Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What Games do YOU want to see remade?

Luzur

Good Sir
Turisas said:
carmageddon_front.jpg

but then JarlFrank have to play with zombies with green blood again.

dx__

Educated
Fezzik said:
Shattered Lands is pretty much perfect as is. At least I've never encountered any particularly bad bugs (just some weird inventory stuff). Wake of the Ravager, on the other hand, could use some fixing.

^this

Loki

Educated
alright, I just finished playing through shattered lands for the first time in 10 yrs, and I agree it should be left alone. I just had memories from when I was a dumb 13 yr old kid who couldn't tell the difference between a genuine bug and me fucking up the game because I was playing like a wanton fool.

Still, a simple port would be nice, where you just had the graphics touched up just a bit. But it doesn't matter.

I think what I want is a new Dark Sun crpg that preserves the EI that make Shattered Lands so good. But it will likely be a long time coming before we see that, if ever.

mondblut

Arcane
I wouldn't mind M&M1-2 being remade with better-than-ega gfx and semi-decent interface (3-5 or Wizardry7-type engines are acceptable).

ricolikesrice

Arcane
-used to be Master of Magic, but between FFH2 and (hopefully) elemental that is somewhat covered, though i d still dance for 3 months if someone did a proper remake with nothing but improved graphics/interface and good AI.

-X-com :(

-Realms of Arcania 1&2. dont need a fancy 3d engine , voice overs and all that crap. good looking high-res 2d graphics, using the latests DSA ruleset , better interface and some rebalancing d be more than enough.

-Ultima Underworld.

-Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. I m aware a new mechwarrior is being made but colour me suprised if it isnt yet another story-based "cinematic experience" with 6 hours whack-a-moling and an epic plot about betrayal and romance.

-Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.

many more....

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
mondblut said:
I wouldn't mind M&M1-2 being remade with better-than-ega gfx and semi-decent interface (3-5 or Wizardry7-type engines are acceptable).
That would be... pretty awesome actually. MM1-2 in the MM3-5 engine would be heavan.

laclongquan

Arcane
Reimagine?

Make a living world then. Your actions, quests, and certain decisions can spur one (several) locations from sleepy provincial villages/towns to become centers of whole regions. Make villages enlarged, towns fortified, caves inhabited by dreadful beasts, lakes filled with aquatic demonic beings....

That kind of reimagine you want? because the whole world games out there is so static.

Destroid

Arcane
I know mechwarrior gets a lot of love (and I too played MW2+Mercs+MW3), but the combat mechanics of that game are really quite simple and clumsy. The mechs are not agile enough to dodge anything, its barely better than stand next to each other and shoot.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Destroid: you clearly haven't played MW2+Mercs much.

Those games were based on a military-grade simulation engine. The Mechs you chose varied drastically in abilities, which affected strategy. The heatsinks and grouping/types of weapons mattered.

Choosing which of the enemy's bodyparts to take out first - their mobility or weapons... Or just go for the torso in a hail mary...

Choosing to override cooldowns and managing risk of explosion was strategic. Finally, when your mechs' limbs got blown off... choosing which side to expose to the enemy, using jetpacks to get around the fact that your leg has been blown off...

Those games were simulators. "Stand next to each other and shoot" my ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom