Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Cool. :)

I understand the publisher also developing a new turn-based blobber called The Nights & Candles.

706929_20130308_640screen001.jpg

Looks interesting, but I couldn't hear anything about this after the announcement...anyone heard about this?

catfood

AGAIN
At the risk of sounding like a grafix whore, while the overland travel is charming to look at, tactical battles look even worse than AOD. Hope the actual combat mechanics will make up for it.

Modron

Arcane
You could just try the original RoA game I am sure combat well pretty much be a carbon copy; personally, I enjoyed the combat in the series so I don't think there will be too much to be offended by lest the combat animations run slower or something equally crappy.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Doesn't look like they're gonna bother with an English version..?

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Sample track is incredibly awesome. A good improvement of the musicality.Hope all tracks will be remasterised like that.Really love the tune of Blade Of destiny.Nowadays, it only "epic" music.
Wanna make a 7" vinyl version from it

sser

Arcane
Developer
For some reason I got a "Magic School Bus" vibe from that first tune.

Looks good, though. I'm sure they didn't have a lot of resources for it, but I like the aesthetic.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
RoA is in my to-play list still, after watching that... the music's nice, but I think the graphics from the original game have a lot more charm than those, will have to wait and see.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Couldn't you just wing it with your knowledge of Swedish? I'm pretty sure I know enough German to play this.
what?

hey you know italian so why don't you read some of this russian

seriously though I know a few german phrases but to play an RPG in german I'd need a fucking german lexicon or some shit and fuck that.
actually it would feel kinda oldschool like deciphering some weird fucking language to understand it but man the games of today have made my attention span destructive. it's like "this game fun?" after 5 mins and if no, I throw it away like it's moldy bread. so imagine trying to understand some german "uuuh gesprach..uhhh.. wha... uh... gesprack--" fuck that man I'd lose interest faster than microsoft stockholders

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Couldn't you just wing it with your knowledge of Swedish? I'm pretty sure I know enough German to play this.
what?

hey you know italian so why don't you read some of this russian

seriously though I know a few german phrases but to play an RPG in german I'd need a fucking german lexicon or some shit and fuck that.
actually it would feel kinda oldschool like deciphering some weird fucking language to understand it but man the games of today have made my attention span destructive. it's like "this game fun?" after 5 mins and if no, I throw it away like it's moldy bread. so imagine trying to understand some german "uuuh gesprach..uhhh.. wha... uh... gesprack--" fuck that man I'd lose interest faster than microsoft stockholders
Russian is a romance language? I know that my miserable Spanish helps me to navigate written Italian better. But I admit that I thought that Swedish and German were more similar, sorry.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
similar? yes, both are germanic languages. but it's like my hands are kinda similar to my feet. you need to practice quite a bit before you can properly use your feet to hold forks, play the piano, jack off etc.

perfect analogy

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Swedish and German are not that similar. It is not like Spanish and Portuguese where people can actually sort of understand each other.

Gord

Arcane
Russian is a romance language? I know that my miserable Spanish helps me to navigate written Italian better. But I admit that I thought that Swedish and German were more similar, sorry.

I can understand a bit of spoken spanish and guess some more written spanish from my knowledge of italian, but I have much more problems with swedish even though I'm a native german speaker...

bloodlover

Arcane
How was the exploration in the old game? Is this going to be a sandbox game? :oops:

Gord

Arcane
The old game (and the new one as well, I guess) featured an overland map (2D) for travelling between towns (3D).
Travelling was done by following roads or embarking on a ship, so you were restricted to (fixed) roads and shipping routes, though there usually existed several ways to reach most towns.
Sometimes the party would discover small detours that would lead to special destinations, like a small dungeon or such and it was possible to get random encounters along certain routes.
The game is not really a sandbox game, although you had a some freedom in how you approached the main quest - you got a few clues about people you were supposed to visit, which then would give you more clues. Basically a scavenger hunt.
Which people you visited first was up to you, however, and there was always the possibility to just travel around a bit and explore.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Exploration looks nice if a little generic. The combat graphics are pretty bad though. Still, looks interesting and like a proper remake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom