Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Action RPG Mars: War Logs Released

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Mars: War Logs

A low-profile action RPG Mars: War Logs has been stealthily released today on digital platforms such as Steam and GamersGate. The game's trailer promises a choice-and-consequence-heavy gameplay and, naturally, lots of extreme action.

An Intense Cyberpunk Rpg On the Red Planet!

Mars War Logs takes you to Mars, nearly a century after the cataclysm that threw the planet and its colonists into chaos. Water has become the most precious resource on the arid red planet, with a few companies fighting a perpetual war for its control.

In the middle of this struggle, play as Roy, a renegade with multiple talents who finds himself dragged in an epic story where every choice counts. Develop your character and your combat style by choosing among many skills and perks: melee, ranged combat, stealth, or the devastating Technomants powers.

Craft armors and weapons, recruit companions to help you in your quest, and plunge in a thrilling adventure offering a huge variety of quests. In dynamic, real-time combat, face formidable opponents and the most fearsome creatures of Mars. The fate of all colonies of Mars now lies in your hands…​

The price is $19.99/€19.99. If somebody decides to give it a try, please share your impressions with the rest of us.

Thanks to Multi-headed Cow for spotting this.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is from Spiders, the same developer as Of Orcs and Men. Or rather, one of the developers, because Cyanide is not involved (for better or worse) this time.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It does seem interesting, so I'll certainly have a look. Well, after I'm finished with (or bored by) Eador.

Same developers who created Of Orcs And Men. While that game had its shortcomings, I really liked the story and played through that game in one or two runs, as I just wanted to see how the story continues :)

A user named cat

That dialogue. Just... lol

4aRkCGU.jpg

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
It looks cool but most importantly, the setting has a lot of potential. I don't get my hopes too high but I will certainly try it. :thumbsup:

Gruia

Educated
its pretty fun. skill tree is good
plot is ok
voice acting is meh
lipsync is bad
writing is hit or miss, some are cool others are awful
combat is a bit too fast
stealth works ok
party , although you can control it, doesn't do much

bear in mind I haven't finished Chapter 1 yet .

oh, and the game theme song is awesome.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
C&C!!

!

!!

(Also, Mars! The last game I played that let me explore Mars was Space 1889. An incredibly crappy game, though, so if this one is at least a fraction better I'm gonna declare it good for what it is.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
C&C!!

!

!!

(Also, Mars! The last game I played that let me explore Mars was Space 1889. An incredibly crappy game, though, so if this one is at least a fraction better I'm gonna declare it good for what it is.)

No Martian Dreams? :rpgcodex:

Drowed

Arcane
its pretty fun. skill tree is good
plot is ok
voice acting is meh
lipsync is bad
writing is hit or miss, some are cool others are awful
combat is a bit too fast
stealth works ok
party , although you can control it, doesn't do much

bear in mind I haven't finished Chapter 1 yet .

oh, and the game theme song is awesome.

Hum. Sounds like something vaguely interesting. Since I haven't seen any new RPG these days (the last one I remember playing recently was Witcher 2)... Perhaps it will be interesting to play something new. What can you tell me about the world? The quests are interesting, or just something basic? From what you've played so far, it's (or seems to be) absurdly linear in progression, or you can explore and discover new things to do?

Speaking of stealth ... It can be used to achieve goals differently? There are several different ways to achieve any goal or does the game "force" you to follow the same path everytime? Perhaps the best comparison is with Deus Ex: Human Revolution, since both games seem similar. How would you compare both? Not in the technical aspect, but the characters, quests, goals... These things.

Thanks for any answer you can give me!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Always concerns me when a publisher puts a $20 budget price on one of their games... see, e.g., Paradox.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Always concerns me when a publisher puts a $20 budget price on one of their games... see, e.g., Paradox.
The Realms of Arkania games debuted as $20 budget titles.

This looks pretty cool, I'll check this out when I get some time. The writing seems pretty atrocious but that's kind of why you play games like these anyway. Looking forward to this.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Three hours in. I'm really enjoying it. Combat seems balanced between Fighter/Mage/Rogue, kinda interesting story. So glad to not have dragons n' swords. Most dialogue is, indeed, really amateurish.

A little buggy (movement is consoleized, loading times slow even on my beastly PC).

I'd recommend a buy. So far, Good For What It Is.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The Realms of Arkania games debuted as $20 budget titles.

That was twenty years ago.

Yes, it would be much better if shitty games... cost more.

You're not following me. Typically a publisher will jack up the prices. Rarely do you see them set $20 price points. Developers without publishers, sure. But games with a publisher? Usually a warning flag that they realize they can't charge more than $20 base for a shitty game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom