Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codexian Saga LP

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The good thing about this war is that it is now a beautiful three-way conflagration set to burn countless stars to ashes.

But I wonder how many of us have the guts to see this through to its rightful conclusion.

laclongquan

Arcane
Dear Jack

It's not about our short term convenience. The point is to make the bugs fractious and fighting multiple enemies. Dont tell me you are not itching for a fight with those buggers.

This way we fight a less dangerous enemy, same as when we fight the bears. mwahahahahaha.

If we gathered forces to attack straight on, what if we win? Their precious Confederacy would have survived, making later conquest much harder. As it is we are having a few bug clans in our pockets, with most other confused and divided

Way I see it, this war just became easier.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
My wisdom transcends both time and space.
The Raumen has now acquired the will to fight us.
Where we before could have crushed them we now have to face two mighty battle ready civilizations.
How is this easier?

This council has finally become the cause of our destruction.
Doom is inevitable, let us disappear in a flash of glory.
Trough battle we will achieve perfection.

I vote C.

laclongquan

Arcane
The Hiin is on the other side of Raumen. Oh their clients may be near our sphere of influence but their main strength is very very far. A despairing long logistic train, a nightmare of any strategists.

They march their troops across Raumen space, you say? Please, let it be true! let them become an idiot as well. I burn incense on the altar for that event. Then this war will become even easier, since the bugs will attack them even before they get near us. It's like the US propose to march across Europe to attack USSR. No way jose!

Nono, my fellow councillors. Our immediate and medium term is still the bugs. As long as we conquer the border regions near ours, and leave a thick buffer of bug clans between them and us, we will only need to fight one enemy. Avoid creating a direct battlefield between Hiin and Codexia and we will be fine.

laclongquan

Arcane
The final aim of our strategy is to create a buffer zone between the Hiin and Codexia. As for the rest of bug clans, either we conquer them, or they stay our client states. Our border fleets will station near this buffer zone, both as a defensive line, and a deterrent element. Beside, that is such a big sticks on the back of bugs, and they will be grateful for them too.

And that's why my vote go to C

Oh yeah, it's CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC mindfucker!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
laclongquan said:
The Hiin is on the other side of Raumen. Oh their clients may be near our sphere of influence but their main strength is very very far. A despairing long logistic train, a nightmare of any strategists.

They march their troops across Raumen space, you say? Please, let it be true! let them become an idiot as well. I burn incense on the altar for that event. Then this war will become even easier, since the bugs will attack them even before they get near us. It's like the US propose to march across Europe to attack USSR. No way jose!

Nono, my fellow councillors. Our immediate and medium term is still the bugs. As long as we conquer the border regions near ours, and leave a thick buffer of bug clans between them and us, we will only need to fight one enemy. Avoid creating a direct battlefield between Hiin and Codexia and we will be fine.
You have no concept of space warfare.
If they have wyrmhole tech too they can just jump straight towards our homeworld.
Even if that's not so, think in 3 dimensions.
They don't have to cross Raumen space to get to us.

The only way it could possibly be worse would be if the Raumen an Hin'in were allies.

Now we either perish or ruin both our stability and economy.
All we can do now is to fight bravely.

TNO

Augur
Well, that was expected. Turns out transparent duplicity ain't so great. But we came to screw the Raumen, so let's do it.

C.

Fighting an offense immediately is unwise - our success leads us into the teeth of both enemies. Fighting a defensive war sacrifices our gains. Pulling back hopes the Raumen fight the Hi'in first. If the Hi'in remain, both are weaker, if they don't, then we should advance once properly mobilized for war.

The hawks on this council have thrown us into a war with two species, the former now unified, the latter of which we have next to no intelligence of. The hawks have satisfied their lust for a 'straight fight' by throwing away the advantages we had. A protracted conflict against these alien species is inevitable: the Hi'in are unlikely to trust us after this. I hope our fleets are armed with more than the braggadocio of this council.

laclongquan

Arcane
Let's look at reality, shall we.

The Hiin have the strength to attack us, fleet style. But the limitation of range work here. Whyrmhole doesnt mean magic, it cant cross hundreds of light years as if go to the park. The distance disallow direct jump from their safe space into our homeworld space. The Barbarian kindly elaborate here, if you please?

The 4 Sun got the strength to attack us but FTL disallow them to mass in strength and attack straight on to Earth.

The buggy coalition have enough strength and distance to attack but they also face the same limitation as the 4Suns, namely being buttsecked by their other opponents. And we are in a position to meet them head on easier than to meet those other two.

And both of them got other bugs to think about. They wont let slip such a chance to attack defenseless systems.

And if they got enough strength to cover their system and send the raids then they wont have enough strength to do both efffectively, meaning they invite defeats in details.

laclongquan

Arcane
Another thing, the status of our Tri Tone alliance. Our 3 options, what does they stand in term of our treaty with them.

Withdraw: is that withdraw from offensive theatres into friendly Raumen bases, or withdraw entirely into Codexia border?

taplonaplo

Scholar
I suspect a landslide victory for C, anything else is just stupid really. Somehow i hope the Hin'in and the jewbugs can come on common ground and join forces against us for the lulz. But hey, the chain of events may really lead to the total extinction of the jewbugs, so it might not have been that big of a mistake.

i vote C

The Barbarian

Liturgist
or withdraw entirely into Codexia border?

This.

Another thing, the status of our Tri Tone alliance.

A few clans are standing by you - the others are cutting ties as bloodily as possible. The Three Toners, as a separate force, are basically no more.

Or maybe it's the Bailey's

This. The Barbarian allowed himself to consume Bailey's injected truffles, one terrible night. The scars never healed.

The Barbarian

Liturgist
The Codexian Military Primer – 266AU

Codexia’s Armed Forces are comprised of a number of military institutions employing upwards of nine million persons, directly or indirectly. As such, they are one of the largest employment sectors in Codexian space. Roughly two million men and women constitute the Codexian Army; with the more technically intensive Codexian Navy retaining the services of some five million employees on its books. Most of the personnel in question are actually in the support services, especially with regards to the naval forces. Comparatively few can expect to see frontline combat. The CAF is taxed with defending and expanding Codexian sovereignty against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Its overhanging head of power can be traced back to the Codexian Constitution, which gives the executive branch of government the authority to command and control the realm’s military structures.

Codexian Army

The Codexian Army is a longstanding military organization charged with prosecuting offensive and defensive operations on the surfaces of contested worlds claimed by the Codexian state. This includes those worlds that are not strictly considered ‘Codexian’ by law, but represent a matter of strict Codexian interest. The Army is subdivided into Strategic Commands (e.g. Central Strategic Command), Operational Commands (e.g. Sol Operational Command) and regiments. Additional levels of organization (i.e. Army/Manuever Group) can be installed depending on the necessity thereof, given the strength of the force committed. The regiments in question are generally mechanized infantry, with a smattering of armoured units and organic (that is to say, permanently attached) artillery and support units. Armaments are very similar to what was commonly available during the mid-21st century. Support forces, however, have advanced considerably.

Codexian Navy

The Codexian Navy is an organization consisting of twelve (12) permanent fleet structures garrisoning and protecting the systems and space claimed by the Codexian government, as well as a powerful Strategic Reserve Fleet providing a steady stream of replacements to frontline formations. Each fleet is estimated to number around two hundred vessels. In terms of pure naval tonnage, the CN is believed to be second only to the Raumeni at the apogee of their power (since the Raumeni Civil War began, it is widely believed that the Codexians have achieved an overall naval superiority), with almost four thousand vessels of all sizes (the vast majority obviously being patrol ships, cutters and corvettes) patrolling the space lanes. These vessels are, for the most part, capable of wyrmhole propulsion only. FTL drives are reserved for system defence ships (which are invariably small patrol vessels). Furthermore, the largest vessels in the Codexian fleet are also equipped with an advanced cloaking system that presents a unique challenge to Codexia’s opponents (courtesy of Amoneth technical expertise, via the Phyr).

Codexian vessels are generally armed with missile batteries of various potency. Secondary laser/maser cannons are used for point-defence, communication and fire support.

When compared to its potential opponents, the Codexian Navy is rated highly in most areas, with a strong logistical network and well developed infrastructure; finely trained crews; excellent numerical strength, and a proven capacity for achieving victory in the face of some adversity. However, as the Hin’in have shown in several recent engagements, Codexia’s claim to supremacy is open to a committed challenge. One that is likely forthcoming.

No positioning info is available, because a very detailed map would be required for said info to be relevant.

wjw

Augur
Mobilize and defend! Better be prepared for what is about to come...

c!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not much for setting Combat Difficulty to Wimpy just yet.

A. TAKE THEM ALL ON.

I am pleased with the Navy but our brave men and women on the ground seem to be disappointed with what we can offer them. Time to research tanks. Bigger, better tanks. Tanks with twelve guns. Then tanks with a hundred guns. Then titanic tanks with two legs, cloaking, and more weapons than a battlecruiser. Like titans, they shall bestride the earth.

laclongquan

Arcane
It's because in all those wimpy RPG combat damages can be healed in matter of days, damaged infrastructure can be rebuild in few sidequests, and no social tensions whatsoever.

Governing a interstellar entity that desire to rule over the known universe is not a wimpy thing. And combat against two most powerful entity is very manly indeed. All we need to show is our intellectual power.

And this is not a matter of combat setting, it's a matter of using tactics and strategy to exploit weakness of environment, make full use of our native advantage. In short, it's playing smart, not bulldoze through.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The way I see it, the initial conduct of this war does not concern me. I am happy to let the other councillors decide, and as such I will be casting my vote according to my own principles, without regards to political, strategic, or tactical issues.

Angthoron

Arcane
Finally, a worthy war that the Council can't wriggle out of. Against two foul xenos at once, to boot! This is truly a great turn of events. Even better is the fact that some Raumen are openly on our side.

I have to say that we have to begin full mobilization, pull back to defensive position and convert luxury and passenger craft-producing plants to the military needs. The owners will be reimbursed for the trouble or executed through dissolution in a mild acid.

Option C

Conkrete Knight

Educated
Well, that did not turn out the way we wanted.

Ah screw this, who needs friends anyway?

C!

Sit and wait, see who is stronger- Let them tear eachother apart, and hope that they are going to ignore us.

Public aint gonna like it however...

B might have convinced the Bugs that "hey they really don't give a shit, lets trade again", but is by no means worth risking an invasion being unprepared.

Edit: let us hope that govenement spendings on the navy and conscription make up for parts of our tradeloss....
or else...

juggernaut

Educated
Option C

It's a shame so many people were scared at the mere thought of psykers - telepathy is just a really good mobile phone. We could potentially have gotten rid of the jewbugs much easier than this, then faced a simpler battle with the psychic dwarves. Nevertheless, to war we go!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom