Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So apparently you can earn in game currency to pay off your sub if you poopsock it a bit.

This is the one MMO out there aside from vapourware (I'm looking at you, WoD) that I still give a shit about, so let's hope the game is worth paying for.

This is EvE business model.

set

Cipher
I am not optimistic. It looks like WoW, which is never ever ever ever a good sign.

DramaticPopcorn

Got an invite for stress test, PM me if you want it.

EDIT: Nevermind it expired already... I really need to check my mail more frequently.

xemous

Arcane
you cant have a story that the player will invest in with such ridiculous artwork and graphics.

Last edited:

Ehon Asko

Novice
I played a little bit in the latest stress test and it's pretty much Guild Wars 2 dodge spam combined with World of Warcraft with fetch quest. Most irrating thing was the telegraph system that paints the ground red when ever enemies are doing some power attack so you can dodge their attacks and it gets really out of hand with multiple enemies and group members present.

7/10

Learned
My, my... I hope I can still afford my SWToR subscription, between playing Skyrim Online and this cutesy shit. 2014 sure looks like an exciting year for fans of 2nd rate MMOs!

J1M

Arcane
Is the non-combat levelling option interesting? I thought you could be a scientist or something.

Ehon Asko

Novice
Is the non-combat levelling option interesting? I thought you could be a scientist or something.

Non-combat paths have their own levels. I tried the settler and it was pretty much just picking stuff from the ground and depositing it to pre determined points to build buff bots. Its nice gimmick but nothing that special.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I was probably among the first to sign up for the beta. Still no invite. :(

Direwolf

Arcane
Does anyone have any friend invites on their account that they can share? Can even exchange it for a reasonable priced game on Steam.

subotaiy

Cipher
Got a beta key. I played until level 8, got bored and uninstalled it; it has enjoyable combat, but overall it is the usual MMO fare, kill x/gather y quests (tons of them) and it gest tedious really really fast. I don't know about pvp, I queued but didn't join.
Don't see what all the fuss is about, I guess good marketing.

how much enjoyable is the combat? because tabula rasa was a pretty standard mmo as mmo go but its combat was just too much fun. even if there was absolutely no need to, in tabula rasa i grinded just because it was fun.

Quatlo

Arcane
Got a beta key. I played until level 8, got bored and uninstalled it; it has enjoyable combat, but overall it is the usual MMO fare, kill x/gather y quests (tons of them) and it gest tedious really really fast. I don't know about pvp, I queued but didn't join.
I think you miss the point, this game is supposed to be usual MMO fare. No groundbreaking changes, just polished game and nostalgia trip for oldschool wow players.
I guess I'm waiting for wildstar game, but on the other hand I'm tired to death of the formula and probably will try it and forget it, just like you did.

Direwolf

Arcane

Did you get any friend keys with your beta key that you can share?
Supposedly if you log in on a Saturday you get a friend key added to your account.

Last edited:

Xenich

Cipher
I think you miss the point, this game is supposed to be usual MMO fare. No groundbreaking changes, just polished game and nostalgia trip for oldschool wow players.
I guess I'm waiting for wildstar game, but on the other hand I'm tired to death of the formula and probably will try it and forget it, just like you did.

If it is like early WoW, then it may be entertaining, but if it is like current WoW (daily grinds of short dungeons to farm tokens to get raid gear, components for crafting, and faction), well... it isn't even worth trying out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom