Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Kipeci

Arcane
BAAB

Jester

Arbiter
Right forgotten about name maybe "Pupils of Abject True Hope".
We are strengthen by our search for purpose, we are the path.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Terran Liberation Front!
That name would put you in direct competition with the People's Front of Terra, the People's Liberation Front of Terra, the Terran Popular People's Front, the Popular Front of Terra as well as the Campaign for a Free Ankida.

Jester

Arbiter
I dislike religion. That's why. We should seek to enlighten them not merely control them. They must follow us on their own accord, not because religion states so.

Yes lets start Evil Overlord patch. We will provide our minions with enlightenment, improved living conditions, health care and sound retirement plan.

I would join in if the organization isn't build only on around particular people, rather than institutions, it does not depriving people of the chance to have a stake in the organization, focusing all of the organization’s efforts into a single goal and failing to consider alternatives, having no tolerance for failure or failing to learn from mistakes.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Henceforth, my brothers, our name shall be...

THE SEEKERS OF THE GOLDEN JAR
My brothers, our goal is clear: The CHILD is the last remnant of the lady Sekhenun. We shall right history's greatest wrong. The error that began humanity on the slow path of decline 4000 years ago. We will find the CHILD, we will decapitate it and put it in a jar. THERE CAN BE NO OTHER OUTCOME!

:mob:

B - OUR PEOPLE don't need drugs, they need SALVATION! Drugs would only offer them escape, we shall offer them FREEDOM. (The Higashi refugees should be among our greatest supporters. No need to drug them up.) Hadn't read treave post on drugs+religion... In short: DRUGS FOR THE FAITHFUL!

A - Flock to us, my people. We shall rebuild. (Again, we should be most favored among the refugees, let's build on that.)

A - KNEEL AND REPENT! (Worked before for the apostles...)

B - And so begins our jihad of the stars! For Muad'Dib--er, I mean Senya!

FOR THE JAR, MY BROTHERS!

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
I dislike religion. That's why. We should seek to enlighten them not merely control them. They must follow us on their own accord, not because religion states so.

:thumbsup:
A B B B
Let them choose to serve us. Working honestly but pragmatically we will bring a prestigious age of light and reason:obviously: to bear, with us at the forefront, honored and held above all. At least, that's the public image we want.

Kipeci

Arcane
Henceforth, my brothers, our name shall be...

THE SEEKERS OF THE GOLDEN JAR
My brothers, our goal is clear: The CHILD is the last remnant of the lady Sekhenun. We shall right history's greatest wrong. The error that began humanity on the slow path of decline 4000 years ago. We will find the CHILD, we will decapitate it and put it in a jar. THERE CAN BE NO OTHER OUTCOME!

:mob:

A - OUR PEOPLE don't need drugs, they need SALVATION! Drugs would only offer them escape, we shall offer them FREEDOM. (The Higashi refugees should be among our greatest supporters. No need to drug them up.)

B - Flock to us, my people. We shall rebuild. (Again, we should be most favored among the refugees, let's build on that.) Hadn't read treave post on drugs+religion... In short: DRUGS FOR THE FAITHFUL!

A - KNEEL AND REPENT! (Worked before for the apostles...)

B - And so begins our jihad of the stars! For Muad'Dib--er, I mean Senya!

FOR THE JAR, MY BROTHERS!
I have now seen the light thanks to excessive drug abuse your inspired insight, and have flopped accordingly!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I would like to point out that the option to feed drugs to the community is the first choice. The second choice involves where you focus your activities on.

I would like to point out that the option to feed drugs to the community is the first choice. The second choice involves where you focus your activities on.
Ak. Thanks for the save, bro. Was about to leave the house and didn't pay attention. :M

Edit: I just now noticed the "brolapse" button. *shudder*

Zwist

Learned
Well. We created our own post apocalypse. But we lack the mutated animals. Yet.

As for the choice: Why care for the rabble? Pecuniam non olet.

ABBA
And the name of our organisation?
Ohana.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Terra Nova, Terra Firma, Dies Irae, Mors Indecepta. I wish for something cool as a name.

Psh. You don't get much cooler that the Seekers of the Golden Jar, but whatever.

Well, I still like my name for our cult, but if you bros are dead set against that, I guess you could go with something boring like "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terran Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Space." One drawback with that: the abbreviation is "CLITORIS." Fitting, though...given that you're all a bunch of jar-hating pussies...
+M

Kayerts

Arcane
I was hoping that our decision to spare Kaito would cause Senya to kill another five billion people. :decline:

AAAB

1A: Seems obvious.
2A: Helping (Higashi) refugees has a nice synergy with 4B.
3A: God-Emperor of Mankind has a nicer ring to it than Dude-Emperor of Mankind. Going the religious path could put us on a collision course with the Council of Nine (refer to Shulgi's comments about the dangers of revealing himself), but see my suggestion below for my proposed initial target of our worship.
4B: Our name will attract attention from many friends, and our few enemies can't knock us much further down than leader of a child mob.

Name: I'd go with a Latin motto like "Deus Vult" or perhaps "Uterus Vult," but that doesn't make sense in a world with no Roman Empire. Apostles of the Golden Dick is solid. But since Ankida is to bear witness to our rise to power, why don't we use the imagery of an ancient Shinari myth? We want to present ourselves as the savior who will redeem the land from the desolation wrought by the terrorist Shulgi. There was another hero who gave his people hope when annihilation beckoned, who saved the land after the mythological Shulgi had drowned it. I think we should call our group the Legacy of Ean.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Little did Senya know that a prideful Kaito that never got over his butthurt would later set into motion the events that culminated in extinction of the human race...

Oh, you see! You all said it was insane to kill him. Theseus number 3 (sort of).

Rex Feral

Prophet
We could always kill him discreetly. We don't have to do it in front of others who might be shocked.

Well, if treave's telling us now, it's probably already too late. Didn't I tell you all you'd rue the day? Rue, I say! (p cool word, rue, imho)

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
Little did treave know, his minor trolling would set in motion enough paranoid codexian metagaming that they would later rationalize selling Senya to the masters as a tentacle body slave.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
1. A - 11, B - 3
2. A - 9, B - 5
3. A - 6, B - 8
4. A - 5, B - 9

Winning combination is AABB

Quick, brief update with quick, brief choices, can't expand it as much as I'd like.

House of Knowledge

"It looks like you've done really well for yourself."

Qin's pretty face fills the view-screen. She really hasn't changed much from the time we met, but I know I'm responsible for what she is orchestrating right now.

"Speak for yourself. I heard that your name is now known across the entire League. They're going to run out of zeroes to describe your album sales quite soon." I say.

"You have kept yourself informed. I'm surprised. What else do you know about me?"

"No less than sixteen scions of Star League political dynasties have proposed to you, but you have turned them all down."

"Of course," she says fiercely. "There's only one person that I'll ever love."

I suppress the memory of her forcibly, before her face floats into my mind. I'm getting good at it. I have to, if I want to win.

"I understand. Of course, it's just the cherry atop the pudding that your indecisive behaviour has galvanized these young bucks into supporting whatever pet cause you have so as to jockey for your favour."

Qin smiles. "Young bucks? You're about their age."

"I don't jockey." I shrug.

"No, I suppose you really wouldn't, would you?"

"What's the purpose of this call, then? You should have all the political power that you need to eventually push through your plan for an autonomous Earth."

"It's not that easy," she says sadly. "The rulers of the remaining Earth cities, led by Ankida's Governor have powerful backers. The President of the Federation is one of their most ardent supporters, and the Star League's ruling council are still on her side."

"That's what it's all about, isn't it? Getting one back over the President. If you manage to achieve autonomy for the terrestrials despite her clear stand against it, you score a point off her."

"She killed Kyrie. She's lucky to get off with just political humiliation, as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, I can't touch her in any other way."

I take a deep breath.

"Yes." I lie. "She killed her. That doesn't mean you should get too personal in the matter."

"You told me you loved her," says Qin, an accusing tone creeping into her voice. "Why won't you join me?"

"I haven't decided yet. Besides, you still haven't told me why you need my help."

"Are you kidding? You're famous now - just as famous as I am amongst us Earthlings. Your organization might still be little right now, but it's touched many, many refugees in Ankida. That's the sort of thing I have been trying to do but haven't managed to achieve. You can help us sway the refugees to our side - they might not be able to vote in the coming election but the sheer momentum of having such massive numbers will be able to nudge us towards victory."

I look at the view-screen, taking in every word she says. I do not reply, however.

"Listen, I know what your group has been teaching the refugees. No gods, no masters, no fate but what you make. The Federation has its eyes on you already. I can bet Julia is up there, just waiting for you to slip up so that she can justify a few attempts on your life."

"They may think what they want." I say, though I'm quite aware of the President's recent actions to keep me encircled and vulnerable to a preemptive strike should they ever think I've become too big of a threat. It's not like I'm defenseless, though. The conversation falls silent as I think it over. After a few minutes, I give Qin my reply.

"I'll think about offering you my support. I need to observe the situation further before committing my resources."

"That sounds just like you," she sighs, "But Frommen won't wait forever. I would love your support."

"I would love to support you, but I need to balance a few considerations. I'll let you know soon, Qin. I've got an urgent message coming in, so I'll call you back after I deal with this." I say with an air of finality, as I end the conversation. I have other plans for the Presidency of the United Federation of Nations, rather than putting our lackeys on the throne. Working with Qin might be one way to accomplish it, but there are other paths I can take.

"What's the emergency, Yua?" I ask.

"It's Kaito, Master." she says. After reawakening her she had reverted into her default, original behaviour, stating that from now on she's recognized I'll do as I please, and there's no point being strict with her own Master.

"Kaito is currently surrounded, together with Rina, at a street intersection five blocks down the street here."

"What happened?"

"Reports indicate that a gang calling themselves the Serpents attempted to capture Rina for some rather unsavoury purposes. They also have a grudge against us for constantly frustrating their efforts to introduce drugs into the resident community and then refusing their offer to franchise their drug operations to us."

"I suppose they were trying to capture Rina for leverage against us, and Kaito defended her?"

"Yes, Master. He's doing quite well, according to the informant we have in the crowd that has gathered there, but he can't hold out forever. The Serpents outnumber him greatly."

"How many Serpents are there?"

"About 30, Master."

"And the crowd of onlookers?"

"321, Master. Most of them are refugees."

The Serpents, as far as I could gather from the intelligence I have received, are backed by one of the oldest cartels operating in Ankida. They are not anything to really trifle with on a whim. Still...

A. Head to intervene and begin negotiating their withdrawal. If it pans out well, I might even gain more name recognition and support for my little house of knowledge amongst the refugee crowd for my bravery in speaking up.

B. Do not intervene; I am not risking my own life for a couple of brats who are probably insignificant in the long term.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom