Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which is the most depraved RPG Community?

Which is the most depraved RPG Community?

• Total voters

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
BSN with it's several hundred page threads demanding crappy gay romances so they can have virtual butt sechs or ones wondering what Quarian sweat and piss is like has my vote.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Tessmage quote
I imagine Wesp's reaction was:
gif-trollface-dancing.gif

Grimlorn

Arcane
I'd say the Codex hands down.

Codex is definitely the most depraved. Haven't been to Bioware social in awhile but they like what they like. I disagree with what they like, but at least they're all in agreement the kind of stuff they're into. I've never been to Bethesda forums. Heard too many awful things about them.

The codex is a mix of people who can't agree on what a RPG is. They complain about the decline and then support it. Some people complain about stupid shit in games at release just to complain. Some people play through entire games once or twice and then shit on it later when everyone else is. You don't play through a game like that and not like it, unless it's your job to. Just doesn't make much sense. On the other hand, there are several members that are quite knowledgeable about RPGs and are helpful and I've learned a bit about some older games I haven't played. But overall the codex is a very diverse and depraved group of people.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Some people play through entire games once or twice and then shit on it later when everyone else is. You don't play through a game like that and not like it, unless it's your job to.

Unless you paid $60 for it, try to have fun with it, but end up getting its flaws drilled directly into your skull by the turning screw of next gen, streamlined corporate machinery.

Sul

Savant
Nexus of course. The sexual depravity and all that retarded stuff, just like Bioware, but with the skills to make it real and the usual egocentrism and self righteousness of modders.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Nexus wins hands down. As vile as Bioware is, only in the Nexus where you can find this, this, and this. :eek:

EDIT: Okay works now. For the sake of sanity, it's embedded.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
I'd say the Codex hands down.

Codex is definitely the most depraved. Haven't been to Bioware social in awhile but they like what they like. I disagree with what they like, but at least they're all in agreement the kind of stuff they're into.
What is that even supposed to mean? A community is only good if they form a hivemind? What would there be to discuss?
Contrary to popular opinion, the Codex is NOT a hivemind and it's better that way. You won't find a single game on here that everyone likes, simply because the Codex' demography is quite diverse.

The codex is a mix of people who can't agree on what a RPG is.
True, but a critical reflection and discussion is better than simply agreeing that RPGs are games where you make pretend and that's that and numbers are for dorks anyway.

Some people complain about stupid shit in games at release just to complain.
If there are legitimate issues with a game, why shouldn't you complain?

Some people play through entire games once or twice and then shit on it later when everyone else is. You don't play through a game like that and not like it, unless it's your job to. Just doesn't make much sense.
How do you want to analyse a game without playing it?

But overall the codex is a very diverse and depraved group of people.
Again, I don't see the problem with diversity. And the actual level of depravity here is at least questionable. Most people here just act depraved to make fun of it, unlike people who actually analyse a fictional character's sweat because it turns them on.

Grimlorn

Arcane
What is that even supposed to mean? A community is only good if they form a hivemind? What would there be to discuss?
I just mean the people are less hypocritical and desperate to impress others.
Contrary to popular opinion, the Codex is NOT a hivemind and it's better that way. You won't find a single game on here that everyone likes, simply because the Codex' demography is quite diverse.
I think this is fine and normal that people don't necessarily agree on everything. What I'm talking about is stuff like people saying they're not interested in Skyrim in that poll asking who would play it then right at release those same people are playing it. Or people complaining about the decline of games and then when they see a new game the first thing they say is the game looks like shit followed up by a criticism of graphics looking dated and like crap. I can't understand how people who like older RPGs can complain about graphics in games released today. And the more money that goes into graphics and making the game look pretty, the less money gets spent on actual gameplay and making the game good. Not just here but everyone bitches about graphics. I get tired of it, because I think it's one of the main reasons games got so short and bad because they had to keep putting more and more into graphics.
If there are legitimate issues with a game, why shouldn't you complain?
I'm saying people complain about stupid stuff like textures or graphics or minor bugs when there is much worse things wrong with the game. It just comes off as desperation to look cool by hating the game everyone else is hating.
How do you want to analyse a game without playing it?
Not saying you shouldn't play a game. It would be pretty dumb to shit on a game without playing it for a few hours. What I am saying is you don't play through a game a couple of times without enjoying it or unless it's your job to review it. I won't finish a game I don't like. Let's just be honest about it.
Again, I don't see the problem with diversity. And the actual level of depravity here is at least questionable. Most people here just act depraved to make fun of it, unlike people who actually analyse a fictional character's sweat because it turns them on.
I didn't mean diversity in a bad way. I think diversity is good. I also said I learned about quite a few good games I'd missed that are older here. Maybe people are just messing around and I'm taking them too serious. I just see quite a bit of hypocrisy. If people are just kidding then I guess I didn't get it.

Cassidy

Arcane
What I'm talking about is stuff like people saying they're not interested in Skyrim in that poll asking who would play it then right at release those same people are playing it.

Not all people who criticized were hypocrites. There is a considerable number of Beth fanboys in Codex who pretend to hate the LARP simulators they love to earn Kodex Kool Kredits.

...Am I quoting another Drog alt?

Kz3r0

Arcane
Not all people who criticized were hypocrites. There is a considerable number of Beth fanboys in Codex who pretend to hate the LARP simulators they love to earn Kodex Kool Kredits.
It's the Skyway' syndrome.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Except I don't pretend to hate any game that I actually enjoy. So you'll find me quite frank about NWN2 + MotB, even if it loses me the favour of - say - racofer or Shannow.

Your problem, Cassidy and Kz3r0, is thinking that there is some Codex hivemind here.

Different people have different opinions on the Codex. Some are Risen fans, some are not. Some are New Vegas fans, some are not. There is no consensus.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Thanks to this thread, I feel like LP:ing FailOut3. With a certain mod installed.

Somehow I managed to get knocked up while sleeping (no messages or animations). Was sperm free before the sleep timer, and apparently got visited by a few raiders before I woke up...lol

Had a stalker go a bit overboard... instead of the usual rape and going on their merry way, they raped me and continued to follow me like a companion halfway across the map (until he stepped on a mine... =P)

There was an amusing instance where a band of traders ran into some legion troops; instead of the traders all being killed by the legion as usual, 2 of the female traders raped the legion troops and gave their merc bodyguards time to shoot and kill all of them... lmao

The next thing is about my character. I am totally not sure what the "Stalker Player" button means, but I guessed it enables the player to be stalked and that nothing happens when it is switched off. However when it is switched on, my character is permanently raped even with a frequency setting of 6. She cannot go for two meters and is then stuck in rape hell forever, because rapists queue for her. I solved this problem by switching "Stalker Player" off, but now I feel/ fear, she won't get raped at all.

The last thing: Is there any way to switch off that your own companions violate you? I thought the Sleep Rape function means that NPCs can rape you while waiting, but I was a bit baffled when Arcade Gannon took advantage for me. I would say that is very out of character for him (and the other NPCs) and I would rather not have them rape me.

Dark Elf

Erudite
I marvel at the fact that what began as an outgrowth of T-A became this place.

curry

Arcane
Thanks to this thread, I feel like LP:ing FailOut3. With a certain mod installed.​
Somehow I managed to get knocked up while sleeping (no messages or animations). Was sperm free before the sleep timer, and apparently got visited by a few raiders before I woke up...lol

Had a stalker go a bit overboard... instead of the usual rape and going on their merry way, they raped me and continued to follow me like a companion halfway across the map (until he stepped on a mine... =P)

There was an amusing instance where a band of traders ran into some legion troops; instead of the traders all being killed by the legion as usual, 2 of the female traders raped the legion troops and gave their merc bodyguards time to shoot and kill all of them... lmao​
The next thing is about my character. I am totally not sure what the "Stalker Player" button means, but I guessed it enables the player to be stalked and that nothing happens when it is switched off. However when it is switched on, my character is permanently raped even with a frequency setting of 6. She cannot go for two meters and is then stuck in rape hell forever, because rapists queue for her. I solved this problem by switching "Stalker Player" off, but now I feel/ fear, she won't get raped at all.

The last thing: Is there any way to switch off that your own companions violate you? I thought the Sleep Rape function means that NPCs can rape you while waiting, but I was a bit baffled when Arcade Gannon took advantage for me. I would say that is very out of character for him (and the other NPCs) and I would rather not have them rape me.​

Doesn't sound tasteful :smug:

AndymanhairaX

Educated
Here's why BioWare is worse than Nexus and Lover's Lab and everything else:
Nexus and LL need the Codex to enable them. BioWare, however, does not. They don't need our assistance to be creepy and/or retarded motherfuckers.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
I want to support Lover's Lab, but there are no mods which feature tasteful pissing down little boys' mouths.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Social...its just is.

Apart from the heinous standard towards gameplay they got...consider this.
Lovers Lab is MEANT for sexual depravity, Betsheda games got races for yiffers.

Yet...all..the...most...sick..FILTH OF LARPING and FANART! Have come from Social.

Its a...Lovecraftian horror, the mere fact that there is an unknown and malevolent force that keeps chugging out depravity upon sick depravity.

I want to support Lover's Lab, but there are no mods which feature tasteful pissing down little boys' mouths.

"You can't have consensual sex with kids." -Fanboy of a rape mod

Ermm

Erudite
SocialBioware felt like a kindergarten when I was trolling there. Like a bunch of kids, with the kindergarten master JohnWoo (I think that was his name).

It really was a queer place. If someone calls another (for exmple) an idiot, then the thread would be locked, and the ''criminal'' would have an 24hr ban.

It was pretty fun to make deliberately shitty trolling attempts, especially when Mr. Woo had a time off haha.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom