Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Karma so fun. I'm yet to play a really serious game with her (4v5, mysterious surrender, trollage), but she feels a lot like Lux back in a day, perhaps a little easier, although it's yet to be determined.

She has damage,speed buff, cc, heal, shield, versatility, it's like whatever the situation, she has the ability to make a play of some kind. She's also very forgiving. Will play more.

Renegen

Arcane
GhostCrawler (current Lead Designer, previous lead on WoW and Age of Empires) hates melee champions, news at eleven.
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4718644

The guy's been hanging out on the forums and making a lot of really weird replies, he's been engaging less in community outreach and more in shallow PR speak. Compared to Morello he comes off as more awkward and harder to read, I have a feeling he's going to leave his mark on the game! Probably not for the best.

Erzherzog

Magister
I am throughly enjoying this Xerath mid meta. It's like when I played Lux but with better waveclear. That same high when you snipe someone from far out. One game a roamed top and missed all my fucking skillshots so the enemy mocked me, I did it again and got him without him even seeing me with my Q. My favrotie though was a game with a my coworkers, we did an early invade and the enemy Xin barely escaped with about 100 health, got to his bottom tower and started taunting in all chat. Got him with my Q offmap. People always hide in the exact same spot at towers. Just behind it.

Besides that I just feel I have too much damage potential at my fingertips and I can melt carries from a safe distance even easier than Lux. I love her utility but quite frankly at lower level play I'm better off practicing my ass off to carry and using champions that I can carry harder with.

At the same time my champion pool has FINALLY gotten to a point where I'm able to play all lanes with skill, but I still love my play as Karma and Morgana support the most and the current meta makes that feel so good.

And fuck Ghostcrawler. Doesn't even pretend to care about player opinions. We have to play the game he wants us to play.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
You should try Braum, he's still on the OP side and at your elo he'll pratically never get banned and usually supports are last pick so you'll be able to secure it often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKCdI5BwFvU

Nidalee is just too tanky
fucking lost my shit with the "pulling a scarra" XD
also, im so desapointed at the new aatrox skin, i was kinda hoping for a really cool transformers thing, instead i got this plastic action toy thingy.
BrgeOlZCcAABX0C.jpg:large

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Doesnt really affect me that much anyway. I can still ping, and you get like 5 messages you can type and they refresh over time. No /all chat tho.
But I only got 14 games ban, people were talking about getting 100-200 games restrictions. I'm not that toxic, worst thing I'll say to someone is to stop being retarded or call em out for game losing plays.

Cadmus

Arcane
toxic...what a fuckery
guys have you seen the new teaser movie or wtf
I cringed in embarrassment. Any time there was one of the waifus on screen I had to cover my face.

I'm entertaining thought of getting back into this though I'm not looking forward to spending hundreds of hours on learning this game again. Any good comprehensive guides for new players?

Renegen

Arcane
...and I was going to make a post that I proudly bought the skin. The sword has cool laser sounds at least, like lightsabers.

Next champion is announced, Gnar. Finally a top laner / jungler!
http://promo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/gnar/
What's your gender?
Ha, why male like everyone here! Even if they say they're a woman.

I'm entertaining thought of getting back into this though I'm not looking forward to spending hundreds of hours on learning this game again. Any good comprehensive guides for new players?
The level 1 - 30 is a grind, probably the best thing you can do if you want to improve fast is to level with some higher skilled friends. Besides that, a lot of getting better is improving your laning and game knowledge, that only comes through play. Guides and streams are cool, watch a game of the matchup you're up against and do EXACTLY the same thing.

Develop OCD then do this lame last shotting thing, develop retard management sikills and the ability to ignore anything said to you, recognize what's overpowered and play it or counter it. Figure out what strategy even means in this game then see how it applies to like 10% of games because usually everybody just does their own thing, it's like in Minecraft, one guy builds a desert village, another builds a minced meat tower up the skies right next to the village and one just TNT mines everything.

I am level 30 (and for whatever reason I have like 1500 RP I'm pretty sure I didn't buy). The thing is I played this game seriously when "Seasons" and "Ranked" weren't even a thing yet. Looking at my game history last I played at all was over year ago, few games against bots to figure out how much stuff has changed, check out new items etc. . Essentially I don't know what like half of the champions do, nvm balance patches and reworks. Tho I suppose I could just play normal games and don't give a fuck if I lose.

Cadmus

Arcane
do that, the bots are for faggots imo
whenever Im returning to the game I just jump in and fuck up until i at least remember the new stuff, but I dont bother with ranked anyway so I suck so dont listen to me

Renegen

Arcane
The game isn't too hard, if you can fuck up the other guy in lane you've got 50% of soloque covered. That has nothing to do with meta and who's op, what to build and so forth, more general lane knowledge.

So I played a game as support Sona (since it's easiest thing to play and its on rotation), had no fucking idea what I'm doing, spent half the time browsing through shop looking for something useful to buy (btw I love new support items, like that ruby stone or whatever with free wards and that golden orb with move speed active and gold gain for other peoples last hits, also extra item slot for consumables, very nice), hit wrong keys all the time, wasted ult like 3 times, had to look at keyboard to look for flash key etc. Still went like 6/5/1X (granted my team was better than theirs, can't claim I carried or anything). Dat ELO decay. Though I didn't expect to have jungler, adc with me in bottom lane and AP mid, back in the olden days scrubs weren't this organised. Must be all those twitch streams.

Hahaha a ranged, seven abilities resourceless Yordle top laner with % health damage and mobility. It's good to hate your playerbase.

EDIT : 150 range, so that's something.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom