Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prelude To Darkness - v1.7 & v1.8 Download Link (Mediafire)

Shagnak

Shagadelic
I uploaded this for someone at the 'Watch, but thought I better mention here, what with this once being the *official* PtD forum and all.
Anyway, here's a new link for PtD v1.7, just in case (a) people are having probs with v1.8, (b) the old v1.7 links are dead (?).

v1.7 (more stable for some):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfrpzi7zz96o536/PreludeInstall1.7.exe?dl=0

v1.8 (FINAL but may be unstable):
http://www.mediafire.com/?dnetngwnmjj
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jo3zopeo1i9los/Pyrrhic_Tales_Prelude_to_Darkness_v1.8_[final].exe?dl=0

Enjoy! Or not.

(Big thanks to AdolfSatan for the dropbox upload!)

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If only the dude that made it released the source code so that fans could try to fix it...

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cool! I tried to play this game a couple of years ago. It was super cool, but TOO crashy. I checked my archives, and I was playing 1.8. Maybe I can squeeze a full game out of this version, this was some promising shit.

oscar

Arcane
Was enjoying this game quite a lot until I got a crash and lost tons of progress.

oscar

Arcane
Yeah, yeah but the game seemed pretty stable until that point so I thought things would be fine. Lesson learned though.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
Bumpppppp

Loved playing this, although it took me awhile to get used to the combat, camera and interface. Have these guys made any other games?

I've played this for a couple of hours before I realised I was playing 1.5.

I want to restart anyway, should I go for 1.7 or 1.8?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd go for 1.8 and went with 1.7 only if 1.8 is not stable (enough).

Just out of curiosity, version 1.8 was downloaded 2129 times by now from the above link. Looks like the game is still quite popular.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I went with 1.7 in my playthrough ;) Decided to be on the safe side and go with the stable version after all.

Shagnak

Shagadelic

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom