Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Disgruntled

Savant
Well, now that the Acts have been cleared up, the initial 30+ hour playtime reaffirms my doubts on the game. Thats plenty good when it comes to the general standard (esp with the price) but its rather short when compared to other open world sandboxes and a game like m&b.

Are there only going to be a couple of castles and some towns? Is the epic battle supplemented by a good amount of 30 v 30 skirmishes? How does the game tie everything together and stop someone murdering a few lords out of line and breaking the sequence of events?
Does my skill progression build towards a powerhouse or can I take down a town guard from day 1 with a bit of luck? Will the 3 acts eventually be glued together where act 1 is not a precursor to the other 2?

Maybe im being unfair on a new team with a shoestring AAA title but I guess the standards are higher when the potential is so great.

Kron

Arcane
Include religion for fuck's sake.
As a realistic feature - no "uuh christians are evil and the templars plot to enslave everyone" retarded stuff.

It's about time these medieval games take on religion as a central part of the culture and life of people back in those days.
Plus, medieval christianity is pretty awesome, with all the zealots, burnings, cathedrals and mass choirs.

Edit: DEUS LO VULT.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
As a realistic feature - no "uuh christians are evil and the templars plot to enslave everyone" retarded stuff.

It's about time these medieval games take on religion as a central part of the culture and life of people back in those days.
Plus, medieval christianity is pretty awesome, with all the zealots, burnings, cathedrals and mass choirs.

Edit: DEUS LO VULT.

You mean Ktož jsú boží bojovníci.

If they would've picked the Hussite Wars for the game's backdrop instead, you'd have plenty of that - including crusades, fanatics, religious disputes etc.

It'd be "The Name of the Rose" of gaming.

:troll:

Delterius

Arcane
Those marketting leads should be fucking fired. When the hell did first person action RPGs about knights in medieval europe become a tough sell? When those bastards began to think that their work should be cut out to them. They don't want to entice people to a shiny new product, oh that's too hard. They just want to let people know about something they supposedly already want.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
nJECIJh.png

Told you. :smug:

Apexeon

Arcane
Nice to see Kickstarter still has some life in it.

How about a Braveheart mod :)

Baron

Arcane

They did.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . v
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . v
aVyqg6K.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ^ questgiver (Renegade path)

Apexeon

Arcane

They did.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . v
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . v
aVyqg6K.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ^ questgiver (Renegade path)

I see no wine in this screen shot.
I am concerned.
**** religion if there is no wine !

Lemon

Arcane
Unlike Clank they appear to be making a game.

We'll see I suppose.

PosledniKovboj

Scholar
The private investor is, supposedly, one of the quasi-tycoons spawned after the commies stepped down. He does have enough money to fund this on his own and come back if it doesn't play out, the KS was just to prove to him that there is a large enough target audience for this. Well, if you believe that. I personally wouldn't worry about this turning vaporware, but I do think it will turn to utter shit in the end. All the guy talks about is the fucking engine and what it can do, no wonder since these guys have a background in shooters. Neat game, don't see any RPG in there tho.

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
I don't care how rich you are or how successful you are. You do not get there by throwing money at an under performing project and this is exactly what this project did for a year as no publisher would go near it.

If they have actual game play why didn't they show some footage of people playing the game? Why the movie clips?

I wonder if this breaks KS rules (not that KS will care though; they only care about their cut)? I mean, is it OK to raise seed money to get a bigger investment in your project? What happens when that bigger investment does not materialize? Are they going to do what Clank did and just shrug and go about their business?

EDIT:

Oh, shit. They're over 300k and they only have 10k backers. That means the average pledge is 300 euros. Wow, that really smells fishy.

Torment, for example, averages at $56 per backer, on average.

EDIT2:

Ignore above math. I'm wrong. It's more like average of 30 euros per backer.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
BTW, one of the founders of Warhorse is Martin Klíma, creator of the most popular pnp RPG in Czech Republic. (Dračí Doupě) Admittedly, it was a super mathy DnD clone, not exactly great by today's standards. Still, they do have an RPG background. He also worked on some of the UFO games.
Vávra himself seems to be an RPG fan, at least he rips into big AAA RPGs in his blog posts often enough. ;)

edit: Klíma also worked on Original War and quite a few successful boardgames. There was a pure RPG (Vision) in the works in 2004, but that got cancelled. A shame, from some of the super awesome insider info I heard back in the day, it could've been great.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
All the guy talks about is the fucking engine and what it can do, no wonder since these guys have a background in shooters. Neat game, don't see any RPG in there tho.

Because that's what they've mainly been working on. You know, the gameplay part of the game. What else should they have been doing?

I think I need to pre-emptively summon mondblut to tell you how important stories and characters are in a cRPG.

I think this game has high chance of not being exactly the thing I am looking for either, but I find it quite silly that people complain about things that most of the Kickstarters have not had either. I'd much rather put my faith in a company that has a solid engine and gameplay mechanics ironed out than one that only has flimsy storyboard sketches to show.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice to see they are already funded. Hopefully one of the stretch goals will be incorporating Act 2 (and 3) into the game, and they reach that stretch goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom