Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

T(D?)-Bag

Literate
I also vote for Edwin/Fallen paladins etc.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
While doing the bonus stuff, I've decided to go through with Wish Quest as well, so that one is striked out now. Only MQ and WK remain.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last time on Let's Insane Solo Baldur's Gate 2:

bg2_up44_124.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And we managed to avoid mentioning Twilight at all.

You have mentioned it now.

codex_10.jpg
Crap.

------

Update #45: Clearing The Backlog

bg2_up45_000.jpg

bg2_up45_001.jpg

bg2_up45_002.jpg

bg2_up45_003.jpg

bg2_up45_004.jpg

bg2_up45_005.jpg

How is bow and arrows The Codex' favourite weapon? Doesn't make much sense to me. How is this determined? Mirror Image as favourite spell is also rather questionable.

bg2_up45_006.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Before we do anything else, I'd like to take a moment to clear some bad blood between me and cowled wizards, because I feel we've had some misunderstandings in the past.

Such as?

bg2_up45_007.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Such as them asking me for money to allow me to cast spells in the city? Clearly, it must have been a mistake.

bg2_up45_008.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, about that...

[FourHostileCowledWizardsAppear.jpg]

Sorry, I lost this one, use your imagination.

nishruu.gif
Food!

bg2_up45_009.jpg

Somehow they manage to eventually kill off our Nishruu (Greater Malison, WTF is that?), but not before spending a lot of resources fighting it.

bg2_up45_010.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hey, watch where you cast these!

bg2_up45_011.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Are any of you guys asthmatic?

bg2_up45_012.jpg

The funny thing about dispel magic is that it does not affect clouds, but it does work on many protection spells.

bg2_up45_014.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I hope you weren't using that spine.

bg2_up45_015.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Sometimes you just can't catch a breath.

bg2_up45_016.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Wait for it...

bg2_up45_017.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Freeze!

And one of them actually did.

bg2_up45_018.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Mwahahahaha! Slaughter!

bg2_up45_019.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh, and they even brought gifts. How nice.

bg2_up45_022.jpg

Time to employ services of our good friend Edwin. He is probably the best mage in the game, especially for evil parties. He has 18 INT, 16 CON (mages do not benefit from higher than that) and all other stats at 10 (he could use more DEX, but that can be easily fixed with the gloves). His unique amulet lets him memorize extra spell per level (or was it two spells?), which is quite amazing.

But let us not get distracted here, since he will be helping us very briefly.

bg2_up45_024.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I've spent so much time in the graveyard recently, I think I might be turning into a goth.

bg2_up45_025.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, ok, since we're already here.

bg2_up45_026.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I'm guessing it's this way?

edwin.jpg
:thumbsup:

bg2_up45_027.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Get behind me!

bg2_up45_028.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let me just...

bg2_up45_029.jpg

codex_10.jpg
...Never mind.

edwin.jpg
:smug:

bg2_up45_030.jpg

codex_10.jpg
There's still one another undead to deal with here.

bg2_up45_031.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Correction: there's still a boatload of undead to deal with here.

bg2_up45_032.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I guess I probably should have attacked one of the enemies you were NOT casting a spell at.

edwin.jpg
:stupid:

bg2_up45_033.jpg

We probably do not need any of these spells, but there's no point in saving them too.

bg2_up45_034.jpg

Edwin is a conjurer, which means he cannot cast divination spells (such as Identify or True Sight), but as a combat mage, he has no equal.

bg2_up45_035.jpg

Our heroes make short work of the undead pack.

bg2_up45_039.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I have to admit that party members are not quite as useless as I have always thought.

Let us move on.

bg2_up45_040.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hey, Edwin! I do the talking here, remember that for the future.

bg2_up45_041.jpg

bg2_up45_042.jpg

bg2_up45_043.jpg

bg2_up45_044.jpg

I quite like this dialogue, it is one of the few really well-written ones in the game.

bg2_up45_045.jpg

Not sure if a wyvern can even hurt a lich, but there will not be many other opportunities to cast this spell.

bg2_up45_046.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Now you've made it a no-contest. Good thinking!

bg2_up45_047.jpg

Not sure if the wyvern even managed to hit Nevaziah. Oh well.

bg2_up45_048.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Well, fine, keep it.

bg2_up45_049.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Looks like I got a scroll out of this too.

bg2_up45_050.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And it's time for you to go, Edwin.

bg2_up45_051.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Enjoy your scroll.

To add insult to injury, the wyvern is unsummoned at this very moment.

bg2_up45_052.jpg

Temple district is next on our list.

codex_10.jpg
:decline:

bg2_up45_053.jpg

We start by robbing some temples.

codex_10.jpg
:incline:

bg2_up45_054.jpg

We mostly find crap, but occasionally there is something useful.

bg2_up45_055.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Could you remove yourself from this room? I'm kind of in a middle of something here.

bg2_up45_056.jpg

codex_10.jpg
This is new.

bg2_up45_057.jpg

Mae'var will send you to steal this if play as evil.

bg2_up45_058.jpg

codex_10.jpg
A wand of defeat sarevok. Would be neat if there were any sarevoks in this game.

bg2_up45_059.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What is this place?

The HQ for the paladins in the city.

codex_10.jpg
Ah. I was wondering why I'm hearing YMCA from the inside.

bg2_up45_060.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Look at this! Their floors are literally shining! Ridiculous!

bg2_up45_061.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Magical item? Color me interested.

bg2_up45_062.jpg

bg2_up45_063.jpg

bg2_up45_064.jpg

tl;dr We are supposed to go and ally ourselves with some fallen paladins to see what they are up to and if they are up to no good, whack them.

codex_10.jpg
How does he define 'no good'?

That is left to your consideration.

codex_10.jpg
:smug:

bg2_up45_065.jpg

Sir Ryan told us to seek our newest victims in the bridge district (I cut his final line, in case someone is wondering when he said that).

bg2_up45_066.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Well, this seems like an illegal gathering to me!

Seems to me like you are looking for an excuse to kill everyone here.

codex_10.jpg
Like I would need one.

bg2_up45_067.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'Depredations'? Is that even a real word?

bg2_up45_068.jpg

Rindus seems to have struck a nerve there.

bg2_up45_069.jpg

Smugglers and ex-paladins start fighting each other. None of them are hostile, so we cannot really interfere.

bg2_up45_070.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oops. Totally an accident, honest. I was just trying out my bow and my fingers slipped.

Right.

bg2_up45_071.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Mwahahaha! Slaughter!

bg2_up45_072.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Mwahahaha! SLAUGHTER!

bg2_up45_073.jpg

codex_10.jpg
MWAHAHAHAHA! SLAUGHTER!

bg2_up45_074.jpg

codex_10.jpg
MwaHAHAhAHAhA! I SHALL DRINK YOUR BLOOD AND EAT YOUR INNARDS!

Thanks goodness, this was the last one.

bg2_up45_075.jpg

You do not really have to help fallen paladins against the smugglers, they will do just fine on their own. I also do not think it changes anything, story-wise (sadly).

bg2_up45_076.jpg

codex_10.jpg
That depends. Are you paying?

bg2_up45_077.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Is it some kind of a trophy cup from his college years sports career?

bg2_up45_078.jpg

I am not sure if the 1250 XP gain is for advancing the quest or fighting the smugglers. Would be nice if it was the latter.

bg2_up45_079.jpg

codex_10.jpg
A cup, really? Why not give them something useful, like a sword, or a shield?

bg2_up45_080.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Now I'm tempted to just sell it, just to see the butthurt.

bg2_up45_081.jpg

The cup.

bg2_up45_082.jpg

codex_10.jpg
As I sense incoming street fighting, let's see what cowled wizards think about me casting spells in the city.

bg2_up45_083.jpg

codex_10.jpg
We still have not reached a consensus, it seems.

bg2_up45_084.jpg

We are casting death spell just in case. It is unlikely to work at all, but if it does, it will shorten the fight considerably.

bg2_up45_085.jpg

Some of the cowled wizards are protected from magical weapons. We make sure to kill off the rest first. While we do that, the protection wears off.

bg2_up45_086.jpg

One of the cowled enforcers managed to survive a 58 damage critical hit. Quite a lot HP, for a wizard.

codex_10.jpg
It only postponed his death, for, like, two seconds.

bg2_up45_087.jpg

codex_10.jpg
*chop* *chop*

bg2_up45_088.jpg

No damage so far, we are doing pretty good.

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, this sword is pretty nice.

bg2_up45_089.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And that was the last one.

One of them summoned something, though.

bg2_up45_090.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh yeah, fixed.

bg2_up45_091.jpg

I do not think we have this spell.

bg2_up45_092.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hey, this is actually useful.

bg2_up45_093.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Learned.

bg2_up45_094.jpg

codex_10.jpg
While cowled wizards are rethinking their negotiation strategy, I am free to cast spells, so I will.

bg2_up45_095.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Well, it wasn't THAT hard.

bg2_up45_096.jpg

Anarg's anger management issues come to surface.

bg2_up45_097.jpg

Reynald decides to split, depriving us of getting XP for killing his sorry ass. But at least we Did The Right Thing(TM).

bg2_up45_098.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hey, are you losers using magical weapons, mayhap?

bg2_up45_099.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Didn't think so.

bg2_up45_100.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fuck off!

bg2_up45_101.jpg

Anarg manages to clear all layers of our hero's stone skin before dying, but I do not think this makes him feel any better.

bg2_up45_102.jpg

The loot in this quest is not amazing.

codex_10.jpg
I would call that an understatement.

bg2_up45_103.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I was expecting a +2 halberd at least.

bg2_up45_104.jpg

codex_10.jpg
That's not a 'grim expression'. That's just how I look, you fucktard!

bg2_up45_105.jpg

Hey, a reputation point. I did not know we would get one here. Always nice.

bg2_up45_106.jpg

codex_10.jpg
These gloves are shit, though.

I believe that the +1 halberd drop was quite a hint that this is a lower-level quest.

codex_10.jpg
Still shit.
---

Next time: We will continue to harass cowled wizards, make a wish and try to break the game.

I left out all troll and/or honestly misguided votes for stuff that is contained in this update (or will be in the next one).

1. Watcher's Keep, level 3 {Azira]
2. Watcher's Keep, level 3 {JoKa]
3. Wish Quest Spellhold [Aeschylus]
4. Spellhold [Sodafish]
5. Spellhold [Erebus]
6. Spellhold [Bilgefar]
7. Edwin + Fallen Paladins + Bonus Spellhold [T(D?)-Bag]
8. Spellhold [Desmodus Rotundus]
9. Spellhold [Insane Psychic]
10. Spellhold [garren]
11. Spellhold [Abelian]

EDIT: We shall sail to Spellhold, as per garren's suggestion.

Last edited:

garren

Arcane
Patron
Nice, good to have you back on the main quest, there's been so much faffing around (not that there's any rush). At least all the minor stuff is soon out of the way. Also, not waiting for Edwin to turn into a woman? I think you can just sleep long enough until he deciphers the scroll. For best results, leave him as a woman and don't finish his questline :smug:

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Nice, good to have you back on the main quest, there's been so much faffing around (not that there's any rush). At least all the minor stuff is soon out of the way. Also, not waiting for Edwin to turn into a woman? I think you can just sleep long enough until he deciphers the scroll. For best results, leave him as a woman and don't finish his questline :smug:

Wait, it's possible to turn him back? Never found out how to do so. Even tried cheating-in the cursed belt of gender modification through the console. Instead of granting me the item, the game decided to crash. Every time.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I consider it a bit of a waste of time, but if everyone wants to see Edwina, I can try advancing the time enough to trigger the change.

The roof of the Copper Coronet is my favorite place to perform Cowled Wizard population control. It's atmospheric.

Only if you continue with the quest even further, so that I can see how to change him back.
There's nothing much to it.

It literally amounts to 'wait a rather long time', some guy appears a couple times, and magic happens. Sort of like the fighter stronghold, which I have never finished because fuck that.

I'm not sure if it's based on an in-game timer or a real time one, though. I know both are used for different things.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Seems that I've forgotten to do the Unfinished Business genie flask / mysterious Jafir quest (follow up to circus tent).

I will complete it and include it in the next update, although it will make the update a bit too long for my taste (it's between 110 and 120 screenshots now, will end up around 150 probably), but I guess it can't be helped.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Last time on Let's Insane Solo Baldur's Gate 2:

bg2_up45_101.jpg

Killing paladins and getting away with it: priceless.

------

Update #46: Just For The Sake Of It

Let us take a short break from doing the shitty quests nobody cares about and do something that will end up in our hero dying horribly.

codex_10.jpg
Oh, great.

And we shall begin by casting a new spell.

bg2_up46_000.jpg

codex_10a.jpg
Hey there, fuckers.

codex_10.jpg
What. The. Fuck.

Codex, meet your simulacrum. He's basically a lesser version of yourself. His name is Watch.

codex_10a.jpg
No, it's not.

But that's how we're going to call you. If you don't like it, you can file a complaint.

codex_10a.jpg
I will file a complaint up your ass. It will be attached to the point of this sword.

codex_10.jpg
Heh, heh, I think I might like him.

codex_10a.jpg
Fuck off, faggot.

You know what, naming you Watch really does not fit your attitude. How about Xedoc?

codex_10a.jpg
Whatever.

bg2_up46_001.jpg

We will now try to break the game. Aran Linvail is a key NPC at the moment and talking to him is required to advance the plot. So, what if we killed him? Would we be stuck, with our only option being to reload? Let us see.

Of course, he is quite a tough guy and not so easy to kill. We start by setting some snares around him.

bg2_up46_002.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What are these for?

You will see in a moment. But first, stoneskins.

bg2_up46_003.jpg

codex_10a.jpg
Done.

Stoneskin is the highest-level spell available to Xedoc, as he is only an inferior copy of our hero.

codex_10.jpg
Word.

codex_10a.jpg
Fuck you both!

We could also use Mordekainen's Sword, I think.

bg2_up46_004.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I'm on it.

codex_10a.jpg
Fuck you both.

bg2_up46_005.jpg

And now both our assassins backstab Aran at the same time, which is quite a feat in itself.

Aran should have started expecting something fishy at this point, by the way

bg2_up46_006.jpg

Aran lives through being stabbed in both kidneys at once...

bg2_up46_007.jpg

...but our snares finish the matter immediately.

codex_10.jpg
Well, that was easy.

Yes. However, killing Aran is not the problem here. Surviving it is another matter entirely, though.

codex_10a.jpg
I think we have already survived. He's dead. We're not.

Give it a moment. :smug:

bg2_up46_008.jpg

Aran is worth 17000 experience points, by the way.

bg2_up46_009.jpg

He drops decent gear, but nothing that special.

bg2_up46_010.jpg

bg2_up46_011.jpg

bg2_up46_012.jpg

Time for the hard part.

bg2_up46_013.jpg

Arkanis Gath, aka Failsafe Deathmachine appears after you kill Aran Linvail, or any other important shadow thief, while being allied with them.

bg2_up46_014.jpg

He is almost unkillable, while being able to one-shot everyone himself. The only means of protection against him are becoming immune to magical weapons and/or to death magic (or stuff like Time Stop, but good luck getting it by this point).

bg2_up46_015.jpg

Here is an attempt to kill him with enough damage.

codex_10a.jpg
You shall know death intimately!

Simulacrum seems to be bugged and copies additional abilities 1:1 from the original character, so we are able to use whirlwind with Xedoc. Kind of OP.

bg2_up46_016.jpg

Using whirlwind, we deal 127 damage, but it is not enough.

codex_10a.jpg
The fuck?

bg2_up46_017.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Now, watch how it's done, boy!

bg2_up46_018.jpg

So here is another 110 damage, putting the total at 237.

codex_10.jpg
How much HP does this guy have?!

bg2_up46_019.jpg

Actually, it is futile to try to kill him this way. Arkanis' hit points can never fall below 1, so he will stay at 'almost dead' for as long as he needs to kill your entire party.

Death Count: 209

codex_10.jpg
Can it even be done?

Yes, but it is troublesome and tedious and not really worth it.

codex_10.jpg
So, we're doing it.

We will try.

Here is how Arkanis Gath CAN be killed: by draining his ability scores (or levels). One way is transforming yourself into a mind flayer, using a Limited Wish, and stopping time long enough to drain his intelligence down to zero. Time Stop, as already mentioned above, is unavailable at this point, but you can use another Limited Wish to force the same effect.

Unfortunately, usually, you will not be able to cast 7th level spells yet, so the only way to use Limited Wish is casting it from a scroll. And there is only one such scroll available, although I have read that you can be very lucky and get another one as a random drop.

Of course, Codex is able to cast multiple 7th level spells per day now, so going this route would be perfectly viable. Which is why will not do that.

codex_10.jpg
Well, DUH!

bg2_up46_020.jpg

Instead we will try to drain his Wisdom, using Kachiko's Wakizashi (-2 to Wis after a failed save).

bg2_up46_021.jpg

codex_10a.jpg
I've got a bad feeling about this.

codex_10.jpg
You've just exceeded our Star Wars quote quota, so shut up.

bg2_up46_022.jpg

I am only showing you this screenshot because I consider it hilarious. I would not want to be one of these guards. They must be like 'Holy shit!'.

bg2_up46_023.jpg

Here is Arkanis Gath and two simultaneously initiated whirlwinds.

bg2_up46_024.jpg

Unfortunately, he seems to succeed with the saving throw every time.

codex_10.jpg
Well, fuck.

bg2_up46_025.jpg

There are other ways to get away with this. You can set snares, fire an AOE spell (like a Fireball) at Aran, and run away to the map exit as Arkanis appears (when Aran is killed by the snares, after going hostile), etc. All of this has little point, as the game becomes unwinnable. But yeah, breaking the game is technically possible.

Death Count: 210

Load.

codex_10.jpg
I hope we're done with this inane madness.

We are. Let us go back to our regular madness.

bg2_up46_026.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Butthurt detected.

bg2_up46_027.jpg

bg2_up46_028.jpg

bg2_up46_029.jpg

bg2_up46_030.jpg

bg2_up46_031.jpg

bg2_up46_032.jpg

bg2_up46_033.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What did you guys bring me this time?

bg2_up46_034.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I always wanted one of these! How did you know?

bg2_up46_035.jpg

codex_10.jpg
:thumbsup:

bg2_up46_036.jpg

They also dropped one of these, which is a bow-fired fireball.

codex_10.jpg
Pretty neat.

bg2_up46_037.jpg

We return to the same spot after selling excess loot.

bg2_up46_038.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Already forgot what happened to the last bunch? Talk about short attention span.

bg2_up46_039.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Chill out!

bg2_up46_040.jpg

Quite effective.

bg2_up46_041.jpg

bg2_up46_042.jpg

bg2_up46_043.jpg

bg2_up46_044.jpg

bg2_up46_045.jpg

There is one another guy which I have always wanted to kill.

codex_10.jpg
Not that I am against killing people, but this sounds like trouble.

bg2_up46_046.jpg

codex_10a.jpg
Am I being needed? Can't be a good sign.

bg2_up46_047.jpg

Damn it! Which one of you botched the backstab?!

codex_10a.jpg
It was him.

codex_10.jpg
Was not!

bg2_up46_048.jpg

codex_10a.jpg
Fixed!

Dodged a bullet there (disintegrate) with magic resistance.

bg2_up46_049.jpg

Ribald drops 11 000 gold. And nothing else.

codex_10.jpg
That is awesome and disappointing at the same time.

Of course, we reload at this point. We might need Ribald in the future.

And since we are already here, let us expand our magic arsenal.

bg2_up46_050.jpg

bg2_up46_051.jpg

bg2_up46_052.jpg

bg2_up46_053.jpg

bg2_up46_054.jpg

bg2_up46_055.jpg

codex_10.jpg
What good is an expanded magic arsenal, if I don't persuade cowled wizards to let me use it freely?

bg2_up46_056.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I feel a bit like a suicide bomber doing this.

bg2_up46_057.jpg

Not as effective as Cone of Cold.

bg2_up46_058.jpg

bg2_up46_059.jpg

bg2_up46_060.jpg

bg2_up46_061.jpg

bg2_up46_062.jpg

bg2_up46_063.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Whoa, that was MUCH closer than I feel comfortable with.

You managed.

Ok, it is time to go back to doing the shitty quests nobody cares about.

bg2_up46_064.jpg

After resting in an inn, we finally cast our first Limited Wish.

bg2_up46_065.jpg

The Codex swiftly negotiates a deal.

Note: adventure wish is not available if your wisdom is too high (I am not sure what the threshold is).

bg2_up46_066.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I hope it is not some random message from a Divinity Original Sin backer.

bg2_up46_067.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Captain Dennis, luckily for himself, had the wits to write the name of the receiver of the letter in the letter. If he did not do that, I would have assumed these words were meant for me and would killed captain Dennis in a horrible way for insulting me.

bg2_up46_068.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oooh, serious business!

bg2_up46_069.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let me summon some assistance then.

bg2_up46_070.jpg

Oh, how I love when they do this.

bg2_up46_071.jpg

Zallamora must be holding a serious grudge against that sword.

bg2_up46_072.jpg

codex_10.jpg
You killed my sword, bitch!

I am not sure if Zallamora is a she.

codex_10.jpg
Still a bitch.

bg2_up46_073.jpg

That magic resistance is really working wonders for us.

bg2_up46_074.jpg

It is not 100% reliable, though...

codex_10.jpg
This is actually quite shocking.

bg2_up46_075.jpg

Well, they were not kidding about us feeling the wrath of the highest members of their order.

Death Count: 211

Load-ding-o.

codex_10.jpg
I have decided to actually prepare for this combat, instead of rushing head-first.

bg2_up46_076.jpg

Snares do not count as spells, which should be obvious, but is worth pointing out because video game logic tends to be wonky.

bg2_up46_077.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Cowled enforcer, I summon thee!

bg2_up46_078.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, let's see that.

bg2_up46_079.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I hope you brought Admiral Ackbar with you.

bg2_up46_080.jpg

codex_10.jpg
See, he would have told you it was a trap.

bg2_up46_081.jpg

They actually all died pretty much immediately, which is a much better result than I expected. Seems like I have always underestimated set snare ability.

bg2_up46_082.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let's see...

bg2_up46_083.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Meh.

bg2_up46_084.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Decent.

bg2_up46_085.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Also ok.

bg2_up46_086.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Good thing I'm a fast-reader.

bg2_up46_087.jpg

codex_15.jpg
It's true that self-improvement is a reward in itself.

bg2_up46_088.jpg

Captain Dennis' note mentioned Delosar's Inn, so let us go there.

bg2_up46_089.jpg

We meet Vittorio on the street in front of the entrance.

bg2_up46_090.jpg

bg2_up46_091.jpg

bg2_up46_092.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I can't believe I'm doing this.

bg2_up46_093.jpg

bg2_up46_094.jpg

codex_10.jpg
That's quite an important detail to be left out, wouldn't you say?

bg2_up46_095.jpg

bg2_up46_096.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Why do I always agree to all this inane stuff?

Because it allows you for self-improvement, which is a reward in itself.

codex_10.jpg
Bite me.

bg2_up46_097.jpg

I still don't understand why the only entrance to the sewers is from temple district.

codex_10.jpg
Better not to think about that. Trust me on this one.

bg2_up46_098.jpg

bg2_up46_099.jpg

codex_10.jpg
How does one establish trade relations with trolls? Or don't tell me.

tl;dr: A troll from druid grove area has the gong.

bg2_up46_100.jpg

codex_10.jpg
This quest involves a shitfuckload of walking.

bg2_up46_101.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Let me see you try...

bg2_up46_102.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Maybe this dagger in your back will persuade you to reconsider.

bg2_up46_103.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I love finding common ground with people.

bg2_up46_104.jpg

Here is where the ogre magi lives.

bg2_up46_105.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Monsters in this quest are surprisingly civil.

Maybe that is why this adventure is considered 'unlike any other'.

bg2_up46_106.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Well, I don't have one with me, that's for sure.

bg2_up46_107.jpg

codex_10.jpg
For everyone's sake, that Adratha better had this wand.

She is dead. You killed her a long time ago.

codex_10.jpg
:rage:

bg2_up46_108.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Two days of walking. FFS.

bg2_up46_109.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Good thing that is over, or I swear this wand would have landed in your eye-socket.

bg2_up46_110.jpg

We could have also stole the gong or just killed the ogre, but that would mean not getting the XP shown above.

codex_10.jpg
Still would have been the better option.

bg2_up46_111.jpg

The infamous dong gong.

bg2_up46_112.jpg

bg2_up46_113.jpg

Some more rewards.

bg2_up46_114.jpg

Pretty great weapon for the party's wizard with proficiency in daggers. 2D4+2 damage beats pretty much any slingshot out there.

codex_10.jpg
I am the party's wizard and this weapon sucks donkey balls.

bg2_up46_117.jpg

One more thing to do is dealing with this genie's flask, which we got from some girl after finishing circus tent quest waaaaaaaay back.

bg2_up46_118.jpg

Useless fact: it uses the same image as efreeti bottle.

bg2_up46_119.jpg

The flask is unusable, and we are supposed to give it to someone.

bg2_up46_120.jpg

This someone resides in the Crooked Crane inn. I actually had to check the wiki to learn/remember this.

bg2_up46_121.jpg

codex_10.jpg
'Mwahahaha'? Seriously? Nobody does that.

Uhm...

codex_10.jpg
Nobody.

bg2_up46_122.jpg

The plot thickens.

bg2_up46_123.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Oh no! He's a cat person! Wait, is that bad?

bg2_up46_124.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Five hundred gold? FIVE HUNDRED GOLD?

bg2_up46_125.jpg

codex_10.jpg
This dude is almost too funny to kill him.

bg2_up46_126.jpg

Codex won so fast I have not managed to catch a combat screenshot.

bg2_up46_127.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I hate when they do that!

bg2_up46_128.jpg

The lamp flask is now a usable item, so let us use it.

bg2_up46_129.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I wish I had never wished for that unique adventure. It was such a waste of time.

bg2_up46_130.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I really don't.

bg2_up46_131.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I think he got rather ripped off on that first wish, to be honest.

bg2_up46_132.jpg

codex_10.jpg
:troll:

bg2_up46_133.jpg

This is the most rewarding outcome possible. One another is wishing for Kalah to be resurrected, but hey, he made his choices and he faced the consequences. C&C, bitch.

You can also imprison Kalah's soul forever (pointless) or take the wish for yourself (gives a one-off limited wish, which we do not need any more). That last option is probably why the quest was removed, as it is quite a powerful tool early in the game.

bg2_up46_115.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hey, cowled wizards! Look at me! I'm casting spells on the street! Do you mind?!

bg2_up46_116.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Guess not. :smug:

---

bg2_up46_134.jpg

bg2_up46_135.jpg

bg2_up46_136.jpg

bg2_up46_137.jpg

bg2_up46_138.jpg

bg2_up46_139.jpg

bg2_up46_140.jpg

bg2_up46_141.jpg

bg2_up46_142.jpg
---

Next time: The Codex shall sink himself in the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is Brynnlaw.

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
Huh, I didn't know the cowled enforcers ever stopped appearing. I always just bought the license.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Awesome. And I'm pretty sure the Mindflayer transformation is the only way to kill Arkantis, he'll make every save for other abilities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom