Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #13: Animated Screenshot, Final Stretch Goals

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No offence to anyone, but some of these stretchgoals suck. They lack imagination. "longer story, even more tides (maybe too much), expanded length, more music". Maybe it is just me, but they don't give me an urge to increase my pledge.

More tides is awesome. It means more re-playability. What would you add to make it interesting, as a stretch goal I mean?
More tides is good, but 11 would be enough. I want them to have real impact on the story, and the more you have, the more work you need for them to be impactful. What would I do as a stretch goal? Maybe new factions, new game modes (like PE).

grdja

Augur
Three more days. I don't think my and buddies 45 bucks will help it reach 4 million. Told you so much, to be bashed for it by all including codexian InXile employee.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
CCmC said:
I promise I won't every write it again.
:lol:

I'll hold you to that Colin, if I ever see you writing the complete book of elves *shakes fist*

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
That video is so damn sexy jesus christ.

Really want that bonus city and companion quests. Let's do this internet!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
In before more butthurt that this isn't a good apology either. :lol:

Still fucking hilarious that some people were actually offended that he didn't beg forgiveness on his knees.

majestik12

Arcane
Update: Something that wasn't mentioned in the Kickstarter update was the reveal of a new member of Torment's writing team - author Natalie Whipple.

Natalie Whipple said:
My favorite areas of the nerd realm include anime, Korean dramas, good cheese, and playing mmorpgs with my family.

Yay! Just what this project needs! Asians produce a lot of weird stuff, so I really hope Natalie will bring along some of that awesome craziness...

NOT
:mob:

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I have my doubts they will reach four million doritos at this point. Very unlike in the land of rich corps. that have endless streaming rivers of Mountain Dew, for most of us the amount we can spend on the promises of a good game are finite, and nearly everyone interested in roleplaying games with doritos in hand have given some incline.

hiver

new fathom is up.

4KuTdDO.jpg

SCHWIINNGG!

Murk

Arcane
So... Obsidian. Where that animating screenshot at?

Video looks great, love the music.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I bet Fargo is prepared to sell his soul to the Devil just to gather more money than Project Eternity did.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I bet Fargo is prepared to sell his soul to the Devil just to gather more money than Project Eternity did.
Heh.

Project Eternity was at 3.371m with 24 hours left. We're at 3.370 with about 75 hours left. Three full days to match their final day :P

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
Fuck man, at this point I'm pretty sure I must have suffered a massive stroke a few months ago, all of this is just a dream and i'm just laying in a blissful vegetative state in a puddle of my own feces as a nurse comes and wipes my ass on the daily...there is simply no way so much incline is possible in the 21st century.

I'm certain 2008 me would slap myself for even suggesting such a crpg renaissance was even possible.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck man, at this point I'm pretty sure I must have suffered a massive stroke a few months ago, all of this is just a dream and i'm just laying in a blissful vegetative state in a puddle of my own feces as a nurse comes and wipes my ass on the daily...there is simply no way so much incline is possible in the 21st century.

I'm certain 2008 me would slap myself for even suggesting such a crpg renaissance was even possible.

Or it could be something altogether more sinister...

kaizoku

Arcane
4.5 mil. player house? Really? :decline:

EDIT: But still, great update. Definitely would like to see that oasis-city.
And that Calculating Jack looks great.

They never said it's going to be an Oblivion alike house.

It would be idiotic of doing such a thing with a setting like Numenera.

Instead, think of a pocket plane or delving into the subconscious of your mind.

No offence to anyone, but some of these stretchgoals suck. They lack imagination. "longer story, even more tides (maybe too much), expanded length, more music". Maybe it is just me, but they don't give me an urge to increase my pledge.

For me the stretch goals don't mean much.
The more money they get, the better the game will end up to be (hopefully). I'm giving as much as I can.

But I see where you're getting at.
I personally don't like that idea of an Oasis city. Seems forced. But ok. I trust them.
IMO they should have went with "a major city like Atlanka in Baldur's Gate 2". (assuming they could do it) That would sell nicely.

ceics

Novice
Patron
MRY said:
The venerable tradition of the Codex is to love the past, hope for the future, and hate the present.​

Needs to be changed. Present day will soon be paradise on earth for us damned fools that have waited decades for games like these to return.

Captain Shrek

I have my doubts they will reach four million doritos at this point. Very unlike in the land of rich corps. that have endless streaming rivers of Mountain Dew, for most of us the amount we can spend on the promises of a good game are finite, and nearly everyone interested in roleplaying games with doritos in hand have given some incline.
I think it will reach 4M.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Already did with his distribution deals with EA. Needs a higher power now, and judging by the the Labyrinth image that's what he's going for.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Real happy they are going big with the stretch goals,and not just stop at 4 mil. They are all great, well apart from the 'player house' but could be a good way to bring extra cash in.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So they hired an as-of-yet-unpublished weeaboo YA author from Utah to help write this? That's some very bizarre nepotism. Lesifoere isn't going to be happy.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The temptation... Can't resist... Pledge updated... :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom