Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Polygon reports on Might & Magic X Legacy at PAX East, game to be released in September

Ehon Asko

Novice
No scifi elements.:x

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
25 hours for a blobber is ridiculous, have a look on modern japanese blobbers , it certainly took me a lot more than 25 hours to finish devil survivor, etrian odissey , dark spire , those DS games did not have a collossal budget either . I cant believe people here defending that .

Yeah and look at the latest impressions where the guy mentions 23 dungeons. So that's a dungeon per hour tops, probably for retards. People raised on these games would go through quicker no doubt. Maybe for a 'My first crawler' it's ok, shoveled together with some audio shooters and shadow puppet platformers in a Humble Indie Bundle,but as a godly successor to M&M?
This is you people assuming all dungeons are required to finish the game and work on a linear from one to the next fashion.

Gozma

Arcane
Game is still skating by on one "they haven't said anything that means it will definitely be shitty" pubewidth of confidence

tindrli

Arcane
For Heroes 6, Ubisoft offered private, VIP forums to the game's most dedicated players. Like Heroes 6, Might and Magic X Legacy is being developed with an "actively involved" community, said Le Breton. Limbic and Ubisoft showed their fans early concept art and design ideas, and solicited their feedback by letting them vote on features.

i dont wana know

Stabwound

Arcane
23 dungeons is roughly the same as the early MM games. That reddit guy's impressions make me feel pretty good about the game. I don't see how it's going to suck unless it's REALLY dumbed down to levels that even granny could play it, and I don't see that happening.

In all honesty, I don't think any first playthrough of MM3-5 (I haven't played 1-2 :oops:) took me much longer than maybe ~30-40 hours per game as a rough estimate, although I could be way off. You can play those ones pretty quickly, especially when it takes you literally about 15 seconds to run from one end of the overland map to the other on a modern computer.

I guess we'll see.

Gozma

Arcane
MM3-5 are all pretty short and are legit nonlinear enough to potentially be truly short, like 5-6 hours, even for a new player, if they just skipped everything that smelled like a side quest. There are IIRC 30 endgame-related plot items in MM3 you can find, and you only need 10 of them to start the (also short) endgame. The stuff that makes MM2 take longer are completely terrible endless combats, not stuff to do.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The stuff that makes MM2 take longer are completely terrible endless combats, not stuff to do.

I don't quite get this objection against MM2. It really doesn't have that much random encounters.
The game scales quantity of monsters to your level, so if you constantly meet 255 enemies you probably brought it on yourself by grinding those Cuisinarts.

BTW, didn't I just see you skulking about in the basement under Lord British's castle?

Wizfall

Cipher
It's a shame that game journalists can come with decent info about the game.
The fact that an anonymous give us way more important and clever information is ridiculous.
This is absolutely not a critic of alien13ufo which provide us very relevant info, it's just we should not have to exclusively rely to good guys like him.
Seriously it's exasperating.

Gozma

Arcane
I don't quite get this objection against MM2. It really doesn't have that much random encounters.
The game scales quantity of monsters to your level, so if you constantly meet 255 enemies you probably brought it on yourself by grinding those Cuisinarts.

I can't really clearly remember to be honest, I replayed MM2 for the first time in a very long while before doing a 3-5 playthrough for the first time a few years ago and I feel like I spent the last half of the game or so constantly hacking through shit fights trying to get through those mazes under the castles to finish the fucking thing. The combat was totally uninteresting and took a while, compared to MM3-5 where combat is totally uninteresting and instantaneous.

Luzur

Good Sir
For Heroes 6, Ubisoft offered private, VIP forums to the game's most dedicated players. Like Heroes 6, Might and Magic X Legacy is being developed with an "actively involved" community, said Le Breton. Limbic and Ubisoft showed their fans early concept art and design ideas, and solicited their feedback by letting them vote on features.

i dont wana know

now, i wonder what kind of "fans" they showed these early concept art and design ideas to, it sure wasnt me or any other veteran "Doesnt-Dodge-a-Fireball" Might and Magic fans, thats for sure.

tindrli

Arcane

i dont wana know

now, i wonder what kind of "fans" they showed these early concept art and design ideas to, it sure wasnt me or any other veteran "Doesnt-Dodge-a-Fireball" Might and Magic fans, thats for sure.

cant agree more mr. Luzur... cant agree more

Giskard

Augur
And if even 2 or 3 of those 23 dungeons are as lengthy as the Grimrock dungeon, then that would push the hour count up a fair bit, and if they can make them more challenging than Grimrock by removing the combat mambo, that would be awesome!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There will be hirelings. You can have two in your party at once. They don't fight with you, just provide your party with a bonus. For a price of course.
Paying for familiars? How strange.

Mortmal

Arcane
No blasters ,no sci fi, so removing what is making might and magic different from other settings. Its true it must be extremely daring and bold to put a few robots and space ship texture for the end game. There's probably no roasted peasants and no weirdness either.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
That's just from the PAX demo though. The goofy charm of M&M (and hopefully the sci-fi elements! so refreshing) may still be there. I hope. Please.

Stabwound

Arcane
They're just using their shitty Ashan setting that all of the MM games take place in these days. But yeah, it's generic as all hell and there's really no hope of anything goofy or off the wall, IMO.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm disappointed about the lack of sci-fi elements - I'm not a sci-fi fan at all, but that was what gave M&M a unique flavour when compared to games with more generic settings. It's not a huge deal, though. Most of the other stuff the Reddit dude wrote seems pretty reasonable to me, i.e. the game is still looking like it might not be complete shit. :)

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sounds like an adequate time spent to judge a 100-hour game.

You've got to give her props for at least trying the game before judging.

So you were calling it Derp Souls before you knew anythiing about it?
I saw the videos. The combat is terrible. But so is Witcher 2. I was only comparing between them.
You can tell the combat is terrible because you watched a video and never played it?
Yes.
:kingcomrade:

tindrli

Arcane
Wasn't that how it was in M&M 6? 9 as well, I believe. My memory is hazy.
Is that a Sawyer game? No? There's your answer.
I played M&M 6 for about an hour before coming to the conclusion that it was total shit.

im replaying it for a ... shit i cant even remember how many times before.. and its a bliss compared to the shit that we get nowadays

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom