Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Looks like um.... uh... not very post-apocalyptic.

But.. but.. it's in the desert and it has cactuses! Surely that's post-apocalyptic?

Seriously, though, a desert like this is the not the best place to give a post-apocalyptic feeling. Could very well be a deserted gas station.

The game is supposed to have more types of environments, though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ULTIMATE DESATURATED VERSION
UrCfs.jpg

(courtesy of Brother None, who is trolling a bit on the Wasteland 2 forums)

Renegen

Arcane
Well they've certainly managed to get that "cheap Unity game" feel down pat.

I_am_Ian

Arbiter
Patron
It looks like a pretty generic screen of any random shitty action game, but knowing that each one of those characters was created from scratch and the combat is turn based makes it hugely compelling.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
I don't even care all that much as long I'm spared oversized extremities à la Warcraft 3.

Anubioz

Novice
Hi everyone, I think that it's a very good time to stress-test my server, so here is some images to compare (since you've posted my image here :)
THE ORIGINAL:
wasteland-original.jpg

POLITE FACEBOOK VERSION:
wasteland.jpg

IMPOLITE HARDCORE 256-COLOR VERSION:
wasteland-256.jpg

Which do you like more?

Marobug

Remember this is wip, as in no particles or post processing effects. These can make or break the visuals of any game, and contrast, saturation and brightness are usually (if not always) done via a post processing shader. Plus they seem very open to feedback so its a bit early to start trashing the game, methinks.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Impolite Hardcore is more like it. Basically Photoshop -50 Vibrance, fix contrast and add +50 yellow filter. Almost fallout, just... prettier.
Also needs some sharpness and edginess, more rough, less antialiasing...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It looks like my toilet after two days of eating nothing but tacos and pizza.

Have "modern hurdur graphics" really conditioned us so much that we're supposed to think that looks good?

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Hell, I want it to suck for some reason.

That's an interesting approach. And the reason would be... ?

Possible answer: He's grown up and finds it hard to get into gaming like he used to, and shittiness of games gives an excuse to not play them, without having to feel guilty about the loss of one's youthful vigor.
My reason is that the Codex rage over this game would be vastly more entertaining.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Creating this thread as it was derailing the forum watch thread.

On topic, PIC LOOKS AWESOME! AND OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!!!!111 Anthony Davis on W2 <3 <3 GO GO SoZ Dialogue!

Grim Monk

Arcane
They should be using this as a reference point:

Notice how Troika :love:managed to do something similar, but their demo lacks the "plastic toy" feel...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This is The Codex. We care about well done cRPG's. That have great cRPG mechanics. Then we have all the fucking shit posters that babble on about stupid shit.

SinVraal

Educated
Honestly if the game play is anything similar to the original I don't care what the graphics look like.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom