Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LucasArts Released: Grim Fandango remake... for PS4, Vita and PC.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's still a remake.

Eagerly awaiting the first interviews about the streamlining and shit. I have zero hope this surpasses the original. Zero.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's still a remake.

Eagerly awaiting the first interviews about the streamlining and shit. I have zero hope this surpasses the original. Zero.
It doesn't have to surpass the original. Sharper graphics and a more comfortable interface is enough for me, the other aspects of the game will remain the same anyway. And at least the game will be available comercially, because right now you can only buy used copies on ebay (inb4 why don't I pirate it).

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's still a remake.

I think the hope is less for it to surpass the original, than for it to simply be the same as the original with slightly better character models. If they do that, there's not much to complain about. If they change anything else, then fuck them.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
The soundtrack for Grim Fandango will be re-recorded with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, the same orchestra that did the music for Broken Age. It’s one of the only aspects of the game that will be completely overhauled.
So which of those lucky professionals get to play the kazoo?

Not that I see the point in changing or re-recording the music, it's excellent as it is.

Starwars

Arcane
What the fuck would they choose to re-record the *music* of all things? The original soundtrack is perfect. It's not "aged" or bad in any way. But nope, *that's* what we're gonna do redo for the remake.
:rage:

Ugh... Stupid stupid stupid.

m_s0

Arcane
What the fuck would they choose to re-record the *music* of all things? The original soundtrack is perfect. It's not "aged" or bad in any way. But nope, *that's* what we're gonna do redo for the remake.

They said they're keeping the original assets if anyone wants to play the game that way. So presumably that would include the soundtrack, right? At least I hope so.

Damn, all that LucasArts archive stuff looks sexy as hell. Would love to get ahold of at least all the concept art.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Is it a new soundtrack, or just a old one with higher quality?

Edit: it says RE-RECORDED, so it will be the same music just a fresh recording. No need to bitch about it.

m_s0

Arcane
The fact that they're talking about preservation and things like keeping the original aspect ratio bodes quite well for this project, I'd say.

However, if their intention is to preserve the game without including the original soundtrack, regardless of how poor its sound quality might be... that'd be pretty good reason to get pissed. No indication of that so far, though. Let's wait and see.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron

Honestly, of all the things they could have done, re-recording the soundtrack strikes me as one of the most innocuous. As long as it's not a heavily changed soundtrack, at least. I DO NOT LIKE CHANGE.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All these remakes... trying to tempt me into buying a PS4.. but my years have taught me wisdom.

I will wait until all these remakes are released and their popamole nature will be revealed to all. Then I will spend the money I saved from not buying a PS4 on more important things like comic books or cards.

Divinity: Original Sin
All these remakes... trying to tempt me into buying a PS4.. but my years have taught me wisdom.

I will wait until all these remakes are released and their popamole nature will be revealed to all. Then I will spend the money I saved from not buying a PS4 on more important things like comic books or cards.

and it will be ported to PC eventually.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron

Pretty sure it's already been announced for PC.

Divinity: Original Sin

Pretty sure it's already been announced for PC.

It is, but it will be released on PS4 first. PC will come after sometime due to exclusivity deals.

Starwars

Arcane

Edit: it says RE-RECORDED, so it will be the same music just a fresh recording. No need to bitch about it.

It's the fact that they're obviously putting resources into re-doing something that *really* does not need re-doing. But the awful tank controls? Yeah, we're not gonna change *that*.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron

It's the fact that they're obviously putting resources into re-doing something that *really* does not need re-doing. But the awful tank controls? Yeah, we're not gonna change *that*.
Well, if you want to play GF without tank controls it is simple enough.

m_s0

Arcane

:retarded:

What the hell are you on about? They're incorporating point and click controls. At least watch the video before bitching. They physically brought in the guy who modded in the fucking point and click controls. They're porting it to everything, including tablets, I bet, of course they're going to add a control scheme that works with that platform.

Starwars

Arcane
Awww shit, I just saw this quote n the article above: "Schafer also was insistent that the game’s awkward-by-modern-standards tank controls return. “They were very popular at the time,” Schafer said, and followed up saying that the tank controls are for the elite players. “That’s how it is meant to be played.” Just skimmed the rest of it.

If there's point and click then it's all gewd son.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom