Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PS4 launch titles

Lilah

Literate
Whats the release price of this generations black brick? 800 dollars?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
uLbmrxq.gif

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Internet must act now and put dicks into this gif

Cassidy

Arcane
Consoles are only good for arcade racing games.

Do they even sell driving wheels and pedals for the nextgen at this point? Because if they don't, it's not good even for that. And seriously, between a gamepad, a keyboard and a wheel + pedals, I'd be mostly indifferent on the first two and prefer the latter above them. And between a gimmicky Wii control clone and keyboard for racing, then I'd definitively prefer a keyboard.

deuxhero

Arcane
Whats the release price of this generations black brick? 800 dollars?

Judging by how it can't keep 30, let alone 60, FPS at 1080p in a corridor game, less than $500 as you can pull that off rather easily on a desktop for that much.

Borelli

Arcane
-Square-enix representative at 2:35, male or female? I am seriously asking.

-Share button? Lol.

-Why is Jonathan Blow there isn't he a hipster indie artsy type.

-Stream online demo sounds ok.

A user named cat

Do they even sell driving wheels and pedals for the nextgen at this point? Because if they don't, it's not good even for that.
Why would you need/want a steering wheel setup for arcade racing games? Entirely unnecessary. When I say arcade, I'm also including fake-sims like Gran Turismo and Forza which are easily playable with controllers and pretty fun. Also as mentioned, the Motorstorm games are highly entertaining. Motorstorm: Apocalypse is one of the few shining points of PS3's drab library, was hoping for another sequel on PS4 but instead they're making this Test Drive-like "Drive Club" game.

The only real racing sims are on PC such as the GTR series or iRacing. Those are the kind of games where you'd want to use a steering wheel and pedal setup, and the only racing games which need them. Trying to play them with a controller is a headache and with a keyboard a complete nightmare.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
When I say arcade, I'm also including fake-sims like Gran Turismo and Forza which are easily playable with controllers and pretty fun..
Playing GT with a pedal/wheel setup is more fun and convenient than with controller. It is also easier, because even though it is not a pure sim, it more on the sim side, than on the arcade side. Just ask The Brazilian Slaughter .

I'm not saying that a wheel is a MUST for GT, I play it with a controller at home myself, but it is much better and effective with a wheel.

So how many people here on codex would get PS4?
I will probably get one, the question is: when.

Black

Arcane
Hey op, amazing in-game screenshots that tell us all we need to know about those games, certainly not improved pics of pre-rendered videos, already pre-ordered 4 PS4s and additionally 1 more from Australia, gl hf!

Fucking morang.

Chrio

Novice
i watched the conference live, because as a gamer i should be interested whats happening in the scene

i loled hard, it was fucking boring shit with share button and social crap

the interactive movies they presented looked also fake and alot of qte

popamole zone 4 looked like crysis 3, another uninteresting shooter noone cares, except the people with no school degrees

squares tech demo nothing new, looked like japanese crap like last year

then a few scenes from the next pixar movie, only interesting game is watch dogs, but here is to wait for a few reviews

the specs of the ps4 are also a shitload of fuck

supercharged cpu haha smartphone crap

pc on steroids with a highend gpu, rofl midrange crap from last year

alot of marketing blabla and brainwashing for popamole gamers, nothing else, fuck this shit

ill stick to my rig

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
i watched the conference live, because as a gamer i should be interested whats happening in the scene

popamole zone 4 looked like crysis 3, another uninteresting shooter noone cares, except the people with no school degrees

then a few scenes from the next pixar movie, only interesting game is watch dogs, but here is to wait for a few reviews

alot of marketing blabla and brainwashing for popamole gamers, nothing else, fuck this shit

ill stick to my rig

15967.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

ill stick to my rig
You are edgy as fuck.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's the same shit as always.
The only sad thing about it is that there'll probably be some amazing games sooner or later and then I'll have to get one. (I'm loyal to good games - not consoles, not platforms, not even genres - just good games. So if a great exclusive game comes along, sure, I'll pick one up. But it's not looking that way just yet; terrible conference.)

Machocruz

Arcane
Ha, only Platinum, From, and Atlus are in jeopardy of putting out something good, let alone great or amazing, on a console.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's a (very few) more, but yes, basically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom