Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Played some last night, mainly messing around with builds until i decided... why not have every build in the same character!

So cheaters here you go, a handy guide to creating your Übermensch:

You need 2 things before you can max out your character: 1. Cheat Engine 2. Character with 2 levels at least of unspent points/
attributes

1. So start with installing cheat engine, start the game and then start cheat engine and pointing it to your game process (EoCApp.exe).
2. In the search options choose "Value Type = Grouped" and then press generate groupscan command
3. In the groupscan window you have to add three 4 byte values - one for Stat points, one for ability points and one for talent points... These will correspond to your available points, so for example "4:1 4:2 4:0" would mean your character has 1 stat point, 2 ability points and 0 perks. Click ok when your done.
4. Press "First scan".
5. Alt-Tab to the game, spend 1 point from stat, abilities or perks, and press the apply button.
6. Alt-Tab back to cheat engine and update your search string accordingly, for example if you spent 1 Ability point, the search string will be: 4:1 4:1 4:0
7. Press Next Scan...
8. Repeat the steps until you are left with 3 addresses.
9. Double click each
address so they are added to the bottom pane of cheat engine and become editable.
10. Edit all addresses for the value of points you want, say 999 stat points, 999 ability points, 999 perks. Dont worry if the first address you change reset back, just go to the second and third and change it until all are the same.
11. Repeat the process for other characters if you like.

Reviews like that are commonplace, I got killed by Goblin shaman this is the worst game ever, etc. It's identical to when FNV was first released.
Ya I went out the north gate, I just wanted to explore the world a bit, find some loot and get some exp you know? thats what I usually like to do in RPGs before doing the main quests. Now I know to expect brick walls and a lack of exploration.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Morons that think open world = I can go anywhere I want without challenge are not new, hell I'm pretty sure I've encountered some of those retards here.

The only piece of ill designed content for me was the
grave digging, I don't think having that kind of savescumming death is good design, funny though.

Anyway if that guy is trolling then he's really dedicated to being a faggot, putting days worth of hours into games like Fallout 3 and Reckoning.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Its possible if you are careful to kill the orcs or whatever that are 3-4 levels above you. You just have to think for a moment and plan for a bit and yay! done!
Yes there are some hard fights but its fun!

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
(McD. tune) Na na nanna naaaaaah! I'm liking it.

A lot. I am really enjoying the way they implemented turn-based combat.

If black was tsigolohcsy that's :5/5:
If not, funny timing since op finally conceded:

Originally posted by Songbird:
Originally posted by ✓ tsigolohcysP`:

I remember playing Icewind Dale for the first time about 4 years ago. I spent 1 or 2 hours creating characters, then I went out of the village and goblins jumped me. I don't even know what happened, they just killed everyone.

This game in comparison is ♥♥♥♥ easy, levels just mean more. Your clvl should be similar to the monsterlvl in this game. It is okay if you are 1 lvl below it, but you will quickly realize you are taking alot of damage. You will need a healer for -1 level. On the other hand, if you are 1 level above the enemy they fall like flies.

♥♥♥♥ it i'll try it some more
That reply does raise an interesting question though.. The answer to which I sincerely hope is no, I mean, I guess someone with more experience with the game would know(Not playing due to save issue), but you really don't gain huge advantages between levels really. Because of that, and how op claimed he had uber lower CtH and was taking super high damage, and others said he just needed to be their level.. Is CtH/damage/anything scaled by level in some way?

grotsnik

Arcane
Fuck yooooooooouuuuuu

Evelyn.

And your stun-on-death enslaved cyclops fucking wizard.
And your explode-on-death fire fucking buddies too. AND your habit of casting Blind to force everyone into melee range.
When I fought her in the beta, I won the initiative, stunned her, backstabbed and teleported her into the path of Madora, and she didn't even have a chance to summon her massive posse of terror. I had no idea they could even show up. :mhd:
I'm going to try giving everyone non-Jahar a scroll/super-arrow to lob at the wizard during Turn 1, then see if I can toss him down next to Eve as a finisher and hopefully catch her in the lightning cloud. Then it's only a matter of whittling down the other five buggers.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Yeah uh is there any scaling of any sort in this game? I still remember wasting 20 minutes per zombie in Div 1 because they were high lvl and gave good xp and I could kite them with a bow forever.

This is a real spoiler tho
That fucking hellspawn army, reason I knew Evelyn was the murderer off the bat. Don't remember what I did wrong in that clinic, either other player stealing too much or I just decided to fuck around with the town before /reloading, but she summoned that shit in the clinic and destroyed our party. I thought it was pretty cool, did not see it coming(First building I'd entered at that point.).

Arkeus

Arcane
Yeah uh is there any scaling of any sort in this game? I still remember wasting 20 minutes per zombie in Div 1 because they were high lvl and gave good xp and I could kite them with a bow forever.
The only scaling so far is that it seems vendors adjust their inventory with your level- it probably has a top and down ceiling depending places, though.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The only scaling so far is that it seems vendors adjust their inventory with your level- it probably has a top and down ceiling depending places, though.

The vendors do adjust inventory, so if you dont check back often while you level, you can miss out on certain skill books.

CWagner

Augur
The game doesn't like single opponents. And it doesn't like giving you the ability to kite. So many ranged abilities that stop you from moving away. Also Zombies like getting healed.

My impression after only a few hours. I started getting scared of everything and now I have 10 level 8+ weapons for my level 4 chars that I got from sneaking around all those scary enemies.

Should have known to listen to you guys earlier, the game is awesome! :)

ZoddGuts

Augur
So the game peaked at around 12k concurrent players at launch, is that good, bad, okish?

Suppose it's good for a 40 dollar game. Shadowrun Returns peaked at 24K but at half the price of D:OS. D:OS is still number 1 seller on Steam post steam sales so that's a good sign people are showing interest in the game.

Arkeus

Arcane
Suppose it's good for a 40 dollar game. Shadowrun Returns peaked at 24K but at half the price of D:OS. D:OS is still number 1 seller on Steam post steam sales so that's a good sign people are showing interest in the game.
There is also the fact that currently there has been almost no reviews at all from magazines or youtube/lpers personas. When they comes out (and if they are positive) it may really help convince people.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So far the game is good fun, and very easy to get into. It's not a super complicated rpg and the difficulty ramp is very smooth.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This game is making me cry manly tears of joy, my friends.

The incline... it has arrived at last.

Arkeus

Arcane
So, huh, anyone found out how to put markers in the map? i am having a derp moment here.

Astral Rag

Arcane
So, huh, anyone found out how to put markers in the map? i am having a derp moment here.

Open map and double click where you want to place marker :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom