Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA working hard to relieve you of your hard earned monies

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I can imagine braindeads actually defending such bullshits.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The question is what will the dying monster drag down with itself in its dying throes. Which of your favourite franchises will get raped MONETIZED in a desperate attempt to cling to a life fast failing. And when the behemoth's carcass finally hits the ground what unspeakable evils will crawl from it's rotten insides.
They're not going to die, they're going to be devoured by a bigger evil. So say hello to CEO Mickey Mouse in a couple of years.

Tytus

Arcane
I can imagine braindeads actually defending such bullshits.

EA wants gaming to be cloud based. No physical copies, everything done through Origin etc. So they can even find an excuse like this one - The game because of it's size and high graphics has very large save files, that must be stored on their servers (for customer convenience of course). So it's only natural that players have to pay for the server maintenance. 

And pretty soon you would have braindeads calling people who want free saving, entitled, childish and not understanding the realities of cloud gaming.

Tytus

Arcane
Rasputin
I wouldn't be so sure, they have some yummy yummy IP.

So they would just buy their IPs from under them. Without actually buying the company. But I think EA would be holding to DICE for their lifes even in the face of bankruptcy. Battlefield franchise is just too much of a cashcow right now.

Chrio

Novice
microtransactions, dlc shit, last ea game i bought is four years ago

but im really interested in which morons Keep them alive and buy their shitty games

on the other Hand, i think sim City is very interesting, BUT day one dlc´s, something about an ingame shop, no thx ea, put it into your ass

Jashiin

Arcane
And sports.

Does EA face any opposition these days trying to secure those licenses ?

Regdar

Arcane
I respect a successful conman's entrepreneurial spirit, but if history teaches us anything it's that the worst mistake a conman can make is stay in the game long enough to see himself charged with tax evasion. Let's see if that Italian stallion, Riccitello, is as sharp as he looks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Guess I'm thankful that EA doesn't own the rights to any franchise I'm even remotely interested in playing.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And sports.

Does EA face any opposition these days trying to secure those licenses ?
I think EA still has more cash than any for licenses, but 2k has thrashed EA so thoroughly in basketball, EA gave up making NBA Live.

Tytus

Arcane
Fifa titles are graphics patches anyway these days. I hope they'd die and something better would take it's place. (as if)

but im really interested in which morons Keep them alive and buy their shitty games

on the other Hand, i think sim City is very interesting, BUT day one dlc´s, something about an ingame shop, no thx ea, put it into your ass

Yeah, I have somewhat of a problem with Sim City 5 (yes five, I refuse calling it like the first one, also Societies didn't happen) My mother is Sim City/Sims fan so I will probably buy a copy for her. I would pirate it, but she is only versed in potato-speak and does not like when her pirated copy has some language problems. But she that means she'll be milked when every expansion comes along. Just as she was milked with the Sims series.

Regdar

Arcane
Yeah, I have somewhat of a problem with Sim City 5 (yes five, I refuse calling it like the first one, also Societies didn't happen) My mother is Sim City/Sims fan so I will probably buy a copy for her. I would pirate it, but she is only versed in potato-speak and does not like when her pirated copy has some language problems. But she that means she'll be milked when every expansion comes along. Just as she was milked with the Sims series.

How about we don't talk about (EA) milking your mother?

Chrio

Novice
Fifa titles are graphics patches anyway these days. I hope they'd die and something better would take it's place. (as if)

crappy Situation, but i understand you

i never pirated games in my live, before i pirate it i would pay for it

perhaps sim City 10 Comes to its old strengths without dlc´s and ingame Shops whatever

same Problem with the new comand and conquer, ea makes a shitty pay 2 win game ( as i read in a german Magazine )

for a reatail normal comand and conquer i would buy it immediately, but this shit, nah, sad Thing

argh theres a new anno too, fp2 browser shit, same crap with Age of empires online, what the hell is going on with the industry?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
:: adds to the ever-growing list of reasons to never buy an EA game again ::

Not like they needed another one.

Monocause

Arcane
Do you have any idea how much money it costs to make a modern AAA game? I prefer paying 60$ for a game and then having the choice of paying more for features I like instead of paying 100$ for everything and then not enjoying some optional content. It's better for the consumers and the developers have money to make future titles. They aren't doing it for free, you know. Piracy kills gaming, if so many people wouldn't have stolen it then the prices would be lower.

... just wait for this sort of kwan consumerism victim argumentation to start floating on the net. Then just wait for me to go apeshit with a chainsaw and kill everyone.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Do you have any idea how much money it costs to make a modern AAA game? I prefer paying 60$ for a game and then having the choice of paying more for features I like instead of paying 100$ for everything and then not enjoying some optional content. It's better for the consumers and the developers have money to make future titles. They aren't doing it for free, you know. Piracy kills gaming, if so many people wouldn't have stolen it then the prices would be lower.

... just wait for this sort of kwan consumerism victim argumentation to start floating on the net. Then just wait for me to go apeshit with a chainsaw and kill everyone.

First i was like :what: but then i was like :bro:

Micmu

Magister

:dead: :5/5::4/5:

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity

Woah there brother $60 is too little for a game! EA righteously wants $70 per new title

MetalCraze

Arcane

also no savegames

new SimCity is an MMO

... just wait for this sort of kwan consumerism victim argumentation to start floating on the net.
You haven't been on the internet for the past few years

Then just wait for me to go apeshit with a chainsaw and kill everyone.
Yep. It's your time bro

Ermm

Erudite
Skyway, tell me again about the great big publishers and their games, and how all indie games suck's, and that big publishers like EA are the future.

Or, even better, tell me about the great big publisher games released in 2012.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

11517.jpg

Tytus

Arcane

Woah there brother $60 is too little for a game! EA righteously wants $70 per new title

Mass Effect 3 if you wanted to have a complete launch title was actually 70$ (The Javik DLC crap) They are already doing it. But are trying to hide it with "additional" content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom