Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It had something like 20 hotkeys though, and you could use any skills your character had unlocked. Don't be a retard.
Except for the F-keys which you could use to bind skills, Diablo 3 has the exact same amount of hotkeys... it also has q for potions, which diablo 2 didn't.

Except for? Hurrdurr. D2 allowed you to rebind 20 hotkeys or something around that (yes, that means away from the F-keys and to wherever you need them). That means that any skill can be used at any given time, so long as you have a functional cortex-flexor digitorum pathway.

Also, you could bind any of the four potion slots in D2 to a hotkey. That's where my F-keys usually ended up. It also had 4 potions slots, which (again) D3 decided was too complex for modern gameplay.

Psquit

Arcane
I realize that my fellow PC-master race
GTFO, dont mix me with that Yahtzee bullshit meme. I paid for diablo 3, like the rest. Singleplayer didnt exist if you didnt connect to the servers and The horrible quality of the storyline was retarded it makes starcraft 2 look like a masterpiece...

The PvP, they delay one of the things that keep games like diablo 3 alive... because once you beat the game you want to beat the shit of some one on pvp, but to be honest i wont even bother with it, because i know some PAYPAL NECKBEARD THAT SPEND 100 bucks in his whole set will beat the shit out of me...

The fuckers even nerf the amount of loot drop from bosses or chests... fucking nazis.
Then you are a fool for buying into the hype, and not informing yourself about the story, and even more retarded for not knowing that you can't play offline, which has only been mentioned a trillion times prior to release and you are given a warning on top of it before buying, which was apparently the most important to you. You have only yourself to blame, I know that you like to justify yourself by calling blizzard nazis and calling yourself a victim of a scam, but you really aren't. Also, the fucking nazis has buffed the loot drops overall since release, so yeah. FUCKING NAZIS!

i buy it like a week after release, hardly a hype purchase... an when i played that game loots were nerfs, bosses gave less money, etc. Dont care if they buff it after a year of release...

Chrio

Novice
i havent read the whole thread but imo the biggest problem of the game is the auctionhouse, because its making the point of the game obsolete, finding items, therefore they have made a extrem low droprate on items

the areas could have been also bigger, also the skill system could have more tweaks, stats which can be chosen by the player

something went terrible wrong in 2008 during the development of the game, as they deceidet they integrate an auctionhouse, make a skillsystem or what that thing is called right now and skip alot of things like the enchantress ec.

overall missing the dark atmosphere from the first two games, but ok, it is what it is

i prefer poe a 1000 times

Multi-headed Cow

Hadn't played in ages. Reinstalled on a whim. Clicked a few monsters in inferno, and it seemed like they either made things harder (Unlikely) or they rejiggered barbarian stuff at some point so it's less effective than it was. Used to be able to breeze through act 1 inferno with no trouble with worse gear than what I'm using now (Gold AH seems flooded with gear so I was able to pick up a few nice things like this sword for cheap) but now I occasionally have to make an effort.

Anyone who still plays this for whatever reason wanna throw some pro-solo inferno barbarian tips at me? I kinda feel like I should kill inferno Diablo just because. If you wanna recommend gear to me keep in mind I've only got about 4.5 million gold so I can't buy the absolutely crazy good stuff. And if possible I'd like to click stuff dead and keep moving, I've seen some horrifying videos where someone solos inferno by kiting a single group of monsters around for 5 minutes and continues on. I haven't got near the patience for that.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Squee-1210/hero/5623410

And if nobody has protips that's perfectly understandable. I'm already kinda considering deleting the game again since I mostly sated my curiosity, only reason I'm mildly tempted to make a run at inferno Diablo is because the gold AH seems to have such cheap prices now that I theoretically should be able to take him on. Theoretically.

abija

Prophet
Anyone who still plays this for whatever reason wanna throw some pro-solo inferno barbarian tips at me? I kinda feel like I should kill inferno Diablo just because. If you wanna recommend gear to me keep in mind I've only got about 4.5 million gold so I can't buy the absolutely crazy good stuff. And if possible I'd like to click stuff dead and keep moving, I've seen some horrifying videos where someone solos inferno by kiting a single group of monsters around for 5 minutes and continues on. I haven't got near the patience for that.

And if nobody has protips that's perfectly understandable. I'm already kinda considering deleting the game again since I mostly sated my curiosity, only reason I'm mildly tempted to make a run at inferno Diablo is because the gold AH seems to have such cheap prices now that I theoretically should be able to take him on. Theoretically.
Cheapest barb to solo inferno is sword and board. Search for stormshield, vile ward, mara's kaleidoscope, band of hollow whispers with 100k or 200k max buyout. Get 2 of blackthorne's and 2 immortal king's (3 and 3 is good too if you find cheap), get a 1h with socket, 900+ dps, vitality and str, fill remaining slots with rares with avg (60-70) all resist and vitality then proceed to stomp inferno.

Multi-headed Cow

Cheapest barb to solo inferno is sword and board. Search for stormshield, vile ward, mara's kaleidoscope, band of hollow whispers with 100k or 200k max buyout. Get 2 of blackthorne's and 2 immortal king's (3 and 3 is good too if you find cheap), get a 1h with socket, 900+ dps, vitality and str, fill remaining slots with rares with avg (60-70) all resist and vitality then proceed to stomp inferno.
Thanks for the guide on gear. I'll start poking around the AH and see about equipping myself. What skills go with the sword and board gear you suggest? I have to admit I haven't tried sword and board at all, I waffled between dual wield and two-hander.

abija

Prophet
Mix and match as you like, my laziest one was cleave, wrath of the berserker, battle rage, war cry, rend, revenge with inspiring presence the only defensive passive.

Multi-headed Cow

Holy fucking shit. Only running on a partial pile of the gear you listed (AH crapped out on me after I bought some, gives me errors on everything now. BLIZZARD) and on a whim I ran out wearing the partial gear and filling the gaps with crap I had in my stash, and I'm STILL smashing the shit out of everything. Admittedly I'm only testing in act 1 inferno right now, but still. Just wanna thank you again on the pro tip, it's looking super promising.

aris

Arcane
Why are you being such a nazi, gaudaost ?
I don't know. Why are you being such a fascist, DwarvenFood?
It had something like 20 hotkeys though, and you could use any skills your character had unlocked. Don't be a retard.
Except for the F-keys which you could use to bind skills, Diablo 3 has the exact same amount of hotkeys... it also has q for potions, which diablo 2 didn't.

Except for? Hurrdurr. D2 allowed you to rebind 20 hotkeys or something around that (yes, that means away from the F-keys and to wherever you need them). That means that any skill can be used at any given time, so long as you have a functional cortex-flexor digitorum pathway.

Also, you could bind any of the four potion slots in D2 to a hotkey. That's where my F-keys usually ended up. It also had 4 potions slots, which (again) D3 decided was too complex for modern gameplay.
Do you know how D2 was played by most people, and the way it was designed to play optimally? Before synergy: Dump all skill points into a single skill, use the rest of the skills just as a means to get to that skill. After synergy, dump all points into a given skill, dump every other skill into skills that gives synergies to the given skill. At any point, the average player never used more than 3 skills. It never ceases to surprise me, how supposed fans of D2 have absolutely no clue about how the game actually played for most people.

One could easily port D2 to the consoles with only small changes to the UI, as was done with Diablo 1.

aris

Arcane
Btw, nice to see that the mods took to their senses, and put this thread in the proper subforum again :incline:

aris

Arcane
It never ceases to surprise me, how supposed fans of D2 have absolutely no clue about how the game actually played for most people.
gaudaost & suejak != most people.
Who said anything about me? I was talking about how most people played the game, which I know extremely well, as I played it from the beginning, and I have had an intimate knowledge of the community throughout.

aris

Arcane
still good, definitely. I should think you can take on MP3 at least.

aris

Arcane
still good, definitely. I should think you can take on MP3 at least.

I was doing MP10 in A1 just fine before I left. Just didn't seem like a reason to play anymore lol.
well, I guess you could survive, but if you wish to play optimally, I'd say that you go for an MP3/MP4 in act 3. With the latest patch, you can join public games with certain MP.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
yes. 2 retarded shitposters != the codex.
lol, this one is both misunderstanding the point of the post it's supporting AND devoid of content. You're so obsessed with me you're actually going backwards. :oops:

Telengard

Arcane
In case people have forgotten, Gamesutra had an article about three postings for jobs for a Diablo console version back in 2010. Yes, two and a half years before the PC release.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...king_Diablo_III_Console_Devs.php#.US0dOmfUzVc.

New Blizzard Ads Seeking Diablo III Console Devs
Multiple new job ads show that Blizzard Entertainment is hiring leads to develop Diablo III for consoles, a surprising development from a studio known for its commitment to PC gaming.

Diablo III was confirmed for PC in June 2008, with no mention of console versions. Previous Diablo games have been primarily focused on the PC, though the original Diablo did get a PlayStation port in 1998, well after its January 1997 PC release.

The developer, also behind World of Warcraft and StarCraft, is hiring "lead designer, console," "lead programmer, console" and "senior producer, console." The newly-posted positions are under "Diablo III." Gamasutra has contacted Blizzard for comment on the new ads.

The job ad for lead designer on the console version of the game says that ideal candidates have "prior experience in console game development" and an "extensive knowledge of Diablo." The lead programmer ad looks for "an experienced engineer to lead console development on the Diablo team."

The original Diablo launched in 1996 and saw expansions as well as a sequel, Diablo II. Blizzard said in 2008 that the franchise has sold 18.5 million copies.

Diablo III for PC does not yet have a firm release date, but has been deep into development at least as of its unveiling in 2008, according to Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime.

[UPDATE: A post on the official Diablo III community page offers more details about the job postings.

"We’re exploring a Diablo-related concept for consoles and are currently looking to fill a few senior console-related positions on the Diablo III team," the post reads. "As we’ve said in the past, with proper care the gameplay could suit the console platform, and we’re interested in seeing what talent out there might be interested in such a project."

"Please note that this is not an announcement of a console title," the post continues. "We are first and foremost developing Diablo III for Windows and Mac PCs and don’t intend to allow any possibility of a console interpretation to delay or affect the release of the game."]

Multi-headed Cow

OH GOD ITZ HEAVAN

Cruised through Farty and the Siegebreaker in act 3 with only one death (And that was because I alt-tabbed out to talk to someone and didn't clear my immediate surroundings as well as I thought). Of course the ridiculous prices on the AH mean that there's basically no chance of me finding anything useful for myself, and at best I may find something I could sell for pennies on the AH. For example, I found one of these http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-three-hundredth-spear which I could probably sell for all of 25,000 gold.
Still, having fun clicking through monsters easily. Half-assed trying to get an Immortal King's chest but I'm not really inclined to blow a few million on it since I'm moving at a good clip without it.

Also, Christ. Having AH issues again. Seems ridiculous the AH has been giving me errors both days I've been buying shit on it, given the game's been out this long and (Seemingly) had way fewer people playing nowadays. I wanted to bid on that cheap Sun Keeper! HMPH!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom