Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Play By Email - Game Complete!

KCR

Literate
How do you do you brofist a post?

KCR

Literate
Lets all pretend I brofist'd your previous message KoolNoodles.

KCR

Literate
Are there any water nations that get to recruit whales? Or troops that use whales as steeds?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Are there any water nations that get to recruit whales? Or troops that use whales as steeds?

Not as far as I know. Shark Knights, Asp Turtles (and their cute Undead version, Leviathans) and maybe Monster Fishes. No whales. Plus Malakal was kinda right, most underwater Nations are not quite competitive - maybe only Atlantis and R'lyeh, and not even in all ages-. But for SP amusement, Pelagia and Oceania offer a lot of weird UW troops.

By the way, about Underwater Friends:

Report7_zps0af1020d.png

Atlantean tax collectors are harsh, man. Why, Bogarus, why? We could have settled this in a peaceful and civilized way!

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Imo water nations take too long to arrive at fielding worthwhile troops, Atlantis has maybe one of the strongest mages in the game but you can't really do anything with them for the first 30ish turns. Summon Monster Fish is awesome.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Are you guys using the "free" slot in this game? I read that you can use not very legit version of the game as long as you dont have identical keys.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Are you guys using the "free" slot in this game? I read that you can use not very legit version of the game as long as you dont have identical keys.

I would doubt it's patched up far enough either way?

Its the latest version - 4.07C.

In that case I would assume it works, though it's easy enough to find out. The DRM mainly checks cd key violations in various forms. If the game sees something fishy, it will just not process your turn orders, and won't mess with the rest of the game. I remember in Dom3, if you had an illegitimate copy, it would just do weird stuff like getting rid of your UI after a couple turns, and such.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Man is already dead. One province left, two fortresses sieged.

The situation has become crazy, with wars everywhere. North, Ragha is fighting for survival against Lemuria and Midgard.

South, C'tis has proven a treacherous lizard a smart player and betrayed Atlantis, conquering some border regions while his main army was occupied with Bogarus. Abysia is ending the conquest of Man.

But we have a first! Do you know what happens when the entire army of a realm, strong in faith, with magic support and with his God in direct command encounter a bunch of angry iceclad frogs?

Godkill_zps8f64f0e8.png

The God dies. And his army gets destroyed :incline:.

Horrible losses on my side, I'm truly rusty with mah battle scripting. Good job nonetheless Bogarus :salute:, you had me terrified for a moment. Freakin' Sulphur Haze.

[\spoiler]

EDIT: Nah, he did not have good equipment. And he has still provinces and a Fortress left.

Last edited:

Mraston

Learned
I hope my avatar doesn't bring on episodes of post traumatic stress disorder in Bogarus.

KCR

Literate
It would pretty funny if C'tis and Lemuria had a race on who could cast Burden of Time first.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Arent Ctis researchers actually alive? Not sure if casting it would benefit them much.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
It would actually be quite dumb for C'tis to cast BoT. Their best mage(though slow to recruit) is already quite old, and many of their mages/commanders are right on the cusp of old age, something Burden of Time would take advantage of in a half a year.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Do lizards get nightvision? Maybe that utterdark or something spell would be better as far as really fucking up the world is concerned.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Do lizards get nightvision? Maybe that utterdark or something spell would be better as far as really fucking up the world is concerned.

No, as far as I remember. That would be suicidal in any case.

For once, Atlantis has nightvision and a good age before getting old (500). It's good to be the Master Race sometimes.

Plus, due to their position, If C'tis casts some bad global it would be over in five turns at best. C'tis is at the center of the map, you see...five or six borders.

Lemuria can and probably will cast some "FUCK THE WORLD" spells sooner or later. They can afford it. And they have a great position for defense.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ah right, bad positioning, if he truly is in the centre of the world he definitely shouldnt do any strange moves. Speaking of which can we get a map with some things in paint like borders?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom