Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS4 launch titles

deuxhero

Arcane
I just realized something: PS4's archtecture will make ports from PC easier, but what about the other way around?

Tigranes

Arcane
Sorry, if I want to graphics whore I'll wait for Witcher 3. Or, um, play Witcher 2. :)

God they all look so boring.

deuxhero

Arcane
I wonder if any of the good Japanese game makers (Atlus, Acquire, Gust, though Acquire is the only one I don't have heavy doubts about actually going next gen) will take advantage of it though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah I mean, buy a decent gaming PC, do this:

Gamesblb73f6.png

And enjoy all your favorite titles from all the good systems that ever existed, plus the limitless uses a PC can have...

...or buy a PS4. Tough choice uh, Jesus fucking Christ gamers are retarded
Or grow some brain and if you have money, buy a PS4 next to you PC. Because HOLY SHIT, PC and PS4 can co-exist in a room.

Cool name

Arcane

Gamesblb73f6.png

And enjoy all your favorite titles from all the good systems that ever existed, plus the limitless uses a PC can have...

Do say that again when they have PS3 emulators that do run at full speed with full compatibility. And PS4 ones as well. Even today there are PS2 and Wii games that you do need to hunt for obscure old releases to even run at all, and they do run like bleep when they do.

I will get a PS4 when it is out. Most of the games that did come out and I did really enjoy these last two generations did come out on consoles first, if not only. And I do not really like the direction in which PC exclusives do seem to be going lately. Only one currently out worth a bleep is Dwarf Fortress and I do not really have the time for it anymore. Then there's the new Torment game, Maia, and War for the Overworld in the future. Yay. That and a few indie horror games and doujin shmups that do run in a toaster if you let them.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Or grow some brain and if you have money, buy a PS4 next to you PC. Because HOLY SHIT, PC and PS4 can co-exist in a room.
As if there is enough time to play hundreds of PC games and emulators and a PS4. why not go the cheapass way?

Machocruz

Arcane
The good games on PS3 were:

The two Souls games
Vanquish
Bayonetta
Disgaea 3.
Dragon's Dogma

And Dark Souls is on PC, Disgaea 2 (PS2) is good enough, which leaves three games for giving a shit about PS3 or PS3 emulation. Nintendo had to save Bayonetta, so that won't be on PS4, a Vanquish sequel is not likely, Disgaea 2 will still be good enough, no hint of a Souls game for next gen, which leaves Dragon's Dogma which may be represented by Deep Down. One whole game to look forward too. With game design trends as they are, PS4 may be even worse. Not looking too good. Better off getting a WiiU, at least that will have Monster Hunter and Bayonetta 2, and cross fingers for decent Metroid.

Or just be smart and put more money in your computer where you already can find enough good stuff to last until post-crash. Or even better, don't even spend money on upgrading your computer since AAA is now synonymous with shit.

Machocruz

Arcane
To be fair, my own PS3 has been quite useful...but that's because I want to play stuff like BF3 and I'm too broke right now to upgrade from Windows XP, not because of compelling console exclusive software.

deuxhero

Arcane
The good games on PS3 were:

The two Souls games
Vanquish
Bayonetta
Disgaea 3.
Dragon's Dogma

And Dark Souls is on PC, Disgaea 2 (PS2) is good enough, which leaves three games for giving a shit about PS3 or PS3 emulation. Nintendo had to save Bayonetta, so that won't be on PS4, a Vanquish sequel is not likely, Disgaea 2 will still be good enough, no hint of a Souls game for next gen, which leaves Dragon's Dogma which may be represented by Deep Down. One whole game to look forward too. With game design trends as they are, PS4 may be even worse. Not looking too good. Better off getting a WiiU, at least that will have Monster Hunter and Bayonetta 2, and cross fingers for decent Metroid.

Or just be smart and put more money in your computer where you already can find enough good stuff to last until post-crash. Or even better, don't even spend money on upgrading your computer since AAA is now synonymous with shit.

You forgot play Atelier Totori/Meruru (and soon Ayesha), Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza 3-5, Way of the Samurai, Disgaea 4, Demon's Souls (both are very much worth playing), MGSHDC.

Chrio

Novice

Gamesblb73f6.png

no, bacause my pc would kill it with fire, the ps4 not my brain :D

srsly i have to support pc developers and pc gaming overall with my money, because its important for future developement of the pc platform itself

i used to play on consoles long time ago, but nowadays its not worth paying 70 euro for a game you will finish in 5 - 10 hours ( sure there are options you will get console games cheaper from different shops )

but dont understand me wrong guyes, console games are pretty much the same overall, you pay for it alot, have 5 hours fun and then throw it in the closet, i only buy games which i think they will have a good future support and a long time fun factor and a overall playtime above 10 hours, perhaps mod support too

before ill buy a ps4 with killzone 4 for 500 to 600 euros i would by a new gpu, it costs the half, and for the rest of the money i can buy 50 games from steam sale

Machocruz

Arcane
You forgot play Atelier Totori/Meruru (and soon Ayesha), Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza 3-5, Way of the Samurai, Disgaea 4, Demon's Souls (both are very much worth playing), MGSHDC.

Dark Souls alone is good enough if you're looking for excuses not to buy a console. I thought the Disgaea on PS3 was the third one, so yeah 4 is good. Yakuza games are pretty sweet (I own 2 and 3), but not must have and the PS2 ones are good enough, same with Way of the Samurai. MGSHDC is a waste of funds if you can emulate the original versions. Atelier games might be good, but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole; Disgaea is about all the loli/moe/whatever I can stand. And Valkyria I forgot about even though I usually consider it among the handful worth paying for.

All this also just proves my point that the Japanese can into console games better than western barbarians, as a general rule.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nier and Deadly Premonition are highly recommended console exclusive games that I recommend everyone experience at least once in their life. Especially Nier is really something beautiful and special; something I will not easily forget and cherish until I am much, much older.

deuxhero

Arcane

Dark Souls alone is good enough if you're looking for excuses not to buy a console. I thought the Disgaea on PS3 was the third one, so yeah 4 is good. Yakuza games are pretty sweet (I own 2 and 3), but not must have and the PS2 ones are good enough, same with Way of the Samurai. MGSHDC is a waste of funds if you can emulate the original versions. Atelier games might be good, but I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole; Disgaea is about all the loli/moe/whatever I can stand. And Valkyria I forgot about even though I usually consider it among the handful worth paying for.

All this also just proves my point that the Japanese can into console games better than western barbarians, as a general rule.

You speak like you can have enough video games.

Dual analog Peace Walker alone is worth the collection. The improvement from just that is huge.

Disgaea 3 (which is the worst in the series) and 4 (good) are both PS3.

Of course "I won't touch good games with a ten foot pole" alone invalidates your entire post.

Fucking annoying. I've seen it for cheap at a nearby store. Come back a few days later to buy it, and all the games in that shelf have been sent somewhere else to make room for 30 boxes of Diablo 3 and the last WoW expansion.

Yeah I could buy it online but I wanna come out of the store holding the boooooooxxxxxxxxxxx

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom