Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I’ll be making sure that you have multiple ways to solve quests, that your choices are meaningful, and that the repercussions of those choices are felt in many places throughout the game. I’ll be designing characters and quests to reflect both the themes of our story and the fundamental weirdness of the Numenera setting. And I’ll be working with our art team to create cool and bizarre locations to explore, like the floating corpse of Myrkul from Mask of the Betrayer.

:yeah:

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Awesome, glad to see Ziets on board full time. A game like this needs that type of creativity and imagination.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Another big incentive: we’re putting a part of the old Mask of the Betrayer team back together. That includes Kevin Saunders and me, of course, but also Jesse Farrell, who was a content designer (and our QA lead) on MotB. Notably, he was responsible for the awesome “soul contract” dialogue in the Chamber of Dreamers.

:incline::fuuyeah:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I haven't yet, but once I get back on site I will.

Here's something so you're prepared for the inevitable here on the Codex:
MEbhiDp.png

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Inxile, before all this recent KS buzz was mainly a mobile game developer, their only rpg was a console orientated comedy "thing", the only reason they got the good faith they did was because of the name's involved, and when those names failed to produce anything resembling quality with the early release of WL2, it's understandable people are reticent about Torment.

Why are people talking about the quality of a game that hasn't been released yet? Once again, why do so many people not understand how a beta works? Jesus h. Fucking christ on a pogo stick in hell.

Nice to see George doing something he prefers doing again. G Ziets do you actually get to do any in-engine level design yourself?

Will Your level design philosophy tend towards open, hub like levels ? Would be pretty nice if You teach inXile level designers something about producing more open locations instead of corridors one, especially that looking from the screen, they are still designing corridor like maps.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice to see George doing something he prefers doing again. G Ziets do you actually get to do any in-engine level design yourself?

Will Your level design philosophy tend towards open, hub like levels ? Would be pretty nice if You teach inXile level designers something about producing more open locations instead of corridors one, especially that looking from the screen, they are still designing corridor like maps.

Dude do you realize the irony of a guy with a KOTOR portrait constantly lecturing people about corridor maps

Also, George designed that map so I'd say you're out of luck. :smug:

Last edited:

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer

That particular map is an exception in the Bloom - it was specifically designed to be a series of platforms connected by walkways (inspired by the one of the original Bloom concept pieces). Most of the other maps in the Bloom do not feature any corridors at all and are much more similar to the open-ended maps in PST and BG2.

That particular map is an exception in the Bloom - it was specifically designed to be a series of platforms connected by walkways (inspired by the one of the original Bloom concept pieces). Most of the other maps in the Bloom do not feature any corridors at all and are much more similar to the open-ended maps in PST and BG2.

Splendid! It's really nice to sometimes get an exact answer one wish to get. Good luck on making levels as awesome as they always should be!:love:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That is so awesome! So happy Mr. Ziets is working now full time. MASSIVE incline at inXile.

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom