Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Infinity Wars - TCG

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Except his initial cost is 1, and for 10 mana he can swing for 20 damage all by himself the next turn. God forbid you had this as a commander, drop it on turn one, buff the shit out of him, your opponent would prolly be dead before turn 6 for an assassinate. Or if you buff him with other cards. Even Morphling wasn't this good in it's day.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you use him as a commander he'll likely just eat a lightning blast or firebolt before you can buff him up.

Damned Registrations

Why? Only one faction has lightning, and the odds that they have firebolt and initiative to blast you before you buff him are pretty slim. And if you leave him in the commander slot he's not going to get hit by all sorts of battlefield shit either, and you can buff him up the whole time, then dump him into any combat zone for 1 mana while activating some abilities. Even at something modest like 20/20 at the start of the turn he can kill off 5 20/20 enemies himself while still being alive, or swing for 52 damage to the fort if you've cleared the defenders.

What creature would you honestly rather have them him? Anything else that is even remotely close to being this powerful costs 7+ mana, which means if you play it and it gets killed off, you've paid a large opportunity cost. If you play this and it dies right away... you've paid 1 mana. Woo. Mission fucking accomplished. The argument that he's not OP because he can die is stupid. Fucking everything can die.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm just saying he's not op. Mana cost is certainly low, but if you lose a card because the enemy had some AoE effect, it's still a lost card. As commander he also has no purity so you get less good cards to support him with. Also saying he costs 1 mana is a bit foolish, since for 1 mana he does nothing. At 4 mana he's still just a 4/5. He's just not very mana effective(a very good sink lategame though). That coupled with the fact that if enemy has initative, you risk wasting a lot of mana on him getting damage removed.

I'd still probably play him if I had him. As for other creatures... There's the untouchable 10/10 angel, most of the aletas...

I'm Jaedar in game, feel free to add me(goes for everyone).

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Except his initial cost is 1
Sure, his play cost is 1... But he's also completely worthless if you only spend 1 resource on him. And if you invest too much on him, your opponent plays removal and you're fucked.
Anything else that is even remotely close to being this powerful costs 7+ mana, which means if you play it and it gets killed off, you've paid a large opportunity cost.
And what do you get with Alpha One for 7 resource? A fucking blank 12/13. Of course, you can use his 6-resource ability and then he'd actually be good, but the point is you've just spent thirteen resource on a single creature. Which means if your opponent manages to land a removal on him you might as well concede now. Also even if he lives, you'll have to spend another six resource on him next turn if you want to keep him useful.

Not to mention it's hard to even keep him alive for long enough to buff him to 12/13. There're various removals and pseudo-removals that can hit creatures in support (Annihilate, Kidnapper, Fight!, Called Shot, Assassinate...), and even more removals that threatens to kill him as soon as he enters a combat zone. Putting him in command would be even worse, because he dosen't contribute to your deck's purity and can be killed by an early Lightning Blast/Firebolt. And don't tell me that this is rare -- god knows how many Secluded Constructors has died to a turn 1 Lightning Blast.
What creature would you honestly rather have them him?
Uhhh... Too many to count?

If you want an example, how about Immovable? He only costs 5, has Vigilance so your opponent can't target a removal on him before he enters the combat zone, and he pretty much stops any aggression for at least one turn while potentially killing off 3 or 4 enemy creatures. If I wanted to complain about balance, this is the card that I would complain about.
The argument that he's not OP because he can die is stupid. Fucking everything can die.
Yes. And that's precisely why it's a bad idea to invest 10+ resource on a single character that isn't removalproof.

Damned Registrations

You're expecting him to kill of enemy creatures with his massive 5 damage? ROFL. That card is a speed bump at best. It's not killing anything except maybe unbuffed drones that'll rez the very next turn, or those shitty ass 4/2 characters with charge, which are some of the worst in the game, and generally serve only to feed the enemy and make him stronger.

And yeah, wiping out 5 or 6 12/12 creatures for 13 mana without having to mass death your own shit sounds like a good deal to me. Even if he dies the very next turn it'd be to my advantage.

The difference between the two cards is that I don't even have to bother using removal on yours, since it's no threat at all. Unless you spend extra cards or resources on it to buff him up, in which case mine can do more with the benefit.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
You're expecting him to kill of enemy creatures with his massive 5 damage? ROFL. That card is a speed bump at best. It's not killing anything except maybe unbuffed drones that'll rez the very next turn, or those shitty ass 4/2 characters with charge, which are some of the worst in the game, and generally serve only to feed the enemy and make him stronger.
Seven is not five. Lrn2read. And while Immovable is unable to kill some of the larger creatures, he softens them up so that you can kill them with Yuanshi later.
And yeah, wiping out 5 or 6 12/12 creatures for 13 mana without having to mass death your own shit sounds like a good deal to me. Even if he dies the very next turn it'd be to my advantage.
Sure, Alpha One is pretty good if you'd invest a lot of resource on him AND your opponent doesn't have removal. But the same could be said for just about every other expensive creature in the game, and Alpha One has the additional downside of making you pay a truckload of resource every turn to keep him useful.
The difference between the two cards is that I don't even have to bother using removal on yours, since it's no threat at all.
:lol:
I give up. It's evident that you've never even played against a competent aggro deck.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Except his initial cost is 1, and for 10 mana he can swing for 20 damage all by himself the next turn. God forbid you had this as a commander, drop it on turn one, buff the shit out of him, your opponent would prolly be dead before turn 6 for an assassinate. Or if you buff him with other cards. Even Morphling wasn't this good in it's day.
My penis legendary's better than yours.

Princess_Hinekri.png

I only have to spend 5 resources and the more you buff him the stronger he'll be when he joins me.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Yesterday I played a game that lasted more than 30 turns. 3-purity Sleepers vs. 3-purity Verore. It's a bloody mess. Death Rays, Mass Deaths, Annihilates, Desolations and Dark Wishes were flying all over the fucking place. My guys are killed almost as quickly as they're raised. I literally lost over 200 points of morale during the course of the game; my opponent even managed to knock my morale down to 0 once, but Feast on the Dead kept me in the game. I almost managed to kill him off in the midgame, but then stupid Veroria happened and the game dragged on.

Eventually we both ran out of cards in our decks and began taking huge morale damage every turn. I Poisoned both his Aletas (Immortal Traveller and Immortal Sorceress) while keeping my guys in the support zone so that they won't get killed off. I won the game with 1 morale left.

It was glorious.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
DC4DA606B7AC85237611F5847C8F40571B3650BC

This deck is pretty cool. Turn 5 Crescill -> both players discard their entire hands -> Both are now stuck in topdeck mode, but you have 2 30/30 or bigger abominations in command zone. Wish I had some better creatures than demonic disciples though...

Damned Registrations

I wish it weren't basically impossible to get new cards at a decent rate without dumping assloads of cash into the game. The insectoids seemed like they might be fun, but there's no way in hell I could get enough of them to make a deck.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Not that I'll ever get to play it outside bot matches but I just found one of these:

dZffJpp.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Not that I'll ever get to play it outside bot matches but I just found one of these:

dZffJpp.png
I play one of those in my DoD deck as a commander. It's a very good finisher and sometimes people who can't read try to kill it turn 5 or 6.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Ascension preordering will start tomorrow. No discount, but all preordered packs will contain plat cards. Better start farming IP now if you want your platfoil legendary shitty rares:troll:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
All Ascension cards have been implemented and you can now play the campaign of the Overseer (the new angel faction).

After playing through the Overseer campaign, all I can say is... I hope you're not playing 3-purity sleepers. The entire Overseer faction seems to be designed to make Hehkeem the Corrupted decks unplayable.:negative:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Not that I expected torment or anything but the Overseer campaign is stupid beyond belief. Ending by picking a fight with Genesis of all factions, and over curing the virus too. :gumpyhead:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Only had enough money for 2 preorder packs, but I pulled this thing so I'm happy:

qKrRzO0.png

I assume it's one of the new uber cards that each faction gets with a changeable cost (like the omnitron for genesis or the angel chick from the campaign) and my favorite so far.

Also pulled an apparition and another exiles card that looks decent (cost 9, exile 7, turns target into 20/20 demon with flying and unstoppable).

Edit: official resource web site, including all the new ascension cards:

http://www.infinite-network.com/

New agent coyles look decent as does the new aleta. You can zap the verore coyle and have a 20/20 on turn 5. Maybe zap him twice and get it sooner depending on how he evolves.

Last edited:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who had only enough money to order 2 packs...

I got a Junkyard, an Engine of Reincarnation and an Undeath Wish. Junkyard seems pretty good, but EoR and Undeath Wish looks a little underwhelming. Especially Undeath Wish, it's so much worse than Dark Wish.

Tygrugh seems insanely strong. Ultra-Unit, on the other hand, looks like the most useless epic ever.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who had only enough money to order 2 packs...

I got a Junkyard, an Engine of Reincarnation and an Undeath Wish. Junkyard seems pretty good, but EoR and Undeath Wish looks a little underwhelming. Especially Undeath Wish, it's so much worse than Dark Wish.

Tygrugh seems insanely strong though.
I only had enough for 1 pack :M
Got undeath wish. Such a disappointing card.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Well, now that I've thought about it, an Endless Horde deck with 3 Undeath Wishes and 3 Undead Aboms might be pretty good. Too bad that such a deck would be very expensive to build.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
got that too as well as ultra unit and this:
oblivion.png

total suckage since i play warpath mostly.
but i like the new swarmers, looks like a good time to try a swarmer deck, if only i had more of the unlimited ones...

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
I retract my statement about Undeath Wish being underwhelming. It's exactly what pure Sleepers had needed: a battlefield revomal that isn't retardedly overpriced. :incline:

Played a few matches in unranked. 3-purity Sleepers is still pretty viable in Ascension, as long as you're not playing against the Overseers. Building a good pure Sleepers deck is definitely more expensive than before though, since you now have 2 more powerful epics that you want 3 copies of.

In other news:
zGWwnZP.png

FUCK YEAR, NOW I CAN PLAY DRAFTING AT LAST

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Overseers are horribly broke. Lilariah makes them nearly invincible against most decks. The only good deck I have (a 2 verore 1 dod morale killing one) still wrecks them though, and it's far from complete. :smug:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Actually I think 2 CoV/1 DoD morale deck is one of the most powerful decks in the current meta. As far as I know, it's the only deck that can reliably kill Hehkeem Sleepers and Overseer decks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom