Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Remember similar issues with the last summer sales. Had Skyrim 50% off, but displayed on the home page as not costing anything. Was fixed in around thirty minutes, but that didn't stop people on /v/ bitching about how this was 'false advertising' and wondering if they could sue Valve for it.

Didn't know what was funnier; the people who a few days ago were singing about how Skyrim's the worst game in the series now bitching that they couldn't get it, or the people who were pretending they understood how false advertising laws worked.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm, I couldn't get at that Dungeon Defenders 85% off due to the L4D2 rush. Though I'm not sure I would have bought it anyway.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmm, I couldn't get at that Dungeon Defenders 85% off due to the L4D2 rush. Though I'm not sure I would have bought it anyway.

Dungeon Defenders Collection have already been two times on different bundles, so youll probably be able to get it again for a buck sooner or later.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Not worth it. The game is an absurdly long grind for anyone who doesn't spend money, and there is more DLC whoring in it than most Chinese free-to-play games.

Servo

Arcane
And it's only now that I realize that Dark Souls is not available in my country.

Why? Get a new country.

I'm kinda pissed off at Steam right now over some shitty customer service. Has anyone ever had a good experience with those guys, I mean over an issue with a purchase or something? Because in my 10+ years with them I can't think of one.

This just means GOG will be getting more of my moneys (possibly after picking up Dark Souls because I can't into $15 for DLC).

Also Hotline Miami keeps showing up. Anyone play this game and is it any good?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why? Get a new country.

I'm kinda pissed off at Steam right now over some shitty customer service. Has anyone ever had a good experience with those guys, I mean over an issue with a purchase or something? Because in my 10+ years with them I can't think of one.

This just means GOG will be getting more of my moneys (possibly after picking up Dark Souls because I can't into $15 for DLC).

Edit: Also Hotline Miami keeps showing up. Anyone play this game and is it any good?
Hotline Miami is fun

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
GOG sucks balls. Never had an issue with Steam customer service because you simply click and buy. What kind of 'purchasing issue' could there be?

Servo

Arcane
I'll demonstrate but I don't expect any sympathy from you Metro.

Hi,

I added Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY and Batman: Arkham City GOTY to my cart around 10am MST today, while they were on sale for $4.99 and $7.49 respectively.

As soon as I went to purchase these items ("Purchase for Myself") I ran into problems with my network. DNS requests were not being resolved on the page that follows the cart, and I was not able to complete the transaction.

I was able to get my network issues resolved about 2 minutes past 11 am, when the prices changed.

Can you please cut me a break and let me purchase these items at the discounted prices? This was a very frustrating experience for me.

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We understand your frustration in this matter, however, Steam does not offer discounts to purchases made before or after sale periods.

Please check Steam News for information on upcoming sales and promotions.

Let me tell you about good customer service.

When a customer has a bad experience with your company, and your company has a policy which prevents you from helping that customer, and said customer has spent hundreds of dollars at your store over 10+ year span, *you make an exception for that customer.* Otherwise that customer stops spending money at your store in favor of another store with competitive prices and *good customer service.*

Hello David,

Steam does not offer discounts to purchases made outside of sale periods. We will not be able to accommodate your request.

Crap customer service is crap.

Why does GOG suck? I've always had exceptional customer service with them and they offer the same service, albeit fewer games.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Check an earlier post of mine in this thread. Steam will always claim it is YOUR fault if Steam doesn't work for you, regardless of the reason. GabeN himself could be torching ISPs and cutting through the internet cables live on TV and Steam would still insinuate that it's your fault.

Servo

Arcane
To be fair, it really wasn't anyone at Steam's fault that my network crapped out while I was purchasing some shit. But that doesn't make their customer service any better.

It is however their fault that I still wasn't able to purchase said shit when my network came back up at 10:55 and I couldn't log in because of two step verification nonsense that I never opted into.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why does GOG suck? I've always had exceptional customer service with them and they offer the same service, albeit fewer games.

So Steam sucks because of your: 1) foolish decision to wait until the last minute to purchase these games; and 2) your internet for shitting the bed; and never mind 3) your oversight in not buying the Humble Warner Brothers bundle where these games were cheaper, anyway.

In before durr hurrr you're a Steam plant. If you had a legitimate complaint I'd say fine. Like if they charged you more for something after-the-fact or took away one of your games… but this… it's a retarded complaint.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I only had to contact them once and that was cause one of the games wasnt starting. Got a reply after a few hours and another when they fixed it. So its ok.
But if I was a whiny bitch I couldve left a ticket 100 times so far cause of my favorite pop up window "this game isnt currenly available right now" or some similar shit when you want to play.

Best service so far I had was with GamersGate. Contacted em several times, always got reply within 2 hours or something, sometimes after 10 minutes. But that was when the site was new, now they also sell steam keys.

and Servo , Hotline Miami is awesome. And bookmark humblebundle.com, bundlestars.com, indiegala.com, and theres shitload of other sites that do the bundle steam keys thing for little money and check em often.

Oh, and fuckers go vote for Spelunky, I wanna buy that game. Already got Rogue Legacy. Its kicking my ass but I love it.

Servo

Arcane
So Steam sucks because of your: 1) foolish decision to wait until the last minute to purchase these games; and 2) your internet for shitting the bed; and never mind 3) your oversight in not buying the Humble Warner Brothers bundle where these games were cheaper, anyway.

Your disingenuity is astounding. Also you never said why you have a problem with GOG.

Edit: Maybe you work at Valve.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Because buying from GOG supports Witcher series. How can you do such a thing? Also not sure why correctly pointing out your 'customer service issue' is entirely the fault of user era is 'disingenuous,' but whatever floats your boat.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Your disingenuity is astounding. Also you never said why you have a problem with GOG.

Edit: Maybe you work at Valve.

You treat customer service people like shit with your overzealous sense of entitlement and get a hard on over GOG? What are you, Eastern European? Get that GOG shit out of this topic.

Servo

Arcane
Because buying from GOG supports Witcher series. How can you do such a thing? Also not sure why correctly pointing out your 'customer service issue' is entirely the fault of user era is 'disingenuous,' but whatever floats your boat.

It's disingenuous because you assume I have no good reason to miss out on the sale period or those other sales you mentioned.

Witcher is awesome.

You treat customer service people like shit with your overzealous sense of entitlement and get a hard on over GOG? What are you, Eastern European? Get that GOG shit out of this topic.

Have you ever worked in customer service? I have, and I know how to do it rite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom