Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

Archaeon

Scholar
Don't bump dead LP threads please!!!:mad: It kills my heart to be reminded of another Dead In The Womb LP I really wanted to read...

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Sorry again guys for disappearing. I had a severe case of allergy problem a week or two ago and just got out of the hospital. According to the doctor, I was dead and my friend(girl, yay) kept me alive for half an hour with CPR. The doctor didn't allow me to leave until just earlier today. Anyway, I have around 4 updates sitting in my archive waiting to be unleashed. I'll update as soon as possible.

Archaeon

Scholar
Whoa! Well you've been resurrected it seems :P Good thing you're ok now! Get on with de updates! :D

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Let's Play Septerra Core: Part 3 - Gone With The Wind City

Our heroes enter the Desert Pipes. It is worth noting that starting from this point forward, the game progressively gets more and more combat orientated. The worst thing about this is the combat is very uninspired most of the time. There is potential in the combat system, but the developers just decided to go the route of constantly throwing filler enemies at you. I'll go over that as we go on.
1.png

We're at the starting point of the map.

Here's an overview of the entire area.
MAP1.jpg

First we'll make a trip to loot the chest in the west. Then we'll head to the exit.

We encounter some new enemies. Bugs. Some strange looking arachnids. This area is teeming with bugs. It is an insect infestation! Only one man knows what to do...
2.png

JohnnyRico.jpg
: I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!
Me.jpg
: Acknowledged! Maya, open fire on these monsters!

We proceed to trade blows with these filthy creatures. They are no threat to our heroes however, doing merely 4 damage with each attack.
4.png

Grubb attacks with StaffStrike after charging up to the third segment, doing 10 damage on one of the spiders.

Runner ends the spider's sorry existence with his medium attack.
5.png

Note that the beam attack can damage every enemy standing in line. We'll see this later on when the opportunity presents itself. The positions are predetermined, but in most of the battles, the enemies line up for the character in the third spot.

We then finish the other bug with relative ease, without even allowing it to attack once. Maya turns the bug into a beehive.
7.png

Metamorphosis is complete.
JohnnyRico.jpg
: The only good bug is a dead bug.
Me.jpg
: Johnny Rico, your service is second to none. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. I'll see you in the shitty sequel.

As we explore the area, we stumble upon yet another new enemy, a giant crab.
8.png

Crabs have tremendous defense. They don't do much damage, but it takes a while to bring down these giants.

Grubb smashes the crab with his weak attack.
9.png

At this point, all of the characters only do 1 damage regardless of which attack they use. So we're just going to repeatedly use the weak attack until the crab drops. As we get further into the game, crabs become a lesser threat. Their defense doesn't quite catch up with our damage output. Eventually, we'll be doing two digit damage on these guys. They do have a special ability to stun. It takes one turn to charge, and another turn to cast. We won't be able to dispel spells for a long while, probably until mid-late game if I remember correctly.

After getting hit in the nose, the crab is irate.
10.png

And attacks Runner, doing 10 damage. Crabs are the most damaging unit so far. And even so, the damage is rather lackluster.

Grubb lays the lethal blow on the crab.
11.png

After a lengthy battle, the crab finally dies.

Grubb dies as expected.
25.png

You lose the game when all of your characters die in a battle. Dead characters are automatically resurrected with 1 HP as the battle ends. The blob between the spiders is a new enemy. And what can I say, it sucks. 99% of the combat consists of facing a certain combination of 3 enemies. It is not interesting whatsoever. We take some damage from these guys as we blast them into oblivion.

We gained these items from the chest.
26.png

Potion- 200 HP to all
SmellSalts- Resurrect with some HP
Heartstone- Protects partially against poison

As we are reaching for the exit, we stomp on even more bugs.
30.png

All of our heroes leveled up as we terminate the bugs with DDT.

Before we enter the Outlaw Canyon...
31.png

We decide to see what the town Galdon has to offer.

We can loot these helgaks.
32.png

33.png

For one root each up to a total of 3. Root heals 350 HP on one character.

Some thugs are occupying the local tavern. Unfortunately, they are also in a mood of causing trouble.
34.png

BountyHunter1.jpg
: No, but I got somethin' to show ya... heh heh he.
Grubb.jpg
: Leave her alone! You call yourselves men?!
Me.jpg
: Oh hey. Easy now. Let's not cause any trouble.
Maya.jpg
: Forget it, Grubb. They aren't worth the effort...
BountyHunter1.jpg
: That's it! Your ass is grass!

Time to teach these perverted lunatics a lesson.
37.png

One of them immediately attacks, poisoning Grubb in the process.

These masked bounty hunters can be quite obnoxious... especially when they cast barrier.
39.png

The barrier spell removes about half of the damage from enemy attacks. We won't have access to dispel until the late stages of the game, so we'll have to use brute force to kill them one by one.

We concentrate on their leader.
40.png

He is vaporized by Runner's beam attack.

His right hand man, looking for revenge, proceeds to whack Grubb over the head with his pickaxe.
41.png

Grubb dies yet again.

The thugs target Runner next, who is near death as a result. Maya heals Runner with a piece of bread.
43.png

Note that the bread heals 25 HP instead of 50, that is because of Runner's mechanical body. Cybernetic digestive system is half as efficient as that of the natural human.

With a full stomach, Runner shoots the thug standing on the left.
44.png

Sending him to Kingdom Come.

Then shoots the remaining thug.
45.png

Sending him to Kingdom Come also.

The reward is outrageously meager. I thought there is a fate card to be gained from the fight. Obviously I was mistaken. We waste no time to leave this hell hole and get back on our quest of finding Tori. To the Outlaw Canyon.
49.png

Maya.jpg
: If I refuse?
Me.jpg
: I believe he is addressing me, miss. Now, sir, it is my honor to transfer some of the wealth from our wallet to~~
BountyHunter2.jpg
: Then we'll take it from your dead carcass...
Me.jpg
: Jerk, you ruined it.

Again, new enemy, nothing challenging. This particular type of bounty hunter can steal gold, sometimes an imba amount.
50.png

I have around 1000 gold at this point. Besides that the guy is cannon fodder. The later variants of this guy are obscenely annoying with their cloaking ability. Cloak makes the recipient virtually impossible to hit.

Here's a bird's eye view of the canyon.
MAP2.jpg

Tori is our destination.

After fighting various combinations of different bounty hunters on our way there...
51.png

Runner and Maya leveled up.

Surprisingly, Tori is still in one piece.
53.png

Me.jpg
: How did you not die, kid? IDDQD?
Maya.jpg
: Uncle sent me.
WindCityGuard.jpg
: You are all under arrest for smuggling--

As the Guard Sargent attempts to arrest our heroes, three wizards intervened.
54.png

Magi1.jpg
: Your doom.

Mage- Casts Power Word: Kill
55.png

Guard Sargent- Saving Throw Failed
Guard Sargent- Death
Maya.jpg
: (The wizards float away.) What's going on!?
Selina.jpg
: (Enter Selina and Dugan.) Did they have to kill the guard, Dugan?
57.png

Dugan.jpg
: Keep up the good work, kid. With the last shipment and the help of my Chosen friend here, we're ready to take Wind City from the Guard of the Seven Winds. (Leaves.)
Maya.jpg
: How could you do this Tori! People are dying because of you!
Tori.jpg
: I didn't know, I swear.
Maya.jpg
: Tori, go back to Oasis and warn Uncle... I don't know what the Chosen are up to. But last time, we lost most of our people.
Grubb.jpg
: What are going to do Maya?
Maya.jpg
: I'm going to World Shell 3. Someone has to warn the people of Wind City that their country is in danger...
Tori.jpg
: Why?
Virgil.jpg
: As if I've got a bloody choice. Aren't we all just pawns of prophecy?
Maya.jpg
: Well, someone has to right the wrong you began...
Tori.jpg
: Sometimes I just don't understand you, Maya...
Maya.jpg
: Sometimes I don't think that you've ever listened to a word that Uncle or Azziz has taught you...
Me.jpg
: Perfectly understandable. A long winded madman and a doppelganger.
Grubb.jpg
: Maya's right, Tori. Tell Uncle that we'll be back soon.
Maya.jpg
: You don't have to go, Grubb.
Grubb.jpg
: I'm sure Uncle would feel better if you weren't alone... We can use these Helgak mounts.
Tori.jpg
: HEY, those cost me an arm and a leg!
Maya.jpg
: Tori!
Tori.jpg
: Awww, go ahead...

Tori, as promised, runs back to Uncle and informs him of the horrors that have transpired.
58.png

Let's leave this damn place for good.

Cinematic! Not even 10 seconds long.
Screenshot-2011-12-30_175633.png

Our heroes desperately try to out speed the Chosen ship. Although their efforts are commendable, the sucking power of the ship is way too powerful to even fathom. It sucked our heroes into it, swallowing them whole.

We wake up in a chamber.
59.png

Grubb.jpg
: Looks like we've been sucked up into the air intakes of a Chosen ship.

Standing by the vent, we overhear a conversation.
60.png

Selina.jpg
: The death of the Holy Guard is only going to cause trouble with Bowman, their leader.
Dugan.jpg
: As president of Wind City, I have no control over the Guard. They're an anachronism that I've been trying to purge for years... With your help I'LL become sole dictator of Wind City.
ChosenSoldier1.jpg
: My Lady, Lord Doskias' ship approaches.

A holograph of Doskias appears.
61.png

Selina.jpg
: According to plan, my Lord.
Dugan.jpg
: Lord Doskias, your power is unmatched.
Doskias.jpg
: Spare me, dog... Just remember our bargain. Your city is an important supply base on our way to the lower shells... Selina, when is the invasion to begin?
Selina.jpg
: As soon as Balcaam shows up with his forces, my Lord. Where is he anyway?
Doskias.jpg
: None of your concern, my dear. He and General Kaleb fall on great duties.
Dugan.jpg
: Wind City shall soon lay before your feet, great one. (Dugan leaves the scene.)
Doskias.jpg
: Kill him when he is no longer needed...
Selina.jpg
: Are you sure?
Doskias.jpg
: Marduk once said that a man who takes freedom from a people is doomed to die by their hand. I'm simply sparing him the inevitable.
Selina.jpg
: As you wish...
Doskias.jpg
: Don't start caring for these people, Selina... The last time the lower Shells saw my presence, I was fighting Gunnar's Father. An entire mongrel city fell beneath us that day. But they are not the Chosen, and barely human... remember that. (The holograph disappears.)
Selina.jpg
: Prepare to land.

Maya doesn't think Doskias is sexy.
62.png

Grubb.jpg
: Maya! Shhh!? They'll hear us!
Maya.jpg
: Now I have a face to match my nightmares. Doskias will pay for what he did.
Grubb.jpg
: Fine, but right now we have to get out of here.
Maya.jpg
: We have to find the leader of the Holy Guard. We have to find Bowman and warn him before Wind City becomes another Oasis.

Conveniently, the ship lands right where we need to go before departing.
63.png

Me.jpg
: Oh good. Guys, please don't tell me this is all a coincidence...
Grubb.jpg
: What do you have in mind?
Me.jpg
: A conspiracy theory. I think Uncle is the real mastermind behind all of this and we're being played around like chess pieces.
Maya.jpg
: Impossible. I have had enough with your blabbering. Let's not discuss this any further.
Me.jpg
: Alright... if you insist...

This is the third World Shell. The obvious thing to do is to enter Wind City and seek out this Bowman. However, in this game, we'll always have to do things the hard way. So, our first destination is the South Farms.
MAP3.jpg

We purchase some new equipment.
equip.png

And one of these from a local store.
65.png

Then we talk to this fat lady that is grooming birds.
66.png

Maya.jpg
: Excuse me?
Me.jpg
: Hey fat ass, she's talking to you!
FatLady1.jpg
: Oh, can I help you?

Grubb can take care of this stupid disk player of hers.
67.png

CLICK!
Grubb.jpg
: What've you got there?
FatLady1.jpg
: It's a disk player I got at the World Bazaar, but it's not working.
Grubb.jpg
: Let's see it. Hmm, here's your problem. Try it now.
FatLady1.jpg
: Oh thank you. Here let me give you something to repay you.
Me.jpg
: (Whispering.) So Grubb, what was the problem with the disk player?
Grubb.jpg
: (Whispering.) She forgot to turn the power on.
Me.jpg
: Ha! Stupid fat bitch. The prime example of what a typical female Bioware fan looks like and acts like. All that fantasization about Shepard has definitely caused irreversible brain damage. How can you fail that intelligence check?
FatLady1.jpg
: What did you say, young man? I am sorry I wasn't paying attention.
Me.jpg
: AND a perception check. Oh ahhh, sorry. I didn't say anything. Nothing, must have been the wind. Thanks for the bird seed. In better words, thanks for nothing. What do you expect me to do with them? Throw them at monsters like darts? Eat them when I'm hungry?
Maya.jpg
: Hey, that's enough. Thank you very much, Marie.
68.png

Bird seeds are actually the key to unlock the most valuable items in the game. We feed birds with these. After feeling all ten birds, we can return to the tower right above the place of our arrival here in this shell, for the best items in the game.

Let's rob some graves.
69.png

Instead of digging up treasures...
70.png

We dig up...

A zombie!
71.png

Zombies are one of few walkers in the game, which means they have to spend turns to close in, before they can initiate attacks. They hit hard and attack rather frequently once they approach you. The best strategy against them is to simply blast them before they get close.

He is done in no time. Interestingly, he left behind some zombie juice.
72.png

Me.jpg
: This isn't any ordinary zombie. This is, without a shadow of a doubt, an alien zombie... a xenomorph zombie.
Maya.jpg
: Xenomorph?
Me.jpg
: You know, spiders have oral intercourse with you. Then the little guys burst out of your chest. Anyway, I never thought that the zombie form is part of the alien life cycle. This is perfect material for yet another sequel. Alien 5: The Zombalien... I don't even...
73.png

We store some of the blood in the acid vial we purchased earlier.

There is also a chest in the area. Here you can see our first bird. One down, nine to go.
74.png

75.png

This charm protects partially against undead damage. Better than nothing.

Now we head into the library in Wind City, and use the Alien zombie blood to melt the seal.
76.png

77.png

This is, in fact, a key.

A key to activate the sculpture of Draxx.
78.png

This could be very dangerous...

Our first real boss fight!
79.png

This variant of Draxx isn't too threatening, but it is definitely the most powerful enemy we have faced so far in our journey.

We use offense as defense.
80.png

Blitzkrieg.

Draxx is not pleased, and retaliate by summoning zombies.
81.png

A total of 4 zombies.

Bleeding from his wounds, Draxx knows he is hurt.
82.png

So he casts vampiric touch, absorbing 9 HP from Runner.

Turn by turn, the zombies edge closer and closer. Dangerously close. Runner charges up to two segments, and discharges the beam...
83.png

Evaporating two zombies at the same time.

Draxx casts poison on Maya twice.
84.png

The spell itself doesn't do damage. This gives us an opening to purge the remaining zombies.

After several weak attacks on the zombie, Grubb finishes the undead off with a medium attack.
85.png

Leaving only Draxx and one zombie.

Draxx, outraged by our actions, casts meteor shower on Grubb, doing a whooping 15 damage.
86.png

With only 8 HP left, Grubb is in a precarious position.

However, bread saves the day, yet again.
87.png

Now, we target the final zombie.

A BeamStrike from Runner puts the zombie down, this time for good.
88.png

Without his protectors, it is a only a matter of time before we chop down Draxx.

We repeatedly smash Draxx over the head with all sorts of weaponry. Grubb delivers the final and fatal blow.
89.png

90.png

:yeah:

A passage is revealed!
91.png

TO BE CONTINUED

Next Time: We confront Bowman and get a new party member.

Chuftie

Augur
Yeah when I fought that guy he was a pain in the ass.

On the other hand bombing him with healing supplies such as bread while not as fun for the LP is more amusing

Harold

Arcane
Great to see you back dude.
And yeah, you can use healing stuff on undead and it will damage them for the amount it would normally heal you. I killed the first Draxx with one root.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Thank you guys for reminding me about the undead thing. I'm glad I have yet to reach the undead stage. This is going to save me a lot of trouble. And Bee, I wouldn't recommend playing the game. The game isn't bad, but like I said before, once you get to mid game when you can free travel, the game just throws giant labyrinths filled with uninteresting enemies at you over and over again. Not to mention enemies would respawn everytime you leave/enter an area. Now it isn't so bad, but it's going to show real soon.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Let's Play Septerra Core: Part 4 - Gone Is The Wind City

This time, we join our heroes back in the graveyard.
1.png

We enter the depths of the catacombs. This burial ground is filled with zombies and rotten flesh. The very place emits a stench of death. Let's not stay here any longer than we have to.

The plan is simple, we hit the switch, go through the door, and talk to Bowman.
MAP1.jpg

The rest of the map is locked off until very late into the game.

We found the switch.
2.png

Minsc.jpg
: This is silly! Buttons are not how one escapes dungeons! I would smash the button and rain beatings liberally down on the wizard for playing such a trick!

You should know by now, not listening to Minsc is a wise decision. So we move the lever...
3.png

And the way to salvation is opened.

Along the way, we destroy some zombie. This time, without the support of a Draxx.
4.png

They simply don't stand a chance...

Now we are about to enter Bowman's chamber.
5.png

Let's see what his reaction is.

The guard stops us from approaching Bowman.
6.png

Me.jpg
: I should be the one asking that question. Who the hell are you? Random generated guard #5315?
Maya.jpg
: There's no time to explain, I've come to warn you of coup, led by Dugan.
Bowman.jpg
: Dugan!?
Me.jpg
: Pal, you've been betrayed.
Grubb.jpg
: He's in league with the Chosen...
Corgan.jpg
: (Corgan enters the room.) Lord Bowman, strange troops assault the streets, and warships have been seen on the horizon! Dugan and his bounty hunters are at the Cathedral doors!
Bowman.jpg
: Retreat through the Catacombs!
Layla.jpg
: Quick, we must hurry!
Bowman.jpg
: No, go without me... I'll buy you the time.
Me.jpg
: No you won't, old man. Stop trying to act heroic. But if you really want to die, there's really nothing we can do to stop you.
Corgan.jpg
: Never! It's not bad enough running like dogs? You want us to abandon our lord as well?
Bowman.jpg
: Go! If you stay we all fall! Layla, the task of leadership now falls to you... Go to the mountains. Don't let the hope of Marduk die!
Layla.jpg
: I'll do my best... (Layla and Corgan reluctantly escape with the others.)

As the rest of us are leaving, Bowman gives his final order to Corgan.
7.png

Corgan.jpg
: Yes sir!

Bowman, alone in the hall, is confronted by Dugan the president, Araym, the one with the long mechanical arms, and Duke the rifleman.
8.png

Dugan.jpg
: Cut him down!

Araym walks foward, but hesitates to strike down the old man.
9.png

Araym.jpg
: He's no longer a threat, why do we have to... I don't see any-
Dugan.jpg
: Because I pay you good money, dog! Now do as I say!
(Araym still doesn't obey, so Duke finishes Bowman for him. *GUNFIRE* Bowman- Death)
Dugan.jpg
: Don't ever question me again. Now, find the others... Hunt them down and bring me their bodies...!

While Bowman is being blasted into pieces in his throne room, we discuss our escape plan with Layla, who is now in charge of the Holy Guard.
10.png

Grubb.jpg
: Runner, come back!
Maya.jpg
: Grubb, we have to get out of here!
Grubb.jpg
: But!
Layla.jpg
: Corgan...
Corgan.jpg
: Yes?
Layla.jpg
: Take care of yourself...
Corgan.jpg
: And you... (Layla runs off.)
Me.jpg
: Yuk...
Corgan.jpg
: Let's go... before those Bounty Hunters find us...

Romance #1- Corgan and Layla. This is Japanese style RPG after all, and how can it be complete without the Codex's favorite gameplay innovation of all time? This should suffice for now, but there's always more. Just wait and see. After all that mess, we gained a new party member.
11.png

Corgan is a very solid character, one of the more all around NPC. He has the same speed and core power as Maya, but is significantly better than her at everything else. The reason his power is lower than Maya is because I didn't buy a better weapon for him. He is going to be in our party for a while.

Our escape is intercepted by some bounty hunters.
12.png

Araym.jpg
: Oh right Duke, perhaps they'll put up more of a fight than their leader!
Corgan.jpg
: Damn you!

The conversation ended with Araym's arm in Grubb's face, which is expected.
13.png

And what a joke, Araym does a pathetic 2 damage.

Duke, on the other hand, is much stronger, doing 9 damage with his weak attack.
14.png

He is our priority target. Open fire, all weapons!

For some strange reason, each time Corgan attacks, it has a chance to do zero damage.
16.png

But that doesn't save Duke from the wrath of Maya and Grubb.

Maya uses burst fire on Duke, doing 24 damage.
17.png

Duke is hurt and bleeding heavily. His chance of survival is slim, but being the fearless bounty hunter that he is, he pulls out some emergency blood bags and starts drinking the blood, in hope of replacing the blood he has lost.

But it's too late, Corgan is already in his face...
19.png

And minces him like a garlic.

As an act of vengeance, Araym launches both of his arms, his strong attack, toward Maya. Powered by the fuel of anger and hatred, his mechanical arms ignite in blistering flame, causing a vivid, sparkling explosion on Maya.
20.png

And does a pitiful 8 damage.

Let's not waste anymore time with this fool.
21.png

Grubb proceeds to crash his cranium with his staff, sending him to Hell to join his partner.

The reward is way too high for a lackluster fight such as this.
22.png

BUT! That doesn't mean we have a problem with that.

Just as we leave this hell hole, Araym and Duke are revived.
23.png

Apparently Duke used fake blood to pretend to look hurt. Cunning little bastard.

We have to figure out a way to out run those bounty hunters. Corgan has a brilliant idea.
24.png

Grubb.jpg
: Why?
Corgan.jpg
: It's crawling with the undead.
Grubb.jpg
: Maybe this isn't the greatest of ideas.
Maya.jpg
: I thought you didn't believe in curses?
Me.jpg
: What's wrong, nerdy atheist git? So you are scared of ghosts after all, despite all that tough talk. Come, my child, have faith and pray with me. God shall grant you the strength to conquer that of which you fear.
Corgan.jpg
: No time for arguments! Make haste!
Grubb.jpg
: Well? You first!
Maya.jpg
: In you go, wuss boy!

As we fight through hordes of undead zombies, we encounter some new enemies. Actually, they are look rather familiar. Flying skulls... hmmm...
25.png

Well, looks like Morte finally did get the chance to party with female zombies after all. These mini Mortes are nasty opponents. They always attack once they charge up, and some of their attacks have splash damage.

One of them discharges a napalm at Corgan.
26.png

The damage it does doesn't seem much, but keep in mind, they attack a lot.

It took us a while to chop down three of the baby Mortes. They fire napalm after napalm after napalm. We have suffered heavy casualties, but the battle is finally won.
28.png

After Grubb's attack, Corgan finishes Morte's eldest son.

We gained some experience from the fight and this loot from the chest.
29.png

Totally not worth the trouble and time.

We move to the southern area of the graveyard.
31.png

And pull the lever.

It opens the exit gate.
32.png

Let's get out of here.

Unfortunately, our path is blocked by the bounty hunting couple once again.
34.png

Corgan.jpg
: Your kind has no honor!

This fight is totally identical to the last battle. It offers no challenge whatsoever. And yeah...
35.png

More napalm annoyance.

Besides that, they die yet again.
36.png

Same inflated reward. No complaint from us.

Once again, they are revived. This time however, Araym is showing his true colors.
37.png

Araym.jpg
: This is wrong, Duke...
Corgan.jpg
: Let's get out of here.
Duke.jpg
: ... You'll live to regret this Araym... If you ever show your face in the Bazaar again, I'll have your head!

What a hellacious escape it has been. Layla, on the other hand, is completely unscathed.
38.png

Me.jpg
: And let me guess, you weren't followed. Good, another piece of the puzzle is solved.
Corgan.jpg
: Aye, but we stopped them. Those bastards won't be a problem anymore...
Layla.jpg
: My father...?
Corgan.jpg
: Bowman didn't make it, I'm sorry...
Me.jpg
: In other words, he dead. Done. GONE. Get over it.
Maya.jpg
: I failed to warn you in time.
Layla.jpg
: No, without your warning none of us would have escaped.
Me.jpg
: Exactly, be thankful of our divine intervention, otherwise all of you would be pushing up daisies right now. You clearly have no idea about the terror we've been through to deliver you the message.
Corgan.jpg
: Did anyone else make it out?
Layla.jpg
: We don't know. Chosen ships and soldiers are locking down the city.
Grubb.jpg
: The Chosen Lord is named Doskias, we got here by hiding out on one of his general's battleships...
Maya.jpg
: He intends to use your city as a supply station, on his way to the lower shells.
Corgan.jpg
: Why? The Chosen haven't left the upper Shell in a thousand years.
Layla.jpg
: Maybe he's going to the Core...
Corgan.jpg
: Damn the Core. We have to take back our city...
Layla.jpg
: We can't defend this mountain, let alone take back Wind City. We need help, and from someone who's a match for the Chosen.
Corgan.jpg
: What about the Shell 5 Nations? Ankara and Jinam? They're military strength is renowned.
Layla.jpg
: And usually aimed at each other, I'm afraid. But they may be our only chance.
Corgan.jpg
: I'll go and request their aid. You must remain here and gather our forces.
Layla.jpg
: Giving me orders, my love?
Me.jpg
: Oh geez, I'm beginning to feel more and more like I'm in the Bioware studio.
Corgan.jpg
: Stating the obvious.
Layla.jpg
: And the truth, I'm afraid. Who will accompany you?
Maya.jpg
: I will.
Grubb.jpg
: Are you sure Maya?
Maya.jpg
: Doskias is willing to destroy whoever gets in his way, like he did my city. I won't let that happen to the rest of the world. Besides, he and I have a score to settle.
Layla.jpg
: Corgan, you must do one favor before you go. We need supplies to hold us for the time being. Perhaps Armstrong's hidden reserve can be liberated?
Corgan.jpg
: I'll talk to the Mayor of Armstrong myself. Consider it done.
Maya.jpg
: You know the way?
Corgan.jpg
: Of course, Armstrong is my home town. It lies beyond the mountains, and you'll never get through them without me.
Grubb.jpg
: Let's go, then!

Updated my journal. We have to fetch the supplies for Layla, then move on to try to recruit the nations of Jinam and Anakara as allies, in World Shell 5. At this point, we have the option to recruit Runner back, but let's give Grubb a chance to prove his worthiness.
39.png

And we are given some supplies by Layla. Core Relic- Restores 75 Core.

We face our first stone rhino, and a stronger variant of the dogs.
40.png

The fart of the stone rhino does 14 damage on Grubb. This is just a taste of the rhino's damage potential.

Although the dogs are very weak, they have a nasty special ability.
41.png

Mass haste.

The abysmal defense of the dogs means a short life for them. We still have to deal with the rhino. With the haste modifier, the rhino swiftly attacks Grubb twice.
42.png

Grubb joins Jesus, as a result. I don't think he'll ever prove himself.

Corgan and Maya end the rhino's reign of terror.
44.png

And we get some decent loot from the fight.

Since Corgan is the strongest fighter we currently have in our party.
45.png

We equip the Cats Paw charm on him to give him the agility of a cat.

Trending through the icy mountains, we eventually reach Armstrong.
46.png

Something is wrong here. The city looks rather... dark...

Looks like we are late to the party once again.
47.png

ChosenSoldier1.jpg
: Yes, my Lady. They resisted our forces.
Selina.jpg
: This was not my plan.
ChosenSoldier1.jpg
: Lord Doskias had specific orders.
Selina.jpg
: I'm your commanding officer! You will listen only to me!

At the sight of his destroyed hometown, Corgan drops to his knees and cries out in pure hatred, refusing to believe the ruined carnage in front of him, is what his former home, currently is.
48.png

Maya.jpg
: What happened.
Me.jpg
: Jihad happened.
Corgan.jpg
: The Chosen got here first! ... My whole family... Gone.
Corgan.jpg
: (Selina and her henchmen walk forward.) This is your doing! You'll die for this!

It is safe to assume Corgan has fallen to the dark side of the force. Strike down Selina, and your journey to the dark side will be complete!
49.png

Now we have to battle Selina the Chosen valkyrie and her two lieutenants.

Selina is definitely the most dangerous enemy in the group, so we target her first.
51.png

Corgan delivers the first blow on this bitch that desecrated his home. 26 HP gone.

Followed up by Maya, 30 bullets of 5.56 mm fly straight to Selina's face. 28 HP gone.
52.png

A total of 54 damage done so far.

Selina is hurt, and compensates for her lost health with mass barrier, effectively shielding everyone on her side.
54.png

In the meantime, one of the Chosen soldier shoots Corgan, and does 4 damage.

We can't stop now, even with the protection of the barrier spell, we must continue the onslaught.
55.png

14+54=68 Damage done. Selina is severely wounded.

She decides to go out with a bang. Strong attack on Maya...
57.png

Doing a formidable 41 damage!

She is too big of a threat to be left alive and unchecked. Corgan seeks to deliver the killing blow...
58.png

And succeeds.

The remaining Chosen warriors are no match for us.
60.png

Grubb kills one of them. The other is a walking dead man.

LOOT!!!!
61.png

:yeah:

Corgan cannot into the dark side, it seems like. The turn is disrupted by Selina not dying.
62.png

Corgan.jpg
: This is not the last time we'll meet!

Now that we're finally allowed to move around...
MAP2.jpg

We'll go to the three circled places, one by one, starting from the right.

A Power Token charm from the chest.
63.png

It adds 5 points to core for one character. The more core a character has, the more spell damage that character does.

At the alter...
64.png

We'll deal with this soon enough. There is suppose to be a Draxx here, but I forgot how to summon it. And even if I did, it would definitely kick our collective asses.

Afterwards, we head to the final location.
65.png

66loot.png

Now that we have acquired the supplies Layla desperately needs, we can leave this place.

As we are making our exit, we are cut to... Romance #2- Selina and Doskias. There is even more... For now, let's see the hots they've got for each other.
67.png

Doskias.jpg
: I must meet with General Balcaam and General Kaleb, then head to the Core.
Selina.jpg
: Where are they? What mission are they on so secret you cannot tell even me?
Doskias.jpg
: I don't tell you everything, Selina... A lover must have some secrets... Kaleb and Balcaam are preparing the way on Shell 5... you must stay here and keep these mongrels in line... cut off the supply routes to the smaller towns, and hunt down the remainder of the Holy Guard, before they can cause any trouble.
Selina.jpg
: Cutting off the supply lines will kill many people in the smaller towns, my lord.
Doskias.jpg
: Since when do you care for these soulless dogs? Are you not Chosen? If you cannot follow orders, Balcaam can easily replace you...
Selina.jpg
: I-I'm sorry, m'Lord.
Doskias.jpg
: Farewell Selina.
Selina.jpg
: Godspeed Lord Doskias, I await your return...

Well, she should just be glad that...
WDj30.gif

Didn't happen. Business is more important, you know. Selina leaves after she has failed to seduce her lover, who is then approached with his advisers.
68.png

Doskias.jpg
: She won't have to... Our affair is over.
Magi1.jpg
: Over?
Doskias.jpg
: A noblewoman's blood must flow in the veins of my children. Selina is a mere street waif. Another shall enjoy the blessings of my heritage.
Magi1.jpg
: A wise choice, my lord...

ChosenWisely.jpg

And we all know what Doskias has in store for Dugan.
69.png

Doskias.jpg
: Yes. Guards, take in the trash compactor and kill him.
Dugan.jpg
: What are you doing? We had a deal!
Doskias.jpg
: Next time read the fine print.
Dugan.jpg
: NO! [DEATH]
Doskias.jpg
: Is the fleet ready?
Magi1.jpg
We only await your command, my Lord.

Selina is very disappointed with her man for... well, being a man.
70.png

Selina.jpg
: I don't know... I still love him...

Seriously, who cares about all this love talk. Back to our heroes!
71.png

Layla.jpg
: A good sight indeed.
Corgan.jpg
: The town of Armstrong was wipe out by the Chosen.
Layla.jpg
: Corgan... I'm sorry...
Corgan.jpg
: I won't let this happen again, Layla. I'll kill the Chosen Bastard with my own hands if I have to.
Me.jpg
: That's the spirit! Come, my friend, let us purge these heretics off the face of the planet together.
Layla.jpg
: The Chosen Warlord is moving on. If you want your chance, you'll have to hurry after him.
Maya: They're leaving?
Layla.jpg
: Only this Doskias you spoke of. He leaves behind a garrison of soldiers led by one of his generals, a woman named Selina.
Corgan.jpg
: She will fall as well...

We make our way back to Wind City to observe the situation.
72.png

As expected, the Wind City is now gone, taken over by the Chosen.

Off we go... apparently we forgot to bring something very important.
73.png

Maya.jpg
: What if we have no passports...
Clerk.jpg
: I'm afraid t-that you may not book a flight without one...
Me.jpg
: Well, an exception can always be made. I mean a beautiful lady such as yourself, is like the extincted dinosaurs-
Clerk.jpg
: NO PASSPORT! NO FLIGHT! Don't even try.
Me.jpg
: ... Okay...

But, with Corgan in our party, we have a way to work around this.
74.png

Maxon.jpg
: Corgan?
Corgan.jpg
: What is a Monk of the Library doing selling junk?
Maxon.jpg
: Looks like my disguise has failed. My brothers and I are trying to get people out of the city...
Maya.jpg
: How are you getting them out?
Maxon.jpg
: Underground tunnel to the Library, from this very shop...
Corgan.jpg
: Can we use your route for passage, old man?
Maxon.jpg
: Well, I recognize you, but who are your friends?
Corgan.jpg
: Allies, all around... Layla has gifted them with her trust.
Maxon.jpg
: Layla is alive!?
Corgan.jpg
: Aye, she's gathering our forces for a counterstrike. If we can get into the Library, perhaps the Monks can help us...
Maxon.jpg
: I'll allow them to pass, as long as you are with them.

Through the secret tunnel, we are back at the library of Wind City, and we meet this guy.
75.png

Me.jpg
: The jewness is so strong! I must resist!
Corgan.jpg
: Aye, Bowman is dead, Layla now leads the Guard.
Abbot.jpg
: Bring her my sympathies...
Maya.jpg
: We need passports, can you help us?
Abbot.jpg
: I have some forgeries that we secured from our spies. Take them and put them to good use, child.
77.png

With this, we can get the hell out of here.

Everything goes as planned.
78.png

Me.jpg
: YES!
Clerk.jpg
: This way please.

Runner then joins us, and WE ARE OFF!
79.png

TO BE CONTINUED

Next Time: We attempt to recruit the armies of Jinam and Anakara, only to have our quest ending abruptly and prematurely. Improvisation is going to be our only savior.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Romance #1- Corgan and Layla. This is Japanese style RPG after all, and how can it be complete without the Codex's favorite gameplay innovation of all time?
As we are making our exit, we are cut to... Romance #2- Selina and Doskias. There is even more...

:rage:

Nah, just kidding. Doesn't look too bad, actually. Keep it up!

:what:

Drakron

Arcane
Romance #1- Corgan and Layla. This is Japanese style RPG after all, and how can it be complete without the Codex's favorite gameplay innovation of all time?
Well about that one...
As we are making our exit, we are cut to... Romance #2- Selina and Doskias. There is even more...
Well I will spoil it a bit and say Selina will join up as a party member.

Archaeon

Scholar
Well I will spoil it a bit and say Selina will join up as a party member.

Spoiling it a BIT? :lol: Selina is pretty much your archnemesis by now, and you're just spoiling it a BIT by revealing she will be joining you... :lol:
really....

Chuftie

Augur
More spoilers: They don't have crazy angry sex, bu you can get them to stop attacking each other when in the same party by getting that seal back in the canyon in the previous shell

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Friend or foe, Selina's allegiance will be revealed in the next update. She is still very obnoxious though. And yes, when we get Lobo's battleship and free travel, we can solve side quests to end the conflicts between certain NPCs, so they can coexist without infighting. In the meantime, let's bump this to page 3 guys.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Why didn't I discover this earlier? Oh well, does this patch make older save games obsolete?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hmm, I'm not sure, check the readme. I believe the patch has an uninstall option though.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Let's Play Septerra Core: Part 5 - The Art of War

This is a dialogue heavy update for all you storyfags. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night.

While our heroes are enjoying themselves in the first class luxury of the helgak transportation...
1.png

Maya.jpg
: The two countries of Shell 5?
Grubb.jpg
: Now what are we gonna do?
Me.jpg
: Where are the parachutes when you need them?
Captain.jpg
: We will be taking a detour to Shell 4 and the World Bazaar, where you can attempt to find passage to your final destination...

*A THUNDEROUS THUD*

Captain.jpg
: Attention, this is your captain. Ankaran and Jinam forces are fighting in the vicinity. We have suffered a major hit. All hands prepare for crash landing!
Me.jpg
: Oh shit.

Our ship is hit badly and plunges into the shell below as a result.
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164611.png

Let's all hope our heroine, Maya, doesn't die here. Actually, let's hope none of us gets hurt.

A fleet of 4 Ankaran battlecruisers approach the vicinity.
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164614.png

God knows what they're up to.

Inside the commanding ship, General Campbell receives an order from his commander.
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164619.png

GeneralCampbell.jpg
: Commander, several Jinam battleships have just appeared on radar.
Hologram.jpg
: You must protect the flagship at all costs!

By "protect," he means...
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164622.png

ATTACK! Call of Duty: Aerial Warfare has began.

However, the Jinam battleships have much greater maneuvering capability.
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164623.png

Dodging the Ankaran blasters with relative ease.

Then they retaliate with blasters of their own.
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164624.png

The Jinam variant has improved rate of fire, this could spell disaster for the Ankaran general.

Taking hits!
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164627.png

For the Ankarans, it is either now or never. They proceed to fire all of their arsenal toward the Jinams.

The Jinams respond with a swarm of missiles.
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164628.png

These rockets have homing ability.

In addition, the Ankaran cruisers are very large and cumbersome...
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164631.png

With that, the Jinam fleet has more or less secured the victory of this battle.

The Ankaran commander realizes his troops are fighting a lost battle, so he orders a tactical retreat to prevent further losses.
Screenshot-2012-01-27_164637.png

Hologram.jpg
: The flagship is doomed! All ships retreat! Colonel, take the rest of the fleet. Get back to Ankara. The capital will need every ship. For freedom!

What an exciting battle that was. Anyway, back to our heroes, we are taken to a household in Gregor, an Ankaran town currently captured by the Jinam.
2.png

ROBOUnit2.jpg
: You better have some supplies for us soon! (Leave.)
RandomDude1.jpg
: We can't hide her forever, Sonya. They'll find out eventually.
RandomChick1.jpg
: But she needs our help! Shhh. She's waking up.

Dizzy and shaky, hangover strikes again.
3.png

RandomChick1.jpg
: Ankara. We found you outside of town. We saw your ship crash and followed the escape pod to its landing site.
Maya.jpg
: We must have been shot down...
RandomDude1.jpg
: What?
Maya.jpg
: Nothing, nothing. T-thank you for your kindness, but I have to go.
RandomChick1.jpg
: It's dangerous out there! There are enemy soldiers all over the place!
Maya.jpg
: Soldiers? The Chosen?
RandomDude1.jpg
: Jinam soldiers. They've invaded... Blamed us for the death of their president.
Maya.jpg
: I have to find my friends...

We then "acquire" this from the bed drawers...
5.png

Not bad, not bad.

Outside in the war torn streets of Gregor, we find our second bird of the game.
6.png

The pile of stuff next to the bird that looks like a diarrhea pyramid is actually bird seed.

Our chance of survival is slim if we don't find assistance soon. We need this guy back.
7.png

Corgan.jpg
: Maya, get me outta here...
Maya.jpg
: How?
Corgan.jpg
: I don't know, the guards never leave and I have nothing to fight them with.
Me.jpg
: Just hop over the damn fence, you imbecile.
Corgan.jpg
: There is no honor in that, we'll have to take care of the guards.
Me.jpg
: Why does everything has to be so bloody complicated!?

Surprisingly, his sword is right around the corner. This is probably the only time in the game where the quest item doesn't require you to walk a trail of tears to reach. Let's see if this Malcolm, a bystander, knows anything about it.
9.png

CLICK!
Maya.jpg
: Have you seen a swordsman around?
Malcolm.jpg
: He caused quite a stir, killed plenty of tin boys before they captured him. Is he a friend of yours?
Maya.jpg
: Yes...
Malcolm.jpg
: Well, I picked up his weapon, after he was taken... Here, you give it back to him.
Me.jpg
: Truth be told, we are, in fact, his sworn enemy. Thank you for turning in his weapon. I'll personally make sure it reaches its owner in the form of seppuku.
Malcolm.jpg
: You monster! What have I done!
Me.jpg
: Ha, I was just kidding. You are still a jerk for being so hard to kill. It was an Unreal Torment.
Maya.jpg
: ...

Corgan will be pleased to have his sword back.
10.png

Corgan.jpg
: Thanks, maybe now I can fight my way out of here.

Let's break him out of here.
11.png

ROBOUnit2.jpg
: An enemy spy.
Maya.jpg
: What are you going to do with him?
ROBOUnit2.jpg
: Execution.
Maya.jpg
: Well, why not do it now? The scum killed my family!
ROBOUnit2.jpg
: Well, there's nothing stopping us...
ROBOUnit1.jpg
: Yeah, the brass already interrogated him anyway...
ROBOUnit2.jpg
: Let's do it...

And they fall right into our trap.
12.png

These guys do low damage, have moderate HP. Just more cannon fodder.

With Corgan back in the party, Maya suggests our next move...
14.png

Me.jpg
: Oh wow, so Uncle's out-of-nowhere divination disease is contagious? What makes you think we should go there?
Corgan.jpg
: There's a war going on... These people aren't going to help us now... We should return to Shell 3 and cut our losses...
Me.jpg
: Agreed. This is an excellent plan. I can almost forgive you Corgan, for not jumping the fence.
Maya.jpg
: I'm not so sure... I think that the Chosen my have something to do with this...

Before we venture forth into parts unknown, we purchase some better equipment and supplies from a nearby store.
15.png

Click "Accept" to buy. Gee, why does the game has to be so damn hard? This should be automatic.

Put on the new gear.
16.png

Now we are more than capable of completely decimating our enemies. I bought a "Grenade" for Maya, which she can use to cause splash damage on multiple enemies. It uses 5 core and is a medium attack.

Out we go to the world map of Shell 5.
MAP1.jpg

The plan is simple, go through the Mesa Canyon and explore the Jinam battle. Subsequently, we pay a visit to the Ankaran base.

Time for a bit of the rough and tumble.
17.png

In we go...

Immediately, we are greeted by an Ankaran soldier and his police dog.
18.png

More filler fights... 2 Medium attacks for both of these suckers.

The next area is more intriguing, because of the loot and helgaks. These helgaks can cast Berserk. You lose control of the character and he randomly attacks, you get the idea.
MAP3.jpg

Fortunately we managed to avoid most of the helgaks, and kill the rest of them before they cast berserk.
23.png

Maya leveled up along the way.

We gained this from Chest #1.
24.png

A fire protection charm.

From Chest #2.
25.png

Kyra's Tear- Resurrects with full HP.

And we find our third bird.
26.png

Only seven more... This is going to take a while.

The only interesting battle so far in Shell 5, and possibly the only one, is this.
27.png

Because the Jinam cyborgs and Ankaran soldiers would actually target each other first. Besides that, more target practice for us.

Back to the world map, we find a crashed Jinam battleship in the north.
28.png

Perhaps it is a good idea to investigate.

The spider robot is another new enemy...
29.png

But sucks like the rest of them.

Here's a map of the outer sector of the Jinam battleship.
MAP5.jpg

The two switches open up the way to Grubb. We'll come back for the locked terminal in the east later.

Grubb has been secretly practicing his ninja infiltration skills it seems.
31.png

Grubb.jpg
: Oh, hey Maya...
Me.jpg
: How the hell did you get past the guards? Better yet, answer this, how the hell did you get past the two locked doors? Did you reverse lock yourself in here?
Grubb.jpg
: Bad writers.
Me.jpg
: No, I need to get to the very essence of this issue. I have had enough with bullshit. Tell me the truth. How did you survive the killing field?
Grubb.jpg
: You really want to know?
Me.jpg
: No more nonsense. Tell me.
ToddHoward.jpg
: The fact of the matter is, essential NPCs are immortal. And Grubb only used this feature to his advantage, now can you blame him? This is one of the most brilliant features to ever grace upon the realm of RPG gaming. If only this Septerra Core game implemented level scaling also... This could have been a MAJESTIC game.
Me.jpg
Maya.jpg
: What are you doing here?
Grubb.jpg
: Couldn't help myself, I mean this ship is awesome! Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I found this in here, on a dead Jinam Guard...
Maya.jpg
: What is it?
Grubb.jpg
: Not sure, I think it's a recorded message, but I can't figure out how to play it...
Maya.jpg
: Let's get out of here...

Grubb joins us and gives us this.
32.png

We need to find a DJ to play this disc.

Perhaps the Ankaran Base has what we need.
33.png

CLICK!

Inside the base, we find an old friend of ours. It is an atrocity! Affront to humanity! Runner is being held captive by this mechanic girl named Led! :eek:
34.png

Led.jpg
: Hey, heel Punkin!
Grubb.jpg
: Runner, here boy!
Led.jpg
: Punkin! Get back here!
Runner.jpg
: [RoboGoBackToGrubb.script]
Grubb.jpg
: Good boy. Where did you find Runner?
Led.jpg
: His name is Punkin, and I found him so he's mine.
Grubb.jpg
: Oh yeah, well I built him.
Me.jpg
: Exactly. Grubb, you should get a medal for handling this situation like a true diplomat.
Led.jpg
: Whatever. I wouldn't force him to stay anyway.

A guy named Dave approaches...
35.png

Led.jpg
: No there isn't, they all deserted.
Grubb.jpg
: What did Led do to Runner?
AnkaranSoldier.jpg
: Uh, fixed 'im?
Grubb.jpg
: What the hell was wrong with him?!
Led.jpg
: He needed better power levels and a new shock overhaul. Whoever built him must not know the first thing about robotics.
Grubb.jpg
: I KNOW PLENTY!
Me.jpg
: I'm feeling some tension here...
Maya.jpg
: You understand that Runner is not your property...
AnkaranSoldier.jpg
: I wouldn't say that too loudly if I were you...
Maya.jpg
: That's a strange necklace you have.
AnkaranSoldier.jpg
: Oh, there? Dogtags, from an enemy Sargent. You want 'em?
Maya.jpg
: Uh, sure, thanks.
AnkaranSoldier.jpg
: I'm gonna go look for supplies, see ya later...

And conveniently, Dave hands over this.
36.png

This is the key to the locked terminal back in the Jinam battleship.

And about Led and Grubb, you know what the deal is... Anyway, the message disc seems to work in the nearby hologram device. It reveals a terrible secret! :eek:
37.png

Led.jpg
: Oh my god.
Grubb.jpg
: The captain of that ship must have found this and was returning home to show it to Jinam's leaders... They must have realized that they had been deceived.
Maya.jpg
: Couldn't they have just transmitted it?
Led.jpg
: This close to the Core, long range radio transmissions are pretty garbled. We have to show this to my father.
Led.jpg
: My father's General Campbell, you know, commander of the 5th fleet?
Grubb.jpg
: But the capitol is surrounded by Jinam's troops.
Led.jpg
: We can fly in, with my ship!
Grubb.jpg
: I don't know if I'd trust something this chick built...
Maya.jpg
: It's our only chance, Grubb... You'll just have to deal with it.
Led.jpg
: Find me an AE-35 Power Converter to get the ship running, and we're in!
Me.jpg
: Updated my journal!

New Quest: Retrieve Convertor from Jinam Battleship.

Where is the quest compass? Anyway, back to the ship.
38.png

This time with the dogtags, we can unlock the terminal.

Gaining access to the inner sector.
MAP6.jpg

Pretty straight forward. Hit the switch and get the convertor.

With Grubb in our party, fights like this one are going to be ridiculously easy.
39.png

The red spider robots are stronger than regular ones.

However, Grubb can use Repair on them.
40.png

One hit KO.

As Maya and Corgan take care of the humanoid robot...
41.png

Grubb sends the remaining spider bot to nirvana with Repair.

From the Loot location in the map.
42.png

This is a robot exclusive charm. It boosts multiple stats. We're going to put this on Runner when we use him.

This happens again.
43.png

Self explanatory.

And we finally reach the convertor.
44.png

45.png

Let's go back to Led.

Here you go, princess.
46.png

Led.jpg
: It's all done! We can leave at any time...
Maya.jpg
: Are we ready?
Led.jpg
: Yeah, you, me and Runner will fly in, and then we'll find my dad.
Corgan.jpg
: What about us?
Led.jpg
: We can't carry anymore.
Maya.jpg
: We'll be back as soon as possible.
Corgan.jpg
: Be careful...
Led.jpg
: Wait for me, okay Grubb?
Grubb.jpg
: Hey Corgan, let's get a look at that Holo-Projector?
Led.jpg
: Did he ignore me?
Maya.jpg
: No, he's just... well preoccupied most of the time.
Me.jpg
: Nonsense. Yes, he did ignore you. I, on the other hand, was listening to every word you said, sweetheart.
Led.jpg
: He doesn't like me because of my cyborg legs... What man would?
Me.jpg
: I would! :bounce: I love anime half-gundam chicks! You are the epitome of pixelated hotness! Not to mention your sweet attitude and elegant appearance remind me of Aerie from Baldur's Gate. Do you know what her fate was? Big stomach courtesy of yours truly. Not regular big stomach but REALLY big stomach. I can give you a big stomach too, missy.
Led.jpg
: [SPEECH FAILED] That's disgusting! And I don't need your pity!
Me.jpg
: Damn, should have picked the Sex Appeal trait instead of Gifted.
Maya.jpg
: No really, he doesn't realize you like him.
Led.jpg
: Don't make excuses for him. He's not that great anyway.
Led.jpg
: We've got work to do. Let's go...

Okay! This confirms it! You want it, you got it, Codexians! Romance #3- Grubb and Led. Keep the octopus tentacles in the pants, because THERE'S MOAR in the future! And we need to remain sane if we are to complete the game, so bear with me. And this is a good time to talk about Led as a character. She is the best spellcaster in the game, which makes her the most powerful character in late game. In terms of brute strength and melee damage, she's not too bad, maybe not on par with combat specialists like Corgan or Runner, but she's definitely not another wimp like Grubb. The one big disadvantage she has is the extra slow level progression. Anyway, back to our quest...
47.png

Another crash landing for us. I'm getting a concussion just by playing the game.

Luckily, our heroes survived.
48.png

Maya.jpg
: Look at all of this, the capitol must be on its last legs...
Me.jpg
: Well, it's still better than Led, who has NO legs. Hahaha! I love to laugh at my own jokes!
Led.jpg
: :(
Me.jpg
: You deserve it for not letting me pop that anime cherry!
Maya.jpg
: Hey, we don't have time for this! We need to find General Campbell.

It is worth noting that, I FORGOT TO PICK UP A FATE CARD FROM THE ANKARAN BASE! Lack of :obviously: on my part. We'll come back and get it later. Now, let's take care of business.
49.png

AnkaranSoldier.jpg
: This is a government restricted area, state your business.
Me.jpg
: Looking for Led's dad, middle aged guy, have you seen him?
AnkaranSoldier.jpg
: Get lost you lunatic before I put you under arrest.
Led.jpg
: I'm the daughter of General Campbell! Let us in!
AnkaranSoldier.jpg
: Uh, sorry miss, uh, ma'am. Go right in!
Me.jpg
: I still think my line was more effective...

With Led on our side, we are allowed entrance to the Ankaran military headquarters.
50.png

Led.jpg
: I need to see my father!
GeneralScott.jpg
: I'm sorry, Led, he's off on an important mission. Be proud, his name will go down in history...
Led.jpg
: Why!?
GeneralScott.jpg
: His fleet has been sent to retrieve the Doomsday Device from the Research Lab in the North. His orders are to use it against the Jinam, and bring this war to an end...
Maya.jpg
: What Doomsday Device?
Me.jpg
:
Road_Warriors.jpg
?
GeneralScott.jpg
: It fires a missile which embeds itself into the enemy's continent. From there, it will grow and create a gravitational field, raising the entire land mass to a higher orbit!
Led.jpg
: But, that will kill every citizen of Jinam, they won't be able to withstand those kind of forces!
GeneralScott.jpg
: We have no choice.
Maya.jpg
: But the Chosen are playing Jinam and Ankara against each other!
Led.jpg
: Play the Message, Maya.

The hologram of Connor appears once again.
51.png

GeneralScott.jpg
: By Dogo, how could we have known?
Maya.jpg
: I think this Chosen Warlord Doskias knew that your two nations were the only force that could have stopped him from reaching the Core...
GeneralScott.jpg
: Led, you have to stop your father, he can't be allowed to continue with his orders!
Maya.jpg
: You can't recall him?
GeneralScott.jpg
: Radio transmissions that far are impossible this close to the Core... Even this Chosen Enemy needed to use a Holo message. I will give you a personal Holo-Message to deliver to Campbell, you must reach him before he uses the super weapon...
Me.jpg
: I have a better idea, General. Why don't you go and convince your buddy to stop this madness? We are not associated with any of your military unit in any shape or form. What makes you think Campbell would listen to us?
GeneralScott.jpg
: Well, you see, ahhh, I'm busy here, you know. I have to remain in my post to maintain contact with the rest of the other units out there, defending this fortress.
Me.jpg
: I thought radio transmissions are impossible to send to faraway places. What are you hiding "General?" How do you contact the others?
GeneralScott.jpg
: We use pigeon post instead. Now, would you please find Campbell? We can't afford to waste anymore time here!
Maya.jpg
: Come on let's go, CL! We don't have much time!
Me.jpg
: No. General, tell me the truth, or else.
GeneralScott.jpg
: Bad writers.
Me.jpg
GeneralScott.jpg
: Go! There is a secret way out through the subways under the city... Follow the old mountain highway to the research lab... Hurry!

In the meantime, in Doskias' ship...
53.png

Doskias.jpg
: Soon Ankara will fall, and Jinam's forces will be reduced by the war. Then nothing will stop us from reaching the Core.
Doskias.jpg
: General Kaleb, report.
Kaleb.jpg
: The Keys are secured, Lord Doskias. The Magi examine them even as we speak.
Balcaam.jpg
: The Emperor will be furious. To steal them right from under his nose.
Kaleb.jpg
: Are you afraid of the Emperor, Balcaam? Perhaps this is too much excitement for you...
Doskias.jpg
: Enough. The Emperor will not dare to oppose me. With the keys in my possession, the secrets of the Core will be laid open before us.
Balcaam.jpg
: But the ancient prophesies say that the secrets of the Core can only be attained at the time of the conjunction... That's a lifetime away... What good will these Relics do us now?
Kaleb.jpg
: Fool! Our plan will bring the conjunction to us!
Doskias.jpg
: And for that we must prepare!

The plot deepens. This is getting more and more serious. Still, we must focus on our current objective.
54.png

The little leeches are crawlers like zombies. Nothing interesting from them. They share the same fate like all the rest.

After going through a long corridor, we get to this rocky passage.
55.png

Our heroes carefully evade the Jinam guards.

And we have reached our destination.
56.png

CLICK!

Let's hope it's not too late.
57.png

Led.jpg
: Daddy, you have to stop!
GeneralCampbell.jpg
: I'm your father, girl, not your daddy!
Maya.jpg
: The Capitol has fallen... Your Leader sent us to find you, and stop the Doomsday Weapon!
GeneralCampbell.jpg
: Stop!? This is war, not kindergarten! I didn't spend my life devising this weapon, to let it rot, based on the words of some child!
Led.jpg
: YOU built this? How could you?
GeneralCampbell.jpg
: What did you think I was doing all those years! While your mother was dying from the plague Jinam used during the FIRST war, I was preparing your future, so that you would be safe from the same fate! Instead I have a traitorous child who won't listen to a simple order to stay home!
Me.jpg
: He's got a point. This is none of our business.
Maya.jpg
: We have a message-
GeneralCampbell.jpg
: It's too late for talk, now is the time for action!... I will not let them win!
Led.jpg
: Father!
Maya.jpg
: What are we gonna do now?!
Me.jpg
: Go home?

Is it over? No it's not unfortunately, because here's Selina, and she seeks to offer her services to us.
58.png

Led.jpg
: Who is this?
Maya.jpg
: Doskias' General, she invaded the cities of Shell 3!
Selina.jpg
: I no longer walk by his side...
Maya.jpg
: Why should we trust you?
Me.jpg
: Yeah. And where is Corgan when you need him?
Selina.jpg
: I can't stand by and watch what Doskias is doing to achieve his ends. He wishes to reach the Core, and knows that the nations of Shell 5 will try to stop him to protect their mining operations. By having Ankara and Jinam obliterate each other, his path to the Core will be clear...
Maya.jpg
: Can he be stopped?
Selina.jpg
: Right now, we must stop General Campbell, before he unwittingly helps Doskias!
Led.jpg
: Can you take us to him?
Selina.jpg
: Yes, my ship is standing by...
Me.jpg
: This could very well be a trap...

Let's hope not. Regardless of what her agenda is, as long as she holds up her end of the bargain, no complaint from us. Plus, we are in a rather, desperate situation. Under such circumstances, we just can't refuse her offer.
59.png

Maya.jpg
: Why does Doskias seek the Core?
Selina.jpg
: It is said that every one hundred years, at the great conjunction, one can commune with the Core and receive the Gift of the Creator...
Led.jpg
: Doskias knows how?
Selina.jpg
: He believes so... But his fellow Chosen disagree.
Maya.jpg
: Wait, the Chosen aren't a unified nation?
Selina.jpg
: No, Doskias' forces are but one tribe of a larger collective.
Selina.jpg
: We've arrived...

We are now on Campbell's battleship.
60.png

Maya.jpg
: We'll be back...

Looks like we'll have to deal with these guards.
61.png

Led.jpg
: I need to see my dad! Get out of my way!
AnkaranSoldier.jpg
: I can't let you through.
Me.jpg
: I got a feeling this is going to end in violence.
Led.jpg
: Try and stop me!
Me.jpg
: You just had to do that...

This is suppose to be a boss fight.
62.png

But due to some strange glitch, they just stand there. No attack at all. Rather anticlimatic, isn't it?

Oh well, the fight is actually mediocre regardless.
65.png

The reward, on the other hand, is very decent.

So here we are, steps away from General Campbell's command center.
66.png

TO BE CONTINUED.

Next Time: Can we reach General Campbell in time and prevent the Doomsday weapon from being launched? Or is the extermination of millions of innocent Jinam residents inevitable? Tune in next time for the conclusion to the Jinam/Ankaran War, and its repercussions. Oh the cliffhanger.

Harold

Arcane
Can we reach General Campbell in time and prevent the Doomsday weapon from being launched? Or is the extermination of millions of innocent Jinam residents inevitable?
The answer is: Septerra Core is a jrpg

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Oh, man, good luck with that. The ammount of filler combat in this game is just unbearable.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
The answer is: Septerra Core is a jrpg
:salute:

Oh, man, good luck with that. The ammount of filler combat in this game is just unbearable.
Yeah. It seems like I bit off more than I can chew. I just hope that I can muster enough strength to finish this odyssey, once and for all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom