Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You have to use the proper declension of his name, which would be 'Henryka Sienkiewicza'. Other than that, wonderful translation :)

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Eh, wish I could claim credit, but all I did was recognize which language to use on Google Translate. Still, I loved Krzyżacy when I read it years ago. Another Polish author I like is Tadeusz Dołęga-Mostowicz. I've read Znachor and Profesor Wilczur and have heard good things about, but never read, Kariera Nikodema Dyzmy.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
heard good things about, but never read, Kariera Nikodema Dyzmy.
That one is also good, in a funny-depressing sort of way.

EDIT:
Watcher's Keep level 1 is finished, with a surprising number of Codex deaths (at least for me).

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last time on Let's Insane Solo Baldur's Gate 2:

bg2_up35_087.jpg

Time to conclude this business trip.

------

Update #36: Snakes on a Plane

bg2_up36_000.jpg

codex_10.jpg
More likely I shall bring disruption to your ass.

bg2_up36_001.jpg

Master of Thralls opens the duel with some quirky demonic powers and elemntal summoning.

bg2_up36_002.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Damn, I did not expect the Spanish inquisition of air elementals.

bg2_up36_003.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Hopefully this will balance things out.

bg2_up36_004.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fuck! I was using those fingers, you know!

bg2_up36_005.jpg

Damn boss fights.

Death Count: 183

Load.

codex_10.jpg
Mirror image is not what it used to be...

Let's buff our way to victory.

bg2_up36_006.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Not sure if this will help with the vampiric touch, but it can't hurt.

I think we've already tried that in the Abyss.

bg2_up36_007.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Combining blur with cloak of displacement should create some time-space-continuum rift.

bg2_up36_008.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Still one of the most useful level 2 spells.

bg2_up36_009.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Last, but not least...
bg2_up36_010.jpg

AC of -13 should help us prevail in this fight. I forgot we had ring of earth control or it would be -14.

bg2_up36_011.jpg

Obviously, he turned out to be immune to +1 arrows.

bg2_up36_012.jpg

codex_10.jpg
MyBodyIsReady.

bg2_up36_013.jpg

codex_10.jpg
ShouldntHaveComeSoCloseGramps.

bg2_up36_014.jpg

codex_10.jpg
ImFightingCloudsOfAirWithAStickHowDoesThatEvenWork?

bg2_up36_015.jpg

Well, it's a badass stick.

bg2_up36_016.jpg

codex_10.jpg
ConvenientlyPlacedBrazierGotIt.

bg2_up36_017.jpg

codex_10.jpg
ILikeWhenPeopleBegMeForStuff.

bg2_up36_018.jpg

codex_10.jpg
LetsSeeWhatTheMasterHad.

bg2_up36_019.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Nice!

bg2_up36_020.jpg

codex_10.jpg
MaybeIShouldTryToMasterThisOrbInsteadOfDestroyingIt?

You know that's impossible, right?

codex_10.jpg
OneCanDream.

bg2_up36_021.jpg

codex_10.jpg
More of these suckers.

bg2_up36_022.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I'm leaving.

Only one of them is a greater wolfwere.

codex_10.jpg
Still leaving.

Don't be a pussy.

bg2_up36_023.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fine, but I'm calling my dad to help out.

bg2_up36_024.jpg

Casting Mordekainen's Sword makes all wolfweres mad with frenzy.

bg2_up36_025.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fuckyeah!

bg2_up36_027.jpg

The others are easy.

bg2_up36_028.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I don't think I want to enter any more of these.

Stop whining. I bet we won't encounter anything more annoying than the wolfweres.

bg2_up36_029.jpg

codex_10.jpg
:rage:

bg2_up36_030.jpg

Well, that went badly.

Death count: 184

codex_10.jpg
Can we skip the efreetis?

No, but we can own them.

bg2_up36_031.jpg

Using the recently-found scroll of fire resistance.

bg2_up36_032.jpg

Together with ring of fire resistance, we end up with 127% fire resistance. This means any fire damage will actually heal our hero rather than damage him.

bg2_up36_033.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Alright, let's dance the fire dance!

bg2_up36_034.jpg

As all efreeti powers are fire-based they are literally unable to hurt The Codex.

codex_10.jpg
But still able to annoy the living shit out of me with their invisibility.

bg2_up36_035.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Eat shit, sparks!

bg2_up36_036.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And you too, zippo!

bg2_up36_037.jpg

codex_10.jpg
I really, really hate when THEY DO THAT!

bg2_up36_038.jpg

codex_10.jpg
AND STAY FUCKING DOWN!

bg2_up36_039.jpg

While wandering around we got too close to the Warden and he threw a horrid wilting at The Codex. This is actually good, because it is one less spell for him to use later when we shall face him.

codex_10.jpg
Good? Do you know how this hurts?

bg2_up36_040.jpg

Then I misclicked and Tenser's Transformation was cast. Not to waste it, we immediately move against the yuant-ti we skipped earlier.

codex_10.jpg
You suck.

bg2_up36_041.jpg

codex_10.jpg
One!

bg2_up36_042.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Two!

Two thralls, who ran north (to 'protect Master's Pet') when the fighting started are back and start hurting our hero with spells (maybe they've noticed the pet is dead already). Of course, we don't retaliate.

codex_10.jpg
Why have I agreed to this.

bg2_up36_043.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Three!

bg2_up36_044.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fou-...-uck you and your shadow door!

bg2_up36_045.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Four!

bg2_up36_046.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Five! Also, could you tell these thralls to stop fucking hitting me!

bg2_up36_047.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Six! We're done here!

Almost.

bg2_up36_049.jpg

We heal the near death female thrall and leave everyone here. Summons don't give us any XP and they are not hostile towards the thralls, so it's not worth fighting them.

bg2_up36_050.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Time to prepare for the big date with the warden (no homo).

bg2_up36_051.jpg

We're kind of out of buffs at this point, so Mirror Image and Resist Fear must suffice.

bg2_up36_052.jpg

codex_10.jpg
More yawn-ti? Just what I fucking needed.

bg2_up36_053.jpg

We cast Confusion and it works pretty well, hitting at least three thralls and two yuan-ti.

bg2_up36_054.jpg

Next up is Slow, to reduce the impact of non-confused combatants.

bg2_up36_055.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Christine!

And Horror, just because.

bg2_up36_056.jpg

Time to take care of the warden himself.

codex_10.jpg
Finally!

bg2_up36_057.jpg

Warden fires up a bunch of defensive spells.

codex_10.jpg
He forgot protection from magical weapons, though.

bg2_up36_058.jpg

Without the support of his minions, the warden is kind of a pussy.

bg2_up36_059.jpg

codex_10.jpg
DIE!

Now, let's retreat before some misguided thralls kills you...

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, that would be a shame. I would have to kill them all and our noble quest would be forfeit.

bg2_up36_060.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Not cool, bro!

bg2_up36_061.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fuck off!

bg2_up36_062.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Whatever.

bg2_up36_063.jpg

codex_10.jpg
There, done. Thralls are saved.

Have we saved them all? No idea, actually. I have completely lost track of warden thralls in the clusterfuck of a fight that ensued, so it's entirely possible that at least one of them died there.

codex_10.jpg
We did our best. It's the thought that counts, yadda, yadda.

bg2_up36_064.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, why don't you fuck off? I want to go home.

You don't have a home.

codex_10.jpg
Anywhere but here will do.

bg2_up36_065.jpg

There are some yuan-ti left. But that's just moping up at this point.

bg2_up36_066.jpg

Or not.

bg2_up36_067.jpg

Please don't die, please don't die!

bg2_up36_068.jpg

Alright!

codex_10.jpg
That was way too close!

bg2_up36_069.jpg

We approach them from the other side.

bg2_up36_070.jpg

codex_10.jpg
These skeletons hit surprisingly hard.

bg2_up36_071.jpg

Well, fuck.

Death count: 185

Load game.

codex_10.jpg
Enough is enough! I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!

bg2_up36_072.jpg

Time to enlist some help.

bg2_up36_073.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Go fuck them up, LEE!

bg2_up36_074.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Good job, bro!

bg2_up36_075.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Here, I'll lend a hand too!

bg2_up36_076.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Fuck yes!

bg2_up36_077.jpg

We can finally loot the warden's corpse.

bg2_up36_078.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Not bad, for crap.

bg2_up36_079.jpg

codex_10.jpg
There's no end of these fuckers.

bg2_up36_080.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Go ahead, LEE, I'll let you have this one.

bg2_up36_081.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Or not.

bg2_up36_082.jpg

codex_10.jpg
And you are a nuisance and a burden.

bg2_up36_083.jpg

Area completed.

codex_10.jpg
And not a moment too soon.

Plot resolution below.

bg2_up36_084.jpg

bg2_up36_085.jpg

bg2_up36_086.jpg

bg2_up36_087.jpg

codex_10.jpg
Yeah, still not into fags here.
---

Next time: Christmas comes early as we indulge in a Watcher's Keep lootfest.

codex_10.jpg
Sounds promising!
Next quest selection details:

Yes, Watcher's Keep level #1 has been completed, so a new poll is in order. The die will be cast after the very next update, so if You want to help shape destiny of The Codex, don't waste time and vote now!

1. Watcher's Keep level 2 [Desmodus Rotundus]

Last edited:

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think I'll vote for Korgan's Quest (and general exploration of the graveyard) this time.

And good job on saving the Thralls. Never actually thought to try that -- good extra challenge for the Codex.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Anomen's quest.
:troll:
I actually vote for Korgan's quest.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Does Anomen have a quest (never had him in my party because I couldn't stand looking at him for more than 2 seconds)? If so, I should probably add it to the list.

Sodafish

Arcane
Yeah, something about his sister. I only did it once, and it's not very memorable... although if you handle it right you can make him fallen for the lulz.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Ah, incense. I knew it was something like that the moment I saw this guy's face.

I've added his quest to the list, so it can now be voted on. Abelian, let me know if I should count Your vote as Anomen's or Korgan's quest.

EDIT: Wait, is there any combat in this quest? if not, it doesn't count.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah you can fight that dude and his guards in trade guild. I think that's the path which leads to Anomen becoming chaotic neutral.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So we've still got the following to do:

- Anomen's Quest (something about his sister)
- Circus Tent -> Genie's flask aka mysterious Jafir
- Illithids in Athkatla
- Korgan's Book Quest
- Serial Skinner -> Human Flesh Armor / Catching Rejiek
- Shadow Thieves' Guild / Working for Bodhi -> Spellhold -> Sahuagin City -> Underdark -> Suldanessellar
- Tirdir and his Kidnappers (Silver Pantaloons)
- Watcher's Keep Level 1 -> Level 2 -> Level 3 -> Level 4 -> Level 5 -> Level 6
- Wish Quest
- Yoshimo's mission from Renal Bloodscalp

Did you finish the stronghold quests for warrior and thief, though? I know we've recently finished teaching the apprentices the Cowled Wizards dumped on us, so that's done, but what about these:
- de'Arnise Keep (Flail of the Ages)
- Mae'Var's Guild

Anyway I'll stick to Illithids in Athkatla for now.

Erebus

Arcane
It may sound crazy, but I'm in favor of finally going back to the main quest. Most of the minor quests that are left wouldn't be very challenging now and, if our hero keeps exploring Watcher's Keep, he'll become way too powerful.

Shadow Thieves' Guild

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
The Codex declined thief's and fighter's strongholds. The latter was initially accepted, but I refused on the second try (after the save files were lost). Forgot to mention it before.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Yeah, in hindsight we should have accepted the fighter's one. Thief's guild is a boring nuisance, but the d'Arnise keep ends with a nice combat. I did that mostly because I did not even plan to install 'all strongholds' mod, it is there by accident.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom