Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
And Crusader is a great class, whoever said it sucked had no idea how to spec it. Just remember, before or as soon as possible when you put on heavy armor, pump up your weapon skill and put a few more points into armor too if you can. This will negate the -12 attack penalty to attack easily and quickly. You can also pump the Perception attribute, you get a bonus to attack and also your ranged damage with a crossbow.
I said it sucked hard, and it did in my party composition for the role I expected it to fill. I was looking for a self-sustaining tank, but that didn't really work. As a more focused tank or perhaps a support hybrid, I'm sure it's fine.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I'm not going to go full J_C on this but man, the outrage pretty much everywhere but here on this game is hilarious. Also disconcerting; I hope the sales don't suffer. There are technical issues, and a lot of them, but it's in better shape as a D1P than a lot of other shit.

bloodlover

Arcane
Fml Luke was kind of a pain to kill. I was so tempted to let the fucker run away.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I just noticed you can chose rewards from some sort of point shit you accumulate when playing.
watwatinthebutt.jpg

Will probably save for Meow Dungeon whatever that is.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes Zed, that's the "Uplay-unlocked dungeon" people have been talking about. And companion, and relic set. I got the companion with the 20 complimentary points I got for joining Uplay. Will unlock the dungeon after finishing three chapters I guess.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yes Zed, that's the "Uplay-unlocked dungeon" people have been talking about. And companion, and relic set. I got the companion with the 20 complimentary points I got for joining Uplay. Will unlock the dungeon after finishing three chapters I guess.
When you redeem rewards you don't "spend" the points?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When you redeem rewards you don't "spend" the points?

You do. I'd need to finish three chapters of the game to accumulate the 40 points necessary for unlocking the dungeon.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I'm not going to go full J_C on this but man, the outrage pretty much everywhere but here on this game is hilarious. Also disconcerting; I hope the sales don't suffer. There are technical issues, and a lot of them, but it's in better shape as a D1P than a lot of other shit.

Do you mean Codex outrage? Or are dudes pissed off elsewhere?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron

Do you mean Codex outrage? Or are dudes pissed off elsewhere?
Youtube comments, Steam forums, etc. The usual suspects.

poetic codex

Augur
By the way folks, DLAA = downsampling = true hardware AA. For best results (if you have a powerful rig) choose DLAA + a SMAA injector. This way you'll get the best image quality without blurring the screen.

If you have an nvidia card, I have found that setting in-game AA to off and forcing fxaa through nvidia inspector gives the best image quality. For some reason, forced fxaa through nvidia inspector works really well lately and there is very little if any blurring.

LeJosh

Savant
Just beat Luke, man he is one tough fucker. Had 3 of my guys unconscious at the end, my bladedancer saved the day though. No save-scumming here, I didn't get the 100XP for 3 guys, shit happens.

Playing on Hard at the moment.

jdinatale

Cipher
How many hours is this game for anyone who's beaten it? Or estimate if you haven't?

Angthoron

Arcane
Just beat Luke, man he is one tough fucker. Had 3 of my guys unconscious at the end, my bladedancer saved the day though. No save-scumming here, I didn't get the 100XP for 3 guys, shit happens.

Is there any difference between letting them live and killing them? Has anyone played far enough to find out?

LeJosh

Savant

Is there any difference between letting them live and killing them? Has anyone played far enough to find out?

I didn't reload to check, sorry. I'm sure someone here let him go though. He dropped Plate Armor with 100% resist against Paralysis so I think killing hiim was better for me, I have 2 Heavy Armor wearers.

Fighting Mamushi, didn't check his abilities, whacked off of the Lighthouse... :negative:

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Ok guys, need help at a certain point:

Just beat Mamushi, the slimy fucker. The Darth Maul of Yuan Tii's :lol: Anyhow, ho wdo I activate the telporter? I have spent 20 minutes jumping from tile to tile pressing the slabes but nothing. The riddle doesn't help either :x

alkeides

Arcane
Patron

I didn't reload to check, sorry. I'm sure someone here let him go though. He dropped Plate Armor with 100% resist against Paralysis so I think killing hiim was better for me, I have 2 Heavy Armor wearers.

Spoiler regarding Ireena's (sp?) quest:
I think you have to let all 3 of the dacoits live in order to get something different than the loot + xp you get from killing each. I really, really hope you don't get screwed out of not being promoted to a Paladin. M&M games don't really function that way, but don't underestimate the power of 12 years of Biowhorism. :roll: What worries me is the discussion about Crusaders vs Paladins you have with Ireena. She claims to be bloodthirsty and thus remained a Crusader and never became a Paladin. Then she gives you a quest regarding these dacoits and leaves it up to you to kill 'em or leave 'em. Yup, sounds like a tranny trap moment to me. Or maybe you don't get a powerful Paladin relic you would have gotten? Whtaever it will be, it'll be big because you are likely giving up tons of xp + items by not killing them

Alchemist

Arcane
Terrible question, but where are your savegames saved in Windows 7 x64? There is a MM folder under My Documents, but it seems to contain only .png images for the saves, not the saves themselves. :P

I swear, you gotta believe me, I'm not computer retarded, but this game is absolutely eluding me. Does not appear to be the game's installed directory either. Fucking Windows!!!!!!!!! :rage:

And yes, saving/loading works just fine. It's the files I can't find whatsoever to copy between my laptop and desktop.
I'm on the Uplay version (not sure if it's different for Steam) - and the save games are where the Uplay launcher is installed... so in my case: Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/savegames/

bonescraper

So, is this any good?
Everything is shit.

So, someone needs to make a list of all henchmen, and explain their roles. Because i have no idea what they do. The manual acknowledges their existence, and says that they serve multiple roles... Ugh.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Played this for a bit. The textures are so ugly. I wasn't expecting the game to look particularly good, but this stuff is something a games made in 1999 wouldn't be proud of.

Gameplay seems like solid enough blobbing(but my blobber knowledge is rather limited), although it feels like you need to chug a lot of potions, as both mana and hp empty super fast.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
So, is this any good?
Everything is shit.

So, someone needs to make a list of all henchmen, and explain their roles. Because i have no idea what they do. The manual acknowledges their existence, and says that they serve multiple roles... Ugh.

If you hover over their portraits in-game you will get a tool tip that explains it.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Played this for a bit. The textures are so ugly. I wasn't expecting the game to look particularly good, but this stuff is something a games made in 1999 wouldn't be proud of.

Gameplay seems like solid enough blobbing(but my blobber knowledge is rather limited), although it feels like you need to chug a lot of potions, as both mana and hp empty super fast.

There is a bug in the graphics options. Exit the game and goto the game's main menu. Goto options and upgrade the graphics tabs to max (or whatever you want) from there. Click apply. Then go back and continue your game.
Yeah the potion spam is annoying. It's more even than MM 6-8. I wish they had balanced that more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom