Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is the distinction exactly? If it comes out on PC and on consoles does it go in popamole?

Well yes. :oops: But since we don't have enough information, we can give it the benefit of the doubt.

It's either yet another xbox action "RPG":
http://gamingeverything.com/16995/r...ans-cancelled-project-for-xbox-360-successor/
...or maybe it will even fit in MMO or General gaming.
http://gamingeverything.com/17144/o...new-project-will-include-combat-and-gameplay/

What we can be 100% sure, it won't go into "Computer RPG". :-/

Derp, that first one was cancelled

Tigranes

Arcane
There's no publicly released information / snippets on this one, after the big cancellation earlier this year.

I think it'll be a good one, a straight-up RPG with some kind of fantasy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh boy, various shades of brown and fantasy speak. My favorite things in the world.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What is the distinction exactly? If it comes out on PC and on consoles does it go in popamole?

A game goes popamole if you make it for consoles first and for PC as an afterthought/port. Of course you're now thinking "how can you possibly make a PC game and port it over to console without it being shit on console?" Of course you can't. That's why you make havy concessions to the gameplay - hence popamoling it up to the moon and back.

The reality is, for most game types console and PC are strictly incompatible with strategy and FPS game ports being the most egregious insults to the gentleman gamer's taste.

Wise Emperor

Arcane

A game goes popamole if you make it for consoles first and for PC as an afterthought/port. Of course you're now thinking "how can you possibly make a PC game and port it over to console without it being shit on console?" Of course you can't. That's why you make havy concessions to the gameplay - hence popamoling it up to the moon and back.

The reality is, for most game types console and PC are strictly incompatible with strategy and FPS game ports being the most egregious insults to the gentleman gamer's taste.
Oh snap! Raw you broke the system. Did Paul Krugman already read your insightful comments on internal US economics?

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
There is a good chance this will be a Fantasy rpg likely taking place in a generic Tolkien or DnD setting. If the MCA is writing this one then this will be a game that tries to subvert and turn fantasy tropes on their heads. There will be likely a lot of buginess in the initial release that will be fixed later through patching. The Codex will split into two factions over the game. One faction will consist of Obsidian apologists and the other the Skyway wannabes. A somewhat lengthy thread discussing the game will come to exist and that is where the two main factions will quarrel. Or there will be many small threads with the conflict spread out amongst them. This will almost definitely be a game for the storyfags.

Micmu

Magister
Well... If the number doesn't change to 3 soon, the answer is obvious, I'm afraid: Dung Siege 4. :M

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Nah, Wheel of Time basically fell through ages ago AFAIK. No Dungeon Siege 4 either.

I have heard bits and details on this project. I assume Davis has too, and yes Infinitron, it's on the right forum. It should be a crowd-pleaser, as far as this community is concerned.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Nah, Wheel of Time basically fell through ages ago AFAIK. No Dungeon Siege 4 either.

I have heard bits and details on this project. I assume Davis has too, and yes Infinitron, it's on the right forum. It should be a crowd-pleaser, as far as this community is concerned.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I am honestly at a loss. My buds at Obsidian are having a lot of fun at all my guesses. We'll know more tomorrow.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I know what it is, but can't say anything except that it makes my cheeks curl into some crude facsimile of a smile.

Well, there is one thing...

I can tell you it's not South Park-related. I'm so sorry. :(

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Probably their Defiance game they talked about.

Either that or Fallout 4. :M

Could also be Wheel of Time maybe?

G Ziets

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
The writing reminds me a lot of various proposals that went around the Obsidian office, usually originating with Avellone or Sawyer. None of them ever saw the light of day because publishers didn’t pick them up, but if this is an Obsidian Kickstarter, I am hopeful that it could be very cool.

I doubt it’s a generic fantasy setting.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I know what it is, but can't say anything.

Well, there is one thing...

I can tell you it's not South Park-related. I'm so sorry. :(
Pretty sure it's WoT 'cause the Aes Sedai get those rings with the Ouroboros.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I know what it is, but can't say anything except that it makes my cheeks curl into some crude facsimile of a smile.

Hey sea, let's both smugly talk about it, knowing what it is, to annoy everyone else.

OMG IT'S GOING TO BE SO COOOOOOOOOOOOL.

(mostly I just hope Obsidian does the reveal thing sooner than later)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom