Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex vs. HiddenX

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope both sites will get 10K - I played my part in it ...

Gruia

Educated
anyway this is a good trend. next kickstarter i wont rush my pledge. That will really help the game.. as people with low pledges but high value will be able to do good work on the project. Nut like HiddenX , you throw the money and ignore all your responsabilities

BobtheTree

Savant
Just wait till the next big CRPG revival kickstarter comes and everyone is poor as hell because of this feud.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
The Codex makes this a feud, not the Watch - we are only collecting money for Larian in passive aggressive mode...

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh yeah, that's exactly why we do those things, right?

Especially when talking about Divinity games, which have already been filled to the brim with real world/internet forum references.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
I thought we put $ into this game because it is turn based and delivers an editor, with which many new mods/free games can be created like in NWN1.

Random

Arcane
Patron
No guys, this is when we lay down our sword and admit that we've been defeated. Discretion is the better part of valor.

I think what we've raised is plenty when you consider that our original goal was just $1,000.

MCA
Hey, HiddenX, since Watchwitz is down, how about you channel your gold here instead? Money is no good staying put, it needs to circulate. You might as well throw $75 on my behalf.

Plus, you're giving your money to a bunch of guys who can't even keep a website running. Who knows what will happen with all that money?

:troll:

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
I would give Myrthos the key to my house ...

I would give you ... handcuffs :)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey, HiddenX, since Watchwitz is down, how about you channel your gold here instead? Money is no good staying put, it needs to circulate. You might as well throw $75 on my behalf.

Plus, you're giving your money to a bunch of guys who can't even keep a website running. Who knows what will happen with all that money?

:troll:
So, how much have YOU donated, VotS?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't want to hate on HiddenX, because it would make us look bad, like we can't acknowledge defeat. But I must say, this is dirty business.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Actually the Codex grunts lost already!

Your fundraiser goes until May 12.
Larian accepts money via paypal only until May 10.

I think your Commanders want to spend the money in Las Vegas...

:mob:

Lumpenproletariat to arms!

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well it's ending up as a battle of rich dudes, that's quite sad.
Geez, Larian should just ignore the amount given by each side and make the whole Imps vs WatchTower thing an eternal battle where the hero can join forces with one of them, ignore the whole silly thing or just kill every single one of those sad creatures for massive bonus.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Heh, paypal... we'll just pile the money in a cart and deliver it to Larian ourselves, with some bros larping as caravan guards. Or so I heard.

Dhralei

Learned
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Even if the watch does manage to outspend the codex this time around, they still have to try and live down the fact that they messed up the Larian KS to start with and cost the studio who knows how much money...:troll:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
RPG Watch is down. Now is the time to strike!

Alternatively, we could always just not care and be proud of the fact that over the last eight months, 344 separate donors have contributed a total sum of approximately $40,000 for 6 different KickStarter projects (plus a new server for the Codex), including over $10,000 for Wasteland 2, just under $10,000 for Project Eternity and now almost another $10,000 for Divinity, while RPG Watch need to be reliant on one single user with a fat pay cheque to get their asses into gear in order to scrape together a respectable amount for just one project- while they apparently are "grown men" who "have jobs". :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom