Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Tribute

Arbiter
Well that was horrifying. xA for now, not sure what to go with for the first choice. I kind of want to go see Guo Fu again but I don't see it actually being very useful to our actual goals.

Then again, I don't remember us taking any trips that turned out to be completely pointless.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I must say I love the part where Jing beats him over the head with his own arm. That's a classic and should be our new signature move. Assisted self flagellation for the win, fun, and profit!

Absinthe

Arcane
A>B A

Our clue is the Zhang family. A will have us investigate the Zhang family. C will have us investigate the BDS who just pursued what we already know to be a dead end.

B is cool for meeting Guo Fu and maybe improving rep at Wudang, but it doesn't get us closer to the manual, so I think A is the way to go. Besides, I think in the manual hunt, speed is important. If a lead gets even a little old, odds are it's already been investigated and/or moved, and the risk of interlopers increases.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
I really do want to fix our Wudang rep, though.
That's one of the reasons I don't want to go there right now: we just committed several very public and gruesome murders. Even an amicable guy like Guo Fu would be appalled, so I'd like to give things some time to settle down. Who knows, maybe A or C will give us a chance for some good publicity and make diplomacy with the Eight Sects easier.

Baltika9

Arcane
especially because we lack a trapster, and these guys are likely to have lots of traps in their fortress, if we had someone who could find and disarm traps for us I would go wholeheartedly.
We don't have trapsters, but Jing has 7/9 PER and Cao'er is over 10. We'll be good with traps, don't you worry. And hoestly, I'm not sure if we should destroy them just like that. For instance, we could hire them to train up our Cult's rank-and-file soldiers.

Baltika9

Arcane
We have 2.5 years worth of clean cash in Yuhua Hall waiting for us. Unless the whorehouse was burned down, we're loaded at this point.

Absinthe

Arcane
The Brazilian Slaughter, Jing is no slouch in courtly intrigue, though. And there's no way we can stay away from eunuchs and nobility. We're already connected with Gao Ying, the emperor himself, the Zhang family already dislikes us, and we're involved in the manual hunt which is being watched. We can't stay out of politics that well.

That said, I'm pretty sure Qilin has traps skill. I recall this dialogue about Qilin losing to Nameless (Yunzi) in the tournament: “Well, she was beyond my ability to fight in a proper duel, after my initial trap failed. I underestimated her agility and she was cunning enough not to fall for most of my tricks. That, and the tournament frowns on using snakes in a fight. The girl is good, though if you give me a week to prepare I could probably plan a proper plot to drug her and leave her nicely bound up in your bed. In terms of technical ability, I would put her close to Yifang’s level. What is more problematic, however, is her neigong.”

Treave, can you confirm this? Also, could we see our reputation with the Zhang family, Constables, and Youxia City? And were our bandit kingdom and imperial court reputations unaffected by the trial?

We have 2.5 years worth of clean cash in Yuhua Hall waiting for us. Unless the whorehouse was burned down, we're loaded at this point.
You mean maybe .5 years of cash waiting for us. When we paid off Xiahou Yu's debt, we not only lost all our money but we also gave up the first two years of earnings.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
A selling point in favour of a trip to Wudang is that it's right in the neighbourhood. IIRC, Wudang Mountain is much closer to us than either Chang'an or the Black Dragon Society HQ in Yangzhou. Also, while I know that we've got a fresh lead on the Zhang family, I'd prefer to aid Xuezi for now, as she is a great resource. If we can restore her to her original power, we would gain an ally in a very powerful sect. And I would like a chance to make amends with Guo Fu - not sure if I'd agree with Baltika9 that the incident that occurred in the trial right now would have made things worse with them than they already are.

Oh, and we'll take Yunzi and Armaiti with us. It'll raise some eyebrows, but people will just assume that it's Man Tiger Pig stealing some maidens and not giving a fuck.

BA

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, when is Guo Fu's wife due? Is the kid born yet?

She was due a year or so back, I think?

Treave, can you confirm this? Also, could we see our reputation with the Zhang family, Constables, and Youxia City? And were our bandit kingdom and imperial court reputations unaffected by the trial?

Yeah, Qilin has trap skills, it's just a bit less than her top non-combat skills so I left it unlisted. It's at 6. I should probably have put it in though.

The trial didn't affect your reputation but it did affect Qilin's. Since, well, it was her poison and all. If you had gotten a full confession from Fu Xia revealing everything, which would require that you interrogate him the first chance you get, then there'd be a shift. As things stand, it was rather sloppily concluded. As for the Zhang clan and the constables, you don't need reputation trackers for them.

Kipeci

Arcane
The trial didn't affect your reputation but it did affect Qilin's. Since, well, it was her poison and all.

How did that affect her rep, by the way? I'm assuming it was definitely negative from the guy hulking out and shattering the bones of many of those guys before dissolving and leaving a mess everywhere, but it's also some sort of crazy intense truth serum ridiculousness and that it worked and resulted in a confession so quickly has got to be pushing the bounds of some ridiculous science so some people have got to be marking her down for when she gets this stuff more refined.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, you can't exactly be sure it's a real truth serum yet. It will need some more controlled testing before you can be certain.

Baltika9

Arcane
not sure if I'd agree with Baltika9 that the incident that occurred in the trial right now would have made things worse with them than they already are.
But Esquilax, surely a Huashan panty raid would do wonders for our reputation among the Eight Sects. We would become a true legend among them.

Baltika9

Arcane
But Esquilax, surely a Huashan panty raid would do wonders for our reputation among the Eight Sects. We would become a true legend among them.

The Huashan Panty Raid is a poor man's Brown Wedding.

:negative:
Not if we get laid in the end.
:smug:
Contemplating a B flop. I mean, why would we go to Chang'an right now? We don't have any more pressing issues over there, Commissioner Gordon needs time to sort through his mess, we have no idea if BJ, Yu, Gao or Shun are home and approaching the zhang clan without a game plan will just be stupid.

On the other hand, it's been a while since we've seen BRO FU (only once in this timeline, as a matter of fact) and that +1 unarmed qinggong upgrade is just sweet. treave, will we get a training period in all of the destination choices?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Not sure I understand why so many of you are going with C. Revenge for our eye? The Jinkong sect is probably a red herring. Seems pretty obvious that Zhang had wanted Fu to implicate them so that they could be the scapegoat while the Zhang family gets away with the manual scott-free.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You don't get any training choices yet, and you're not going near the Zhang clan in A. The choice specifically states that you're going to Huashan. They don't live on Huashan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom