Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland inXile's Wasteland 1 Re-Release

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
We gots Achivmentations for wastelands yet? If not, BOOOOO i'll go back to Black Ops 2 and Diablo III.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.
Goddamn i think i got stuck due to a bug.
In the sleeper base, i cloned one of my rangers with cloning fluid and get back to machine to get another fluid with the jug. All it said is something like how many days do you [Some word here] and i got teleported to one box room with my party. Time does not pass nor can i use skills. Is there any way of getting out of here. Ranger i tried to clone was super highrank soldier i made with gambling exploit, my team were full too if it makes a difference.
Game is great but i'm still to fresh to replay it from the start so if there is a way to salvage it from here it would be great.

Btw, i don't wanna use reset option if i can help it.

Temaperacl

Erudite
Goddamn i think i got stuck due to a bug.
In the sleeper base, i cloned one of my rangers with cloning fluid and get back to machine to get another fluid with the jug. All it said is something like how many days do you [Some word here] and i got teleported to one box room with my party. Time does not pass nor can i use skills. Is there any way of getting out of here. Ranger i tried to clone was super highrank soldier i made with gambling exploit, my team were full too if it makes a difference.
Game is great but i'm still to fresh to replay it from the start so if there is a way to salvage it from here it would be great.

Btw, i don't wanna use reset option if i can help it.
Not sure if I can help, but do you have a screenshot? I never really used the cloning machines, so I don't remember the details off the top of my head, but try breaking the party apart and moving one of in a given direction. Also, you should be able to use the escape key to cause time to pass, even if you can't move. When you say you can't use skills, is it actually preventing you or are none of the skills working when you do try to use them?

Horus

Arcane
m4BydsF.jpg

This is where i'm stuck. Obviously i can't disband my party in one box.(I tried disband my npcs to get down 6 members btw)

NgwILK6.jpg

When i try to use skill like lockpick(or any other skill), i can reach this part but can't choose a diretcion or use them.

Time does not pass either.

Last edited:

imweasel

Your game has been fucked by the clone bug. If you don't have a backup then you have to start over.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That doesn't look like the clone bug to me, at least not the one we had on our fixlist. I'd speculate more likely is something went wrong because of the version difference between the game and your saves, after our update. I really wouldn't know how to recover it, sorry

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Clone bug? I'm assuming that's new because I've played with parties of 6 to 7 clones in vanilla WL and never had issues.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
For anybody here who played this-
Is there a penalty for using short range weapons against long-range targets, and vice-versa? Or is it solely dependent on the character's skill?

Horus

Arcane
Is there a penalty for using short range weapons against long-range targets, and vice-versa? Or is it solely dependent on the character's skill?
There are penalties for using short range weapons on long range(You can't hit shit from a range with pistols) so use melee weapons instead of pistols at the start.
I asked the same question myself and Gregz said there are no penalty for using long range weapon on short range.

Frankly, accuracy will not matter when you start emptying your clips on every enemy group you see.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Melee - up to 14'
Pistols - up to 22'
SMG - up to 30'
Rifles - up to 50 or 60'
Beyond that ... run closer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
- Added soundtrack by Edwin Montgomery
Are we supposed to know who that is?
You do now!

Mentioning him there is primarily a credit where it's due thing. I like people getting proper credits for their contributions, the game industry can be notoriously poor on that front in general.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, I have the manual from the RPG Archive boxset, but having them i-game is way easier.
Also, I cheated a lot reading other paragraphs. :M

Imperator

Scholar
I have a question. The original wastland is a good game? Because i thinking about the buy the game on steam.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I have a question. The original wastland is a good game? Because i thinking about the buy the game on steam.

It is a good game (at least once you get the feel of it; in case that causes trouble to begin with). Go buy it.

Imperator

Scholar

It is a good game (at least once you get the feel of it; in case that causes trouble to begin with). Go buy it.

Can you give some tips whit the character creation?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom