Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $1500 for Codexian monsters + NPC + island + dungeon/item in Serpent in the Staglands

covr

Prophet
Patron
This game also seems to be very polite and nice product. With warm and simple-hearted atmosphere, it might bring old school memories, warm, nostalgic feelings. I strongly suggest that we shouldn't profane this game with Codex vulgar memes. It just doesn't fit, it's not classy, this game doesn't deserve this.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'll throw more money at it if needed(like 15-25 more bucks) at the last day to help out to reach the goal.
We're only 200 from the goal so hopefully I wont need to.
NPC gonna be named Dawn, right? Such a fitting name for a tranny.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
How are we going to decide on what to put into the game? Is there going to be another thread made for that purpose, one w/ proposals and such? A poll? Obviously this will happen after the campaign is through and you guys know what exactly we're going to be able have in the game, but are there any plans for deciding on specifics at this point?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, I think we'll make a separate thread for that and then maybe a poll or some such. Of course we'll also be in touch with the devs so as to get some kind of guidelines on design, scope, etc., and not ruin their game too much.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I think we'll make a separate thread for that and then maybe a poll or some such. Of course we'll also be in touch with the devs so as to get some kind of guidelines on design, scope, etc., and not ruin their game too much.
Honestly, I agree with the people in the thread who have argued for adding non-codexian meme stuff. I just make prosper jokes because he's such a novelty. In reality, I'd like to see us come up with actually good quests, monsters, etc. Of course it's easy to say that, but let me be a little more clear: (1) in terms of monster design, the rectum gobblers are good -- just because of shock value people will probably like them. (2) in terms of quest and NPC design, the difficult part for NPC or quest design will be to add something actually original and memorable. This sort of fantasy, D&D inspired setting has been done to death. Thus, we've all done quests to kill some evil wizard, save hostages from a bandit camp, kill ogres, etc. a million times. Nobody will care if the evil wizard happens to be named prosper, outside of us codexians who might get a little giggle out of it. If our content is going to be good, we'll really have to work at it and make something firstly that people haven't experienced, and secondly that is actually well written and designed.

Tigranes

Arcane
Cancelled KS pledge, backed here.

Yeah, I think we've already done a few Codex memes in other KS, this time let's actually try and create some fun and complex quest to further The Codexian Cause.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Honestly, I agree with the people in the thread who have argued for adding non-codexian meme stuff. I just make prosper jokes because he's such a novelty. In reality, I'd like to see us come up with actually good quests, monsters, etc. Of course it's easy to say that, but let me be a little more clear: (1) in terms of monster design, the rectum gobblers are good -- just because of shock value people will probably like them. (2) in terms of quest and NPC design, the difficult part for NPC or quest design will be to add something actually original and memorable. This sort of fantasy, D&D inspired setting has been done to death. Thus, we've all done quests to kill some evil wizard, save hostages from a bandit camp, kill ogres, etc. a million times. Nobody will care if the evil wizard happens to be named prosper, outside of us codexians who might get a little giggle out of it. If our content is going to be good, we'll really have to work at it and make something firstly that people haven't experienced, and secondly that is actually well written and designed.

I'd say we could combine both, as long as the Codex references are subtle and follow the Tim Cain Rule. It all depends on what ideas people will come up with.

Cynic

Arcane
Any chance we can remove Dawn from the badge? Some of us don't want to engage in any of that drama.
Well, I don't want to make more drama but just keep in mind "Dawn_" could be a mentally ill 13 year old and you guys are sticking her handle on a badge. Seems petty and irresponsible. But I guess it's the Codex right?
Everyone and their cousin is doing TB like it's 1999 again.

:hmmm:
:avatard:
:mhd:

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
Any chance we can remove Dawn from the badge? Some of us don't want to engage in any of that drama.
Well, I don't want to make more drama but just keep in mind "Dawn_" could be a mentally ill 13 year old and you guys are sticking her handle on a badge. Seems petty and irresponsible. But I guess it's the Codex right?
Everyone and their cousin is doing TB like it's 1999 again.

:hmmm:
:avatard:
:mhd:

Good morning to you too.

Hahaha. I love how the ones complaining about join dates have only been here three years. Pretty hilarious!

"The glow" referring to a particularly stormy area of the sea with a vortex. It is called "the glow" because you can see the thunders from afar and serves as a reference point for navigating the seas.

The player will occasionally hear rumours of a vortex in "the glow" that swallows all who come near with nobody to be heard from again. The rumour has it that those who survive the vortex will find treasures beyond imagining. Some say it 's infinite knowledge. Some yet, eternal life. All sorts of wild fantasies abound.

One random elderly drunkard guy in some tavern will tell you to stay away and offer to give you instructions on how to survive the vortex should you ever get caught in one, which he himself has on at least one occasion. His condition is that you convince the family of a very young girl to marry her to the old pervert and he will only tell you in the next morning after having "blessed" his young bride. After having convinced the family, if the player is successful in using dialogue skills to tell him "to go easy on the booze", the old man will survive the night and give you the instructions in the morning after the wedding. If not, he will die in the bed.

With or without the instructions from the old man, you will simply die if you travel to the the glow.

However, there is a chance you will "run" into a fisher on your way to the glow (I imagine that travel will be handled instantly via a text-adventure, dialogue or similar interface). If you do, he will advise against going into the glow and suggest to wait until the dusk when there's a brief safe window to travel there without storms. What happens once you get there... I have no idea.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
As soon as I get a paypal address for them, I'll send over the $1,518.56 USD.

The PayPal options they have don't seem to let me throw UNTOLD AMOUNTS OF MONEY at them, instead limiting me to the max $500.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom