Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Arcanum, old chaps.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Later this month. I need to get some stuff done to the laptop it's installed on, hopefully that'll all be done quickly. LP is not abandoned, just on hold until that gets done which will hopefully be soon.

Imbecile

Arbiter
About to give this a whirl. Anything I need to be doing? Presumably play it turn based, and I'm inclined towards a techy, gun wielding character (dwarf, human?).

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Create whatever you want, you'll restart with new char soon anyways. I suggest having 9 charisma by the time you reach Shrouded Hills just so you can recruit Sogg.

jaro

Educated
Imbecile said:
About to give this a whirl. Anything I need to be doing? Presumably play it turn based, and I'm inclined towards a techy, gun wielding character (dwarf, human?).

Tech fucking SUCKS for the first playthrough, just play a melee warrior, maybe with some magic. My opinion might be a bit biased though, because I am so fucking pissed at the Gunsmithy discipline, fuckin' Troika :?

Murk

Arcane
Gunsmithy? Hoo hoo, tech melee warrior is nigh unstoppable.

Actually, ANY melee warrior is nigh unstoppable ;(

Erebus

Arcane
Let's play Arcanum, old chaps.

Let's not, say we did, and pretend it's awesome.

But if you can't help it, mage with Harm and Summon Ogre is the way to go.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
because I am so fucking pissed at the Gunsmithy discipline, fuckin' Troika

Because it's not so overpowered as pretty much all other builds?

Yeah, I see why you would be angry. Fucking Troika for not making all builds insta-win!

Then again, when I played a gunsmith I played without any patch and with the sniper rifle I was godlike. I understand the patch reduced the power of the sniper rifle, though.

But if you can't help it, mage with Harm and Summon Ogre is the way to go.

Indeed! It's the way to go if you want as little enjoyment from the game as possible!

Fucking morons who go "LOLOOL ARCANMU SUCKZ TOO EAZY" but at the same time play the most overpowered builds.

Erebus

Arcane
Combat is certainly not one of the strong points of Arcanum, so why waste time with it ?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Well, that's a valid point, but if you also play the most overpowered builds then you can be pretty sure you're not gonna get any fun out of it.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Told ya to play a retard... more LP value.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom