Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #81: Dragonfall Director's Cut Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Mike McCain; Shadowrun Returns; Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Well, after four dev diaries and a bit of hype, the Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut is officially released. Those of you who already owned the original Dragonfall DLC have actually already had access to it since this morning. For everybody else, it's now available for sale on Steam and GOG, for the price of $15. Here's the Kickstarter update announcing the release:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut (our bigger, better and STAND ALONE release of Dragonfall) is now available!

For all of you existing Dragonfall DLC owners and Shadowrun Returns Backers, the Director’s Cut should now automagically* be present in your Steam, GoG or Humble library. You’ve been great supporters to our small studio and you’ve already bought the game once - we didn’t think you should have to buy it a second time. So here’s the latest and greatest version of the game for free. You guys rock!

Only one small request in return: If you like the game, please tell all your RPG-playing friends about it! And share the trailer! This is our biggest Shadowrun game yet, and we think that makes it the definitive Shadowrun RPG experience on PCs. It’s the perfect opportunity for existing fans and newcomers alike to get in on the action. The Director’s Cut (Windows/Mac/Linux) is available on Steam, GoG, and Humble for $14.99.

Lastly, since I have a public platform for it right now: A HUGE, huge thank you to the rest of the Shadowrun dev team here, both past and present. I know each one of you has put a ton of passion, time, and talent into this game and it’s really paid off. I’ve never been more proud of our work, and of our contribution to the world of Shadowrun. And... we’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: Thank YOU, backers and fans, for your continued and constructive feedback, for always helping us get the word out, and for making the last two years of Shadowrun development possible. It's been an amazing experience and a wild ride.

From everyone here at Harebrained Schemes, we hope you enjoy Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut!

-- Mike “The Director” McCain
I've tried the game out, and it's pretty much what you'd expect. The new combat UI is very nice. I hope this does well enough for them - releasing a day ahead of Wasteland 2 probably wasn't the best of ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diablo169

Arcane
I wish them well, but as Infinitron said, releasing this just a day ahead of Wasteland was probably not the best idea.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wish them well, but as Infinitron said, releasing this just a day ahead of Wasteland was probably not the best idea.

Well, they can compete on price ($15 vs $40), so that's something.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
These guys really love shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to marketing, don't they?
It's a shame, I want them to earn a lot of money and make more Shadowrun games.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does it says "director's cut" on the main title window? I've launched the game on steam and it says nowhere that what I am playing is the director's cut version

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Does it says "director's cut" on the main title window? I've launched the game on steam and it says nowhere that what I am playing is the director's cut version

For me it is a separate installation from SRR. My Dragonfall installation was changed to Dragonfall: Director's Cut.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

himmy

Arcane
I just finished playing the DLC this morning, but at least now I have a greater incentive to replay it in the near future.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
that was a pretty quick turnaround between announce and release, wasn't it? or is my sense of time all boozed up. that happens. whatever, I never finished Dragonfall, so something to fuck around with for a bit until they unlock Wasteland. Maybe I should go grab it on my iPad just to throw formatphobes the finger.

Aww, it's not on mobile til October.

KreNich

Novice
Now I only have to change all the combating NPCs AI to "Boss" and their corpses to "stay after death" and the game will be perfect.

crawlkill

I just played the first mission. The ogre in the gallery room did not mind being shot repeatedly. I was apparently at long enough range that his being slowly perforated didn't bother him. He just passed every turn, doing absolutely nothing, after I'd taken out his entire team without a scratch by running back a few rooms and setting up the most obvious ambush in the world, without even using overwatch. Sliiightly unimpressed.

CWagner

Augur
I just played the first mission. The ogre in the gallery room did not mind being shot repeatedly. I was apparently at long enough range that his being slowly perforated didn't bother him. He just passed every turn, doing absolutely nothing, after I'd taken out his entire team without a scratch by running back a few rooms and setting up the most obvious ambush in the world, without even using overwatch. Sliiightly unimpressed.

Sounds like a bug. Usually he's just like every other char, does a bit of damage by shooting at whatever is around, and would die soon after if he didn't flee. The fight was pretty much the same as it was pre-DC for me.

crawlkill

Sounds like a bug. Usually he's just like every other char, does a bit of damage by shooting at whatever is around, and would die soon after if he didn't flee. The fight was pretty much the same as it was pre-DC for me.

Yeah, it was pretty clearly a bug. I played the encounter a couple times and only encountered this behavior once. I think it might've been because I was firing at such long range that my default hit chance was 0%, only above that because of buffs.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Neverwinter Nights all over again. The OC was too bland for anybody to bother trying the good expansion(s). They need to do a KickStarter for a second expansion to bring life back to their franchise. Alternatively, find a publisher and do a dedicated sequel using mostly the same technology while expanding it into a real cRPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom