Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
joystick_arcade_02.jpg

Best controller/joystick ever.

:love:

Destroid

Arcane
They got it right the first time. Despite all the shit talking and release of a new controller, this one is very comfortable for people with big hands.

820253-original_controller.jpg

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Symmetric controllers don't make sense as you need buttons and directions to be in resting positions and asymmetrical design gives you that. That of course assumes you're playing a 3D game, which in this day and age is likely. Of course, design, afaik, has been moving away from buttons to relying on triggers anyhow, so you might as well go full-Nintendo and have both the sticks at resting position.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/..._Steam_chief_to_shore_up_games_on_Windows.php

"Yes, I have joined Microsoft where I will be focusing on making Windows a great platform for gaming and interactive entertainment... I think there is a lot of opportunity for Microsoft to deliver the games and entertainment customers want and to work with developers to make that happen, so I'm excited to be here."

Does Age of Empires murderer Microsuck want to drown us with more Windows 8 Apps, or are they getting serious to get back to PC gaming?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Best guess would be they're gonna make their own DD client akin to Steam/Origin/Uplay. No, not that shitty GfWL client. If that means more X1 games get ported to PC then they're welcome.

And yes, this is an exit plan in case X1 games don't generate enough revenue.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think they will continue to push more casual, tablet friendly games on PC and tablet and keep the "hardcore games" on their Xbone. That's been their quest for years and years now.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They already push the casual shit on Steam or Win8 AppStore. But they want to sell the bigger fish on their own plaform.

I'm sure they'll sell whatever publishers make for PC, but I'm more speaking of their actual strategy. Core games for Xbox, more casual stuff for PC and tablet has been their personal MO for years and I don't see that changing.

gromit

Arcane
They should bury the Wii U and just admit that they fucked up. Fans will understand.
Tell it to Sega. Cheapest launch price ever, most launch sales ever, an utterly absurd attach rate for both software and hardware, and the DC still failed after two years of "remember the Saturn?" It becomes impossible to keep a system alive when nobody wants to publish a damn thing, because they don't think any of it will sell, and what does get published is barely stocked and advertised, so getting it into hands is next-to-impossible. All it takes to set that in motion is perception. Or even the perception of perception (like, whoa, man.)

Nintendo's survived a serious hardware flop once before, with nary a scratch, but it was only an over-ambitious side-project... not one that superseded their moneymaker. By contrast, the GC made them money until the bitter end, because they supported the hell out of it, and kept their base from wandering off too far. If they junk the WiiU too soon, it will be nothing but a middle finger to those who bought it despite its problems, simply because it would be the home for core Nintendo games for half a decade.

Sega did this with a less hyperfocused library of "big" titles, and had their arcade roots to point to as necessitating better hardware. Nintendo would simply be breaking an implied promise to their loyalists, who they need the support of once again.

Garm

Learned
They got it right the first time. Despite all the shit talking and release of a new controller, this one is very comfortable for people with big hands.

820253-original_controller.jpg

Never got the whole comfort with big hands thing....I have big hands and never had issues with any controller. Then again, I don't have sausage rolls for fingers like some people must have--mine are just you know, normal.

Destroid

Arcane
Not so much that normal controllers are uncomfortable, just that this one is more comfortable, while obviously most people did not find it so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom