Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Lord British Kickstarter coming up - "Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues"

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
0694f0e31982404417f9a8f69f1a7df3_large.png

CC_february_shot_04.jpg

:hmmm:

AC Sleighter

Novice
Was saving a little money this week in case Garriott surprised. Might be upping my Torment pledge instead now.

Wish I could up my Shadowrun pledge.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So, a true RPG experience by Lord British is an ugly Neverwinter Nights DM world, third-person based combat, housing and junk like maps and trinkets which you'll have to buy outside of the game.

No thanks. Go back into your grave, Lord British.

Avantre

Educated
Funding is going up fairly quickly - this will almost certainly make it (whether we want it to or not)

Kahlis

Cipher
"We are crafting logically constructed, internally consistent, socially relevant stories for the player to explore."

PiSkLfQ.png

:troll:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Nearly 90K now. Seems like this one will get funded too. I really have no idea where it will end up relative to the codex favorite kickstarters.
There are a lot of Ultima Online fans out there.

Shadenuat

Arcane
This must not be funded before he apologises for Ultima IX and will promise to finish Avatar story. Otherwise that would just mean there is no justice in this forsaken world.

Kz3r0

Arcane
The worst part is that it'll still probably get sufficient funding from the Ultima Online crowd, so he has no reason to step back and consider even for a moment the possibility that he doesn't get what oldschool RPGs are about.
it angers me how badly this guy just doesn't get it. Even remotely.
Sorry, but who isn't getting it is you, first, Lord British can fulfill his lrping needs by becoming the King of his ideal country, second, if this is successful it will become a fat cash cow, why he should care about single player games making millions when he's aiming at a constant stream of revenue?
Face it, this is Garriott dream game, both as a gamer and entrepreneur.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kill the thief
(+1 Virtue)

KS will be probably funded, not that quick as Torment, but in time it will gather the necessary amount. Too bad it's not SP-only, not interested in this.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does he not spend a million dollars every day before breakfast? Why does he kickstart this instead of funding it with his spare change? o_O

catfood

AGAIN
I hope this piece of shit won't affect TTON's kicstarter.

It would be a shame if people fell for Gariott's scheme.

Instead of Fargo's

:troll:

Ehon Asko

Novice
That live stream was basicly him saying "Me me me me Lord British me me me I I I me me me."

Fatty

Augur
Was it clear anywhere whether the game is a one-time purchase or if you had to pay a monthly subscription? I can still see giving it a roll in the hay if I just have to buy it once. If I have to buy it monthly I'm out.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Oh fuck this, it's like The Sims Medieval meets an MMO. Apparently it can be played single player/offline, but playing single player MMOs doesn't interest me. Meh. :decline:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Oh fuck this, it's like The Sims Medieval meets an MMO. Apparently it can be played single player/offline, but playing single player MMOs doesn't interest me. Meh. :decline:
they have at least one the Sims developer on the team (as seen in the "past experience of team" image). it was made obvious in the world map reveal too, when the trees and towns "popped up" in a cartoony way. I actually saw that first and though "how very the sims" and then I saw the image.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Yeah, when I read the thing about housing being an important aspect and having to pay taxes, I groaned. It seems like they're coming from the ultra-LARPy new school of RPGs. Doesn't really surprise me though given that Garriott's entire life is basically a LARP. Whatever, idiots who enjoy larping farmers in Skyrim and ESO players will probably like this. I'll give it a chance when it's released but if the single player element is lacking and it's obviously designed around the multiplayer (as I suspect it will be) then I'm not interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom