crying?
04.jpg

rk.jpg
Uh... really?
ava.jpg
Try it yourself.
rk4.jpg
Ho-holy shit! *rubs eyes* Fuck! This is why I don't cook at home!
ava.jpg
Permission to be excused?
rk.jpg
Yeah! Granted, and get me an ice pack too while you're at it!

RK47

Patron
05.jpg
asa.jpg
Wow, they can even simulate the wind! Oh, look... it's the Captain!
06.jpg

rk.jpg
... Steve-sense... tingling...
07.jpg

asa.jpg
W-whoa!
chi.jpg
E-eh? Claude?
cla.jpg
Guess what?
chi.jpg
W-what?
cla.jpg
This is your perfect opportunity to tell the Captain how you feel!
chi.jpg
Eeeeh! That's supposed to be a secret!
cla.jpg
But girl, who know~ Maybe this hot weather's getting to him, and he'll want to blow off some steam with you.
chi.jpg
N-no way! I'm not going to-
cla.jpg
Oh, you're not? GREAT! Then I guess it's all right if I take him all for myself!
chi.jpg
Noooo!
cla.jpg
Mmmm, you better make your move quickly then~
08.jpg

ica.jpg
It's not a big deal, Chigara. Just tell him how you feel!
chi.jpg
B-but what if he doesn't like me?
ica.jpg
Oh come on! It's not like it's the end of the world. There are better guys out there.
chi.jpg
B-but I only want ..
ica.jpg
Argh, you're so hopeless...
asa.jpg
(Whoa, they're really talking about the Captain...I better not get involved...)
ica.jpg
Hey, hero girl! Help me talk some sense into your friend here!
asa.jpg
(Oh noes...) M-me?
ica.jpg
Duh! Tell her to confess dammit, this is just stupid! You've already been through war in space, Chigara! What's there to be scared about? If you don't do it now, you might regret it someday. Are you gonna let the Captain walk out of your life without knowing how you feel?
ica.jpg
Oi! Hero girl! C'mon show some camaraderie for fuck's sake! She's your best friend, isn't she?!
09.jpg

asa.jpg
Yeah, Chigara! You can do this! I believe in you!
10.jpg

chi.jpg
Aaaaaaaaaahhhh! (Oh no! I remembered!) *hyperventilates*
asa.jpg
(What's going on?) Chigara, you turned pale!
ica.jpg
Good going, retard! You broke her!
asa.jpg
Chigara, hang on!

Asaga splashed some water on Chigara's head.

chi.jpg
Uuu---
asa.jpg
Hey, are you okay?
chi.jpg
Yes, I.. I'm fine. I - I'll do it.
11.jpg

*POW*

ica.jpg
Fuck off you slut! All right! We'll just have to lure the Commander away from him.
cla.jpg
Uuuuughhhh...
ica.jpg
Hey, Boob Rockets! Come with me! We need to plan for tonight!
asa.jpg
Y-yayyy..? Isn't that great, Chigara?
12.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom