Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NeverWinter Nights 2 has stopped working

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
So, i am playing on a persistent world, and i am enjoying it, but every 20 minutes or so, i get this message, and the game crashes to desktop.

i installed DX9
i am using the client extension
i lowered all graphics and lights and shadow and anisotropic filter and so on
i run it as an admin (i have win7)
i run it in compatibility mode
i created the exceptions on my antivirus

still crashes
i looked around in old threads but can't find any solution, and can't find anything on the internet...

anyone here knows what is causing this and how to fix it?

thanks!

ElectricOtter

Could you post the message you get when the game crashes?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Post what video card you have and what drivers you're using with it.

It could also be your computer fighting off the disease you inflicted upon it, though.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Or your antivirus is conflicting with the cracked executable.

Renegen

Arcane
Since this is a NWN2 thread, I wanted to ask how to even get in a persistent world to begin with. When I try multiplayer, it says that the authorization server is down and that my name could not be authorized. Later, I can't connect to the games that are showing in the browser. I'd love to have some multiplayer with this game, any suggestions?

deuxhero

Arcane
Can't help TC, but I think I know Renegen's problem. MoTB's key was misprintied. It's backwards. Don't know what file you need to change though (Though I recall changing it without a reinstall).

Renegen

Arcane
Can't help TC, but I think I know Renegen's problem. MoTB's key was misprintied. It's backwards. Don't know what file you need to change though (Though I recall changing it without a reinstall).
Hmm, I have the Steam version so no cd-key needed to be imputed for installation. And my backwards what do you mean, is it a mirror image backwards?

deuxhero

Arcane
backwards meaning a key of 1234abcd is dcba4321.

Don't know what your problem would be then. Try asking on NWNvault or something.

Renegen

Arcane
Nevermind, I got it to work, just had to look harder for servers. Turns out the authentication server is down but that doesn't matter. Rolled a character on the Baldur's Gate PW.

Majestic47

Learned
he wants to play in Permanent World. So maybe it's not a bad game if u're in RP server

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How's Neverwinter Nights 2's Persistent World communities compared to Neverwinter Nights'? Better? I heard there were a lot of problems with modding due to a crappy toolset for NWN2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom